MyLordsServant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Pray and ask humbly, "Dear Father, help me be perfect". It may seem like a prideful prayer, so it's generally avoided, but it is needed.

Too many people accept sin as permanent and intractable, even after being born again. If the Spirit of God is truly in you, and you have a new heart, it is definitely possible.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matthew 5:48.

This is a high standard to reach, but possible. "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

When temptation comes your way, or when you have spontaneous sinful thoughts. Do as Jesus did, and proclaim, "It is written, thou shall not __________". Whether out loud, or in your thoughts.

Immediately, the temptation will fall away. The adversary cannot argue against the Holy words of God. You can't fight sin on your own, only by the Word of God and Holy Spirit in you. 

• Praise God! 1

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't accept the sin that I do but neither do I accept the doctrine of sinlessness in this life that many espouse. 

You're saying not all things are possible for God?

Where does it say in scriptures that Christians can't be perfect?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

You're saying not all things are possible for God?

Where does it say in scriptures that Christians can't be perfect?

Did JESUS ever once say ,   Hey God knows ya cant stop sinning ,  so try and just sin less.

NOPE.

HE said GO and SIN no more , and several times added, LEST SOMETHING WORSE come upon you . 

Did paul say  hey church , you don't have to be happy about your sin , hate it, but understand you cant live without sin.

OR did HEsay  LET he who names the name of Christ DEPART from inquity.

DID paul teach hey try and sin less.   OR did he say LET NOT THESE THINGS EVEN O N  C   E  be named among you as becometh saints.

DID he say HEY if you follow the spirit you wont sin so much.   OR did paul say IFyou walk after the SPIRIT you WONT FULLFILL the lusts of the flesh

and the lusts of the flesh are these......adultery............etc and so on, aka SIN.

AND those who are Chists HAVE crucified the affections and lusts of the flesh.

The problem with so many is they gave up , they accepted what men taught.  WE must fight and die daily.

AND if one errs,  WE asap greased lightning fast restore such  a one .  correct such a one.  TODAY due tomany mindsets we have no real sense of urgency when one is in sin.

AND that is the problem.  See many no longer teach  Exhort one anoher daily LEST YE become HARDENED through the deceitfulness of sin.

Many think   hey i am saved , once saved always and they have no sense of being grave anymore .   TO follow JESUS don't end on our first day of coming to him.

IT BEGINS and we better CONTINUE IN HIM or we too shall be cast out.  and that is why many OSAS believe many things .  they think none can fall away.

We got to get serious again.  IF we have the SAME SPIRIT of Christ in us ,  THAT SPIRIT would guide us in light , not in sin.  THUS we must daily obey the SPIRIT

for if we fall back unto the flesh that end is death .  SO we must be here to warn , remind , encourage, rebuke till our last breath.

AMEN .

• Brilliant! 1

20 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

HE said GO and SIN no more , and several times added, LEST SOMETHING WORSE come upon you . 

Exactly, well said.

Too many people are conditioned by false mega-church doctrines; "I will never stop sinning". They overestimate the power of Satan, and underestimate the power of God. "with God ALL things are possible".

It is Gods will that we do NOT sin. If you do not do Gods will, what will happen? "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Satan is weak and his only power is great deception. He has centuries and centuries of time, to slowly turn man from God. 

All throughout scripture we are taught that we can live without sin, but the deception of Satan convinces people otherwise.

He twists scripture in a way that says, "you can't stop sinning, because I'm more powerful than God". Same as he twisted Gods words when he deceived Eve, and tried to deceive Jesus 3 times.

For goodness sake! Jesus(God) became man to die for us and teach us how to be perfect! He even commands it! "Be Perfect"!

Yet people still have the boldness to say, "you can't live without sinning". Absolute deception!

This is how we battle deception:

48 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't accept the sin that I do but neither do I accept the doctrine of sinlessness in this life that many espouse. 

It is Written: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Edited by MyLordsServant

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Pray and ask humbly, "Dear Father, help me be perfect". It may seem like a prideful prayer, so it's generally avoided, but it is needed.

