IGNORED

What exactly are the Seventh Day Adventists?

Justmemyselfandi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

I knew some SDA's  I thought they were being legalistic about the Sabbath, but I did admire their knowledge of scripture about Rev and the book of Daniel. They were Good Christians. I even attended a couple of their services.  I have seen some SDA post One in particular was very articulate and I Amend him more than once. Like other churches they think they have the corner on the marked. No denomination has that.

The Lord knows every single grain in the wheat field and we are not saved be affiliation but how we are in the heart.   

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

SDA

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

To say that one can be a good Seventh Day Adventist and not believe that the writings of Ellen G. White are equal with the Bible is to deny the foundation of their church organization. In the first Seventh Day Adventist Church Manual, published in 1932, one of the twenty-one questions ministers were to ask every candidate for baptism and church membership was: "Do you believe the Bible doctrine of 'spiritual gifts' in the church, and do you believe in the gift of the Spirit of prophecy which has been manifested in the remnant church through the ministry and writings of Mrs. Ellen G. White?" page 78. The visions were (1880's) and are (presently) a test of fellowship. http://www.hope-of-israel.org/notadven.htm

A Dear People

Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom. Proverbs 13:10

Mrs. White said that no sins wore blotted out until 1844: "At the close of the 2300 days, in 1844, began the work of investigation and the blotting out of sins." (Great Controversy, page 552). Again, totally contrary to the Bible. Acts 3:19 (RSV) says "Repent therefore and turn again that your sins may be blotted out, that [literal Greek says 'in order that'] times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." David prayed that his sins would be blotted out, and that he would be washed from his iniquities, Psalms 51:1-2. Thus the Bible teaches a complete removal of sins at the time a sinner truly repents. SDA's believe that all confessed sins until 1844 were "transferred to the heavenly sanctuary" thus "defiling the sanctuary" which began to be "cleansed" in 1844. How the heavenly Jerusalem, Hebrews 12:22, could be defiled yet be inhabited by a holy God and Christ, separate from sin and sinners, is something I have never seen Seventh Day Adventists answer (see Hebrews 7:22-28). http://www.hope-of-israel.org/notadven.htm

That I Have Deeply Loved

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Philippians 2:3

For about ten years after 1844, the White party taught that probation had closed for all the world except the Advent believers. This is called the "shut door doctrine." In A Word to the Little Flock (1847), page 14, Mrs. White clearly expressed the belief that non-Adventists could not be saved. James White in Present Truth (1849), page 22 said that the time of non- Adventists' salvation was past. In later editions, these revealing portions were expunged. See also Present Truth, May 1850, pages 75-79.

As a result of this teaching, public evangelism was not done, but Sabbath Adventists labored exclusively among those that had been in the Adventist movement during the years leading up to 1844. Ellen White's "Camden Vision" stated that the wicked could not be benefitted by prayers of Adventists because they were lost. Later, these firm "shut door" teachings were conveniently forgotten, to pave the way for new converts. More damaging than believing in the shut door idea is denying that they ever taught it. Yet that is what a number of SDA apologists would have you believe. http://www.hope-of-israel.org/notadven.htm

And A Church That My Heart Groans For

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Romans 3:24-28

The subject of food must be one of great embarrassment to Seventh Day Adventists. It is readily apparent that not all SDA's are vegetarians, yet the predominant teaching is against eating meat. Why this dichotomy? If on the one hand, SDA's are supposed to believe that Ellen G. White's visions are to be treated as the prophets of old, why do they not all listen to their prophetess? As we have seen before, why didn't Ellen G. White follow her own prophecies?

She said in Testimonies (1872), Volume III, page 21 that her visions gave "positive testimony against tobacco, spiritous liquors, snuff, tea, coffee, flesh-meats, butter, spices, rich cakes, mince pies, a large amount of salt, and all exciting substitutes used as articles of food." Further, she stated that cheese should never enter the human stomach, and that "eggs should not be placed upon your table" (Testimonies, Volume II, pages 68, 400).

However, the Bible contradicts Mrs. White. Jesus ate fish, Luke 24:41-43. He prepared a fish fry for the disciples, John 21:9-12. As the God of the Old Testament, He ate a meal of bread, butter, milk and beef with Abraham, Genesis 18:1-8. The Messiah was prophesied to eat butter, Isaiah 7:14-16. God's people eat eggs, Job 6:6, which are "good gifts" of His blessings to us, Luke 11:11-13. David ate cheese, II Samuel 17:29.

We agree that tobacco, tea, coffee and excessive amounts of salt and spices are harmful to the body, as well as excessive amounts of intoxicating beverages (there are many Scriptures on this topic). However, God created the alcoholic fermentation process. The Savior drank wine (not grape juice), Matthew 11:18-19, John 2:1-11. Paul told Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomach's sake, I Timothy 5:23. When SDA's are confronted with the Bible facts on wine, they are totally dishonest and try to say that the Greek word wine, oinos, means "grape juice." Try getting drunk on grape juice (Ephesians 6:18, which uses this same Greek word oinos)!

Let us be honest with God 's Holy Word ! Ellen G. White' s writings are held to be as inspired as Isaiah and all the prophets of old. Yet she contradicts the Bible and herself.

Seventh Day Adventists today are not honest. Mrs. White's published vision says that we are positively not to eat fleshmeats. Yet the SDA church does not follow this teaching. A recent Adventist Review magazine (1978 "Friendship Issue") states that she merely gave "advice to abstain from flesh foods" and "not all members have adopted a nonflesh diet" (page 12). If many members of the church founded by Mrs. White do not even believe what she said, when she clamed infallibility, why should I believe Ellen G. White at all? I'd rather believe I Timothy 4:1-4, "Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils,....commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving...." http://www.hope-of-israel.org/notadven.htm

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. 

