Psalms37:4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

What is it? When does it occur? And why is it prophesied in two scriptures set 1000 years apart? 

1) What is Gog and Magog?

Gog is the name of the biblical antichrist. Almost every prophetic books in the old testaments from Isaiah to Malachi including Psalm has a name the author addresses the a/c by. No other biblical character in the entire bible has more names given to him than the a/c. It's no different in the book of Ezekiel where he's called Gog in chapters 38 & 39.

There are some who thinks Gog refers to the devil. This is neither right or wrong because the man of sin later becomes the beast after satan is casted down from heaven and later empowers the a/c to become the beast. However, to be specifically accurate, Gog in the bible is referred to as the a/c. Gog can be kill and will be by Christ. Gog will also be buried in Israel.

Daniel 8:25 New King James Version (NKJV)

“Through his cunning
He shall cause deceit to prosper under his rule;
And he shall exalt himself in his heart.
He shall destroy many in their prosperity.
He shall even rise against the Prince of princes;
But he shall be broken without human means.

Ezekiel 39:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 “It will come to pass in that day that I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea; and it will obstruct travelers, because there they will bury Gog and all his multitude. Therefore they will call it the Valley of Hamon Gog. 12 For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land.

Magog is the location of origin of the antichrist. Gog is from the land of Magog. Gog is the person, Magog is the place.

Ezekiel 38:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)

38 Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.

Noah's youngest son Japheth had seven sons: Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras. The sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz, Riphath, and TogarmahThe sons of Javan were Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 

At the end of the flood, Noah's ark settle on Mount Ararat which is located in eastern Turkey. Japheth and all his sons settled in the location of the coastland of Asia Minor which is today the modern nation of Turkey. Only Shem and Ham migrated to other locations as revealed in Genesis 10.

Genesis 10:2-5 New King James Version (NKJV)

The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras. The sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah. The sons of Javan were Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.From these the coastland peoples of the Gentiles were separated into their lands, everyone according to his language, according to their families, into their nations.

Contrary to popular belief, Magog is not modern day Russia. Magog was located in Asia Minor, a coastal area.

Ezekiel 39:6 New King James Version (NKJV)

“And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security in the coastlands.Then they shall know that I am the Lord.

map4.jpg

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

map3.jpg

map6.jpg

To give you a better idea of where Magog is located today, here's a map of Turkey with the location of it's capital, Ankara. Compare the location of Ankara with Magog below.

God has a place on earth which He calls His home. That would be Israel, particularly the city of Jerusalem. Just like God, satan also has a home on earth, his place is located in Asia Minor which is modern day Turkey.

Revelation 2:13 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 “I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.

map5.jpg

map1.jpg

You can read more here:

http://www.wnd.com/2...-gog-and-magog/

In summary, Gog is the person who is the antichrist. He's from the land of Magog, the location of his origin.

2) When does the war of Gog and Magog occur?

Just like any other great wars of the past, there are numerous battles being fought. The Battle of Midway, Pearl Harbor, The battle of Normandy, The battle of the Bulge, Battle of Dunkirk etc are all battles within World War 2. Gog and Magog is the name of the war consisting of many battles involving the a/c during his 42 month reign on earth, the entire second half of the tribulation. The war of Gog and Magog is named after the a/c. However the war doesn't stop the moment the a/c dies as it continues until Christ destroys all His enemies up until the end of the 7th vial. The war is a little over 42 months, 1335 days to be exact as given by Daniel for the second half. 

The war begins at the abomination of desolation when the a/c becomes the beast when satan empowers him. Ezekiel 38 is the invasion by the a/c during the AoD. This is the first battle of the war. In between are many smaller battles involving countries and cities throughout the Middle East during the 42 months as the a/c goes out conquering and to conquer. The final battle of the Gog and Magog war is Armageddon.

If you study the book of Ezekiel from chapters 34 to 48 (the end), it's in chronological order. Let's go over the book but in reverse order as it's easier to follow.

~From Ezekiel chapters 40-48, this is construction of the millennial temple during the early parts of the millennium.

~In Ezekiel 39:25-29, this is the gathering after the tribulation.

~In Ezekiel 39:17-20, this is the Armageddon feast parallel to Revelation 19:17-18.