Too many people accept sin as permanent and intractable, even after being born again. If the Spirit of God is truly in you, and you have a new heart, it is definitely possible.

God is light. In Him is no darkness at all. He cannot lie.

1Jn 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The word perfect (teleios) in Greek means complete.

If you insist on it meaning sinlessness try this one...

Mat 19:21
(21)  Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Apparently, unless you have sold all you have (including the keyboard you are typing on) you are not perfect.

Teleios(Greek): perfect, (a) complete in all its parts, (b) full grown, of full age, (c) specially of the completeness of Christian character. Mature(consummated) from going through the necessary stages to reach the end-goal. What's the end goal? To sin? No.

What's the Christian character, to be complete in all parts and fully mature in Christ?

Christian character = character of Jesus. Does Jesus sin? 

It is to be sinless. Choosing one synonym("complete") to help twist your doctrine, doesn't work.

Perfect in Hebrew: blameless (22), blamelessly (1), complete (1), entire (1), full (1), intact (1), integrity (4), perfect (5), sincerity (1), unblemished (2), uprightly (1), who is perfect (1), whole (2), without blemish (12), without defect (36).

27 minutes ago, Yowm said:

All things are possible that He says He will do. He will give us glorified bodies in the future, until then, sinlessness will be elusive.

Who do you know that does not sin (is perfect)? One day we will be.

He tells us to be perfect. So yes, it is HIS WILL that we become perfect, like HIM. "Be perfect, like your FATHER IN HEAVEN IS PERFECT". So why would he not help us be perfect if we ask? 

Are you saying God is merely 'complete'? Not perfect?

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

"Jesus declared. “Now” go and sin no more." John 8:11

16 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Here is what Paul did say about this topic...

Php 3:2-15
(2)  Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh.
(3)  For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—
(4)  though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more:
(5)  circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee;
(6)  as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.
(7)  But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
(8)  Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ
(9)  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—
(10)  that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
(11)  that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
(12)  Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.
(13)  Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
(14) I press on toward  the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
(15)  Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.

Those who are mounting the Via Nomos (Way of the Law) are on the dangerous path of self righteousness.

It is written: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Edited by MyLordsServant

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You are cramming sinlessness into the definition of complete...a complete non starter. lol

Teleios(Greek): perfect, (a) complete in all its parts, (b) full grown, of full age, (c) specially of the completeness of Christian character. Mature(consummated) from going through the necessary stages to reach the end-goal. 

Perfect in Hebrew: blameless (22), blamelessly (1), complete (1), entire (1), full (1), intact (1), integrity (4), perfect (5), sincerity (1), unblemished (2), uprightly (1), who is perfect (1), whole (2), without blemish (12), without defect (36)

Are you saying the translator doesn't know how to translate properly? I didn't translate or "cram" these as you say.

Can you not deduct sinlessness from these synonyms which you ignored?

Edited by MyLordsServant

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No. That is not what I said. I said one day we will be complete. The definitions you cited never say 'sinlessness'. Even Paul says he has not yet attained that which Jesus has apprehended him for.

When Jesus says "Be perfect", he isn't referring to be perfect in the after life. 

So what you're saying makes no sense. 

Is Paul your Jesus? Why does it matter that Paul hasn't attained perfection? 

If Jesus is perfect, then through him we can be perfect, like him. He was an example for us. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

Okay, I see you're reversing your logic now by saying, they definitions didn't say "sinlessness". What's the opposite of perfect? 

I've already proved by deducting the term, to meaning sinlessness. 

:

Teleios(Greek): perfect, (a) complete in all its parts, (b) full grown, of full age, (c) specially of the completeness of Christian character. Mature(consummated) from going through the necessary stages to reach the end-goal. What's the end goal? To sin? No.

What's the Christian character, to be complete in all parts and fully mature in Christ?

Christian character = character of Jesus. Does Jesus sin? 

It is to be sinless. Choosing one synonym("complete") to help twist your doctrine, doesn't work.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

People who fail to see their own sinfulness (easily see it in others) and think they no longer sin have simply lowered the goalpost of the LAW to where they can say they have attained sinlessness.

Who here said they were sinless? Who here accused another of sin?