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible) 

Love, Your Brother Joe 

~ 

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible) 

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable. 

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you. 

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed. 

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure. 

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents. 

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Heretoeternity banned from the thread.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

On 12/9/2017 at 7:40 AM, Jaydog1976 said:

I have some friends that are SDA's as well. Now I do know that an SDA can be a Christian but how they can be a Christian and accept some of the teachings and doctrines is beyond my comprehension. The one I really have a hard time with is the fact that SDA's teach that our sins were placed on Satan not on Christ which is a clear contradiction to scripture. I Peter 2:24 teaches this doctrine, ""He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed." He is referring to Christ not Satan. There is no where in scripture that teaches that our sin was placed upon Satan. 

The above doctrine as well as others mentioned make me question the salvation of any SDA because I don't think they clearly understand what salvation really is. 

And then there is, of course, the teachings that following the Law is required for salvation and also the prophecies that never came true. Personally I think Ellen G. White was a bit unstable mentally yet as with any cult, false religion or whatever, their followers will follow man's teaching over God's Word. 

I think this...."The one I really have a hard time with is the fact that SDA's teach that our sins were placed on Satan not on Christ which is a clear contradiction to scripture".....is what tells me all I need to know about SDA teaching.  Absolutely unscriptural.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Their prophet Ellen G White was a false prophet.

Ellen G. White
By Dr. Robert Morey
Category: Cults
There is only one fundamental issue between Evangelicals and Seventh-day Adventists: Was Ellen G. White a prophetess of God? She was either whom she claimed to be or she was a liar or a nut case. There are no other logical options.
I. Her Claims:
“God was speaking through clay. In these letters which I write, in the testimonies I bear, I am  presenting to you that which the Lord has presented to me. I do not write an article in the paper expressing merely my own ideas. They are what God has opened before me in vision–the precious rays of light shining from the throne.”
E.G. WHITE TESTIMONIES, vol. 3, p. 63.
“When I send you a testimony of warning and reproof, many of you declare it to be merely the opinion of Sister White. You have thereby insulted the Spirit of God.”
E.G. WHITE TESTIMONIES, Vol. 5, p. 66l.
“Those who are reproved by the Spirit of God should not rise up against the humble instrument. It is God and not an erring mortal, who has spoken to save them from ruin.”
TESTIMONY FOR THE CHURCH, Vol. 3, p. 257.
“Seventh Day Adventists hold that Ellen G. White performed the work of a true prophet during the seventy years of her public ministry. As Samuel was a prophet, as Jeremiah was a prophet, as John the Baptist, so we believe that Mrs. White was a prophet to the church of Christ today.”
THE ADVENT REVIEW & HERALD (l0/4/l928)
II. The Evidence:
What of White’s Prophecies? Did she predict the Second Coming of Christ? Yes she did!
l843 “I have seen that the l843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord and that it should not be altered, that the figures were as he wanted them.”
Early Writings, p. 64, l882 ed.
l844 “We heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus’ coming.”
A Word To The Little Flock, p. l4, l847 ed.
l845 “It is well known that many were expecting the Lord to come at the 7th month, l845. That Christ would then come we firmly believed. A few days before the time past…Ellen was with the band at Carver, Mass., where she saw in vision, that we should be disappointed.”
A Word To The Little Flock, p.22, l847 ed.
l849 “Now time is almost finished and what we have been 6 years learning they will have to learn in months.”
Early Writings, p. 57.
l856 “I was shown the company present at the conference. Said the angel: ‘Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus.”
TestimoniesFor The Church, vol. I, pp. l3l-l32.
l862 “The system of slavery, which has ruined our nation, is left to live and stir up another rebellion.”
Early Writings, p. 256.
Since White’s predictions of the return of Christ did not come true, we must conclude on the basis of Deut. 18:21-23 that she was a false prophet.
III. What About White’s Visions?
The biblical and historical material that White claimed to receive by way of visions was actually stolen from dozens of books. (See: Walter Rea, The White Lie, M&R Pub., 1982, Box 2056, Turlock, Ca. 9538l). The health and nutrition visions were also stolen from medical books of that period. (See: Ronald Numbers, Prophetess of Health, Harper & Row, N.Y., 1976).
Conclusion
The only conclusion possible is that Ellen G. White was not only a dishonest woman who plagiarized the works of others, but she was also a false prophet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 12/8/2017 at 11:59 PM, heretoeternity said:

You obviously have a false sense of the Bible....the seventh day Sabbath comes from Genesis 2, when God created the seventh day of creation week as a restday, He blessed the day and sanctified it...it is the only Holy day in the Bible..yet you do not want to keep it...says a lot about the credibility of your spiritual walk....God made it the fourth commandment of the ten commandments Exodus 20.....you erroneously say it is a "mosaic" sabbath....wrong again....the law of Moses has annual sabbaths which were eliminated in ACTs 15....the seventh day Sabbbath is God's law which God Himself wrote. 

The "doctrine" comes directly from the Bible, not any individaul...you should know that by now. As the Holy seventh day Sabbath is part of the ten commandments, to break any one of these is to break them all..James 2....1st John says "sin is transgression of God's law (the ten commandments)...Do you think people breaking God's law will enter the kingdom of Heaven?

Remember salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are NON Biblical and of pagan origins.

Are you saying Jesus and His disciples sinned?

Mat_12:1  At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat_12:2  But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

Col 2:16  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
Col 2:18  Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

• Thumbs Up 1