~In Ezekiel 39:1-5, this is Armageddon where he a/c gets defeated.

~In Ezekiel 38:18-23, this is a description of what happens during the desolation period of the AoD when Jerusalem gets destroyed shortly after the midpoint.

~In Ezekiel 38:1-17, this is the middle of the tribulation when the a/c and his army invades Jerusalem uncontested and stops the daily sacrifice.

~In Ezekiel 37, the entire chapter is about Israel during the first half of the tribulation when she's is in great prosperity, during which the descendants from the kingdom of Israel have been gathered back to Israel after more than 2700 years since the Assyrian exile. God brings them back to Israel along with other members from the kingdom of Judah. God will do the same thing He did during the Babylonian captivity and lure them back with the construction of the third temple. Than He will reconcile both houses as one kingdom. 

Please read Ezekiel 37 carefully as many have error thinking this to be the gathering of 1948. This is totally incorrect and the evidence against that is right in the scripture itself as you can see God mentions Israel and Ephraim having returned to Israel to be reunited with Judah. 

This didn't happened in 1948. This prophecy is still future, the very near future.

Ezekiel 37:16-22 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 “As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: ‘For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.’ Then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel, his companions.’ 17 Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.

18 “And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, ‘Will you not show us what you mean by these?’— 19 say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.”’ 20 And the sticks on which you write will be in your hand before their eyes.

21 “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again.

Here's the gathering in 1948 when God brought home Judah. Ezekiel 34:12-13.

Ezekiel 34:12-13 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land; I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, in the valleys and in all the inhabited places of the country.

~In Ezekiel 36:16-28, this is the gathering of all the kingdom of Israel. This will begin next year shortly after the construction of the third temple begins. Ephraim will return to help finish the temple. The 144,000 will be returning to the holy land by now.

In summary, Gog and Magog is a war during the entire second half of the tribulation, the time of the antichrist's 42 month reign involving many battles beginning with Ezekiel 38 (AoD) and ending at Armageddon.

3) Why are there two prophesies of Gog and Magog 1000 years apart? 

Even though I fully understand why Gog and Magog is mentioned twice set 1000 years apart, this part is gonna be a little tough to explain, maybe even tougher to understand. 

Satan has a home on earth just like God. When he gets kicked out of heaven at the 7th trumpet, he'll come home on earth to wreck havoc. He's gonna go home and select an individual from his homeland to lead a rebellion against God's people. When this happens, the man of sin becomes the beast and begins his 42 month reign. 

Daniel 7:25 New King James Version (NKJV)

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

Revelation 12:13 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.

After the tribulation, satan is bound for 1000 years and can't do anything on earth. Once he's released after the millennium, he'll be even more upset and enraged. First thing he's gonna do is go home and find another badboy to lead another rebellion against God's people. 

Only this time, the invasion is destroyed by God before it can capture Jerusalem. However in Ezekiel 38, the invasion is successful. Jerusalem is sieged, captured and destroyed. Not the same event.

Revelation 20:7-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Now those readers who are astute and are fully able to understand the things I've written so far, you can figure out what John is telling us when he calls the rebellion in Revelation 20, Gog and Magog. He's letting us know another empire will arise from the area of Asia Minor just like the a/c's empire in the near future.

Now I know this gonna shock a lot of readers but when John calls this rebellion "Gog" and Magog, he's actually telling us there will be another a/c figure 1000 years from now who will lead that rebellion that will come from Asia Minor (Magog). 

It only makes sense if satan is release after the millennium. Once he's loose, what else will he do but wreck havoc upon the world and God's people trying to bring about another apocalypse with another a/c to lead another army.

==============================================

==============================================

I forgot to mention this. When the invasion of Ezekiel 38 takes places, it's a coalition of four countries: Turkey, Iran, Ethiopia and Libya. Russia is not involved.

Magog, Rosh, Meshech, Tubal, Gomer and Togarmah are all sons and grandson of Japheth. They all settled in Asia Minor. All these names represent different areas of Turkey.

Ezekiel 38:1-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

38 Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and TubalI will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops—many people are with you.

Additional information for those who didn't know happening at the 6th trumpet.

~The a/c and his army is the 200 million mentioned in Revelation 9:16 who goes out conquering and to conquer.

~The four angels bound at the Euphrates river are to gather these four countries: Turkey, Iran, Ethiopia and Libya. They are the hooks in the jaws in Ezekiel 38:4 when God will use the angels to gather Gog and his army to invade Jerusalem.

~The 6th trumpet is also the middle of the tribulation where you see the a/c having arrived at Jerusalem and kills the two witnesses. 

Revelation 9:13-16 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 Then the sixth angel sounded: And I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, 14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” 15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind. 16 Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.

Population as of 2017:

Ethiopia...104,957,438

Iran.............81,162,788

Turkey........80,745,020 

Libya..............6,374,616

-----------

Total........273,239,864

They can field a 200 million army. 

http://www.worldomet...ion-by-country/

Gonna rephrase this a little as I think this will make it easier for other people to understand the timing on the invasion of Ezekiel 38.

I think a majority of people will agree the a/c is involved in the invasion of Jerusalem in Ezekiel 38.

I think a majority of people will agree the a/c will invade Jerusalem at the middle of the tribulation.

I think a majority of people will agree the a/c invades Jerusalem only once in the end times, not twice.

I think a majority of people will agree the a/c come on the scene during the tribulation and not before.

Hopefully this will make sense to those still wondering if Ezekiel 38 will happen before the tribulation.

Edited by Psalms37:4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

So what you are saying is that the weapons of war collected will be burned during the first seven years of the Mill.

I don't agree. 

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Believe that the weapons of war will be burned during the first part of the Lord's millennial kingdom

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

When Ezekiel 38 and 39 are carefully read, it can be seen that God will motivate a huge army, it's of no consequence where they come from, to attack His people recently settled into the holy Land, in order to display His power. Joel 2:20 also mentions this. 

This proves a few things; The holy Land will soon be cleared and cleansed. Deuteronomy 32:34-43  The Lord's righteous people, now every faithful Christian, Jew and Gentile, will gather and live in all of the holy Land.; Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Romans 9:24-26   They are a vast multitude of people from every tribe, race, nation and language, Revelation 7:9      Jesus will not be present as yet, because the Lord uses Gog and his army to show them and the nations that He is the Lord. Ezekiel 38:23

Plainly it will all happen before the Return of Jesus and before the 7 year treaty is made with the leader of the One World Govt. So the 7 year clean up of the weapons will be over before the Return. 

On 12/9/2017 at 9:42 AM, Montana Marv said:

So what you are saying is that the weapons of war collected will be burned during the first seven years of the Mill.

I don't agree. 

In Christ

Montana Marv

No, not the first 7 years of the millennium but sometime in the early years after the tribulation. If you study OT prophecies on when the gathering after the tribulation begins, it's not as "immediate" as Matthew 24 made it sound. Mark and Luke's discourse doesn't use the word immediate either. In the OT, it's revealed the gathering takes place many months to a year after the tribulation. Once all of God's people return to Israel, we rebuilt first before gathering all the weapons to use as firewood. This could be years away.

It's impossible Gog and Magog can take place anytime before Israel signs "the" peace treaty. Ezekiel 38:11 mentions Israel at such peace, that all the walls around Jerusalem and other cities have been removed. No bar, no gate, no walls. They're living at such safety making Ezekiel 38 impossible to happen anytime just before the tribulation. Israel today is no way remotely close to Ezekiel 38:11.

Ezekiel 38:11 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates’—

Look what else it said in Ezekiel 38:13. Sheba and Dedan are the various people of Saudi Arabia. They're there conducting businesses in Jerusalem. Tarshish is also there conducting business. Tarshish is Lebanon. Israel is about to go to war with Lebanon as well as many others. There's no way Ezekiel 38 is before the tribulation unless Israel is at peace with Lebanon, which they're NOT.

Ezekiel 38:13 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 Sheba, Dedan, the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions will say to you, ‘Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?’”’

It's  also impossible Ezekiel 38 can happen anytime in the first half of the tribulation because Israel will be at peace. Israel doesn't get invaded till the midpoint at the AoD.

And after the AoD, Jerusalem is destroyed, no more Jerusalem. So during the rest of the second half of the tribulation, it's illogical that Ezekiel 38 can occur.

The only time Jerusalem gets invaded by the a/c as mentioned in the bible is in the middle of the tribulation. 

11 hours ago, Keras said:

Plainly it will all happen before the Return of Jesus and before the 7 year treaty is made with the leader of the One World Govt. So the 7 year clean up of the weapons will be over before the Return. 

Keras, why don't you settle down, take a deep breath and think for a minute. How in the world can you have a one world government when the world is at war?

A OWG can only exist when the world is in unity and harmony living peacefully united under one ruler serving one government. How can you get a OWG when the world will be at war during the entire tribulation? How can you get a OWG when the a/c with his army will wage war against many countries, conquering and to conquer? 

The only time a OWG can possibly exist would be when Christ reigns on earth and peacefully unite all countries to live together serving God.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

23 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Keras, why don't you settle down, take a deep breath and think for a minute. How in the world can you have a one world government when the world is at war?

Why don't you actually study what the Bible prophets are telling us?

Ezekiel 7:14 ....no one goes to the battle, for My wrath will fall upon all of them. 

There is a lot of talk about World War 3 - the Psalms 83 event, the Gog, Magog War and Armageddon. The actual fact is – they are not wars at all!  They are all events where God uses seemingly natural occurrences, such as earthquakes, hailstorms, plagues and sunstrikes to destroy enemy armies. The exception is when Jesus uses the Sword of His Word at His Return.

BTW, Tarshish is Britain. Proved by Ezekiel 27:12  Lebanon does not have silver, iron, lead and tin.

Edited by Keras

46 minutes ago, Keras said:

Why don't you actually study what the Bible prophets are telling us?

Ezekiel 7:14 ....no one goes to the battle, for My wrath will fall upon all of them.

The succeeding verse indicates otherwise.

You should be more honest Keras and stop pulling verses out of context. 

Ezekiel 7:15 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 The sword is outside,
And the pestilence and famine within.
Whoever is in the field
Will die by the sword;

And whoever is in the city,
Famine and pestilence will devour him.

There is a lot of talk about World War 3 - the Psalms 83 event, the Gog, Magog War and Armageddon. The actual fact is – they are not wars at all!  They are all events where God uses seemingly natural occurrences, such as earthquakes, hailstorms, plagues and sunstrikes to destroy enemy armies. The exception is when Jesus uses the Sword of His Word at His Return.

You are clearly unfit without the credentials to be a teacher.

BTW, Tarshish is Britain. Proved by Ezekiel 27:12  Lebanon does not have silver, iron, lead and tin.

No, we're both wrong. Tarshish is Spain. For some reason, I was thinking Tyre when I wrote that. Tyre is in Lebanon.

Josephus ("Ant." i. 6, § 1), apparently reading "Tarshush," identifies it with Tarsus in Cilicia. This identification was adopted by Bunsen and Sayce ("Expository Times," 1902, p. 179); but it seems from Assyrian inscriptions that the original Hebrew name of Tarsus was not "Tarshush." Bochart (in his "Phaleg"), followed by many later scholars, identifies Tarshish with Tartessus, mentioned by Herodotus and Strabo as a district of southern Spain; he thinks, moreover, that "Tartessus" is the Aramaic form of "Tarshish." On the other hand, Le Page Renouf ("Proc. Soc. Bibl. Arch." xvi. 104 et seq.) refutes this theory, declaring besides that Tartessus never really existed. Renouf's opinion is that "Tarshish" means a coast, and, as the word occurs frequently in connection with Tyre, the Phenician coast is to be understood. Cheyne (in "Orientalische Litteraturzeitung," iii. 151) thinks that "Tarshish" of Gen. x. 4, and "Tiras" of Gen. x. 2, are really two names of one nation derived from two different sources, and might indicate the Tyrsenians or Etruscans. Thus the name may denote Italy or the European coasts west of Greece.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/14254-tarshish

45 minutes ago, Keras said:

Actually I was originally right. The Tarshish in the bible does refer to it as Tyre as I thought. Some websites associate Tarshish with Spain. Probably a different Tarshish?

Isaiah 23:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

23 The burden against Tyre.

Wail, you ships of Tarshish!
For it is laid waste,
So that there is no house, no harbor;
From the land of Cyprus it is revealed to them.