IGNORED

Politics, religion and the reason why the Christian Church was formed.

Justmemyselfandi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Does anyone realize that what happened in Germany happened just under 100 years ago.  2017 is almost gone. 2018, 2019, 2020 - 2030.  No one outside the rich could even buy a book, let alone read it. The propaganda that being spread everywhere was that the country was stabbed in the back. France who was occupying the Alsace Lorraine district of Germany was controlling the German people there through crufews and several were reported being shot because they ventured out.  The Comunists were beating up average citizens like these Antifa people were doing to the President Trump supporters and to top it off Hitler staged a fire at the seat of Government and blamed it on the Jews.

The world was a different place and the sentiments that came from what happened in Germany were not there while he was coming to power.

almost one hundred years ago, people.

There is really no mystery to why the church is involved in politics, and why the true church tends to be Republican.  We are God's ambassadors or representatives in this world.  We are to be as salt.  Salt is a preservative, and we vote in order to try to slow down the progression of evil.  We vote to stand up for unborn babies, traditional marriage, and other things that God would have us stand for.  

Yes, I absolutely believe the Democratic Party is evil.  I have told people many times that it is Satan's political party in America.  I am not claiming the GOP is God's party, but the Democratic Party is completely at odds with God on almost everything,  even down to the way they go about trying to help the poor.  God's method is the cheerful giving of alms as God lays it on our heart, and as we give, we accumulate treasures in heaven.  Democrats promote class envy, and taking from the wealthy to give to the poor.  They promote violating God's commandment not to covet our neighbor's possessions.  Heaven forbid they simply give of their own money.  Instead, they pass tax laws to take from others.  While I don't agree with everything the Republicans do, I can't find anything redeeming about the Democratic Party, so I am involved in politics to be as salt, preserving things as best I can, and holding back evil as much as is possible until Christ comes and fully restores God's order.  He told us to occupy or make busy till he comes, and being salt is part of our job.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

But the same forces influence both politics and religion.

No they don't. Politics is the realm of power and posturing. Religion is about influence and seduction. That is why I don't call Christianity a religion. It is not the dogma of spiritualism and opinion. It Is about a living breathing God.

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm not speaking from what one would do, but from what one 'ought' to do. 

You started this thread asking questions, we answer, and now you get kind of punchy?

No I have grown weary of people who use the reality of today to judge the reality of the past. Do you know how many times I have set in front of atheists who use today's sensitivities to judge the actions of Israel when they cleared the promised land out, when it was standard at that time in history to do far worse to those of conquered people.  Human sacrifices to Gods. not withstanding..

14 minutes ago, Butero said:

There is really no mystery to why the church is involved in politics, and why the true church tends to be Republican.  We are God's ambassadors or representatives in this world.  We are to be as salt.  Salt is a preservative, and we vote in order to try to slow down the progression of evil.  We vote to stand up for unborn babies, traditional marriage, and other things that God would have us stand for.  

Yes, I absolutely believe the Democratic Party is evil.  I have told people many times that it is Satan's political party in America.  I am not claiming the GOP is God's party, but the Democratic Party is completely at odds with God on almost everything,  even down to the way they go about trying to help the poor.  God's method is the cheerful giving of alms as God lays it on our heart, and as we give, we accumulate treasures in heaven.  Democrats promote class envy, and taking from the wealthy to give to the poor.  They promote violating God's commandment not to covet our neighbor's possessions.  Heaven forbid they simply give of their own money.  Instead, they pass tax laws to take from others.  While I don't agree with everything the Republicans do, I can't find anything redeeming about the Democratic Party, so I am involved in politics to be as salt, preserving things as best I can, and holding back evil as much as is possible until Christ comes and fully restores God's order.  He told us to occupy or make busy till he comes, and being salt is part of our job.

The Democratic party is not at odds with God. It has set itself up as the champion of that which the Republican party is not. They have carved out their little sphere of influence with those they play lip service to in order to get their votes. They don't care about any of whom they promote or they would have done something about them ages ago.  They use these people as the Republican party uses the evangelicals as political footballs to agitate ever four years so that we can place them in the only institution that produces absolutely nothing and gets paid for it.

1 minute ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

No I have grown weary of people who use the reality of today to judge the reality of the past. Do you know how many times I have set in front of atheists who use today's sensitivities to judge the actions of Israel when they cleared the promised land out, when it was standard at that time in history to do far worse to those of conquered people.  Human sacrifices to Gods. not withstanding..

Atheists do like to do that, but their argument makes no logical sense.  They are coming from the point of view that if the God of the Bible would order such things to be done, he can't be real.  They will say things like "a loving God would never do that."  The mistake they are making is not recognizing there is more to God than love.  They are also making the mistake of believing that God must fit into their mold to be real.  God is who he is.  Just common sense would dictate that God could be angry and hateful.  I am not suggesting that is the case, but my point is there is no reason to think that our creator must be any particular way.  I have never understood people that say things like, "I can't believe in a God that would..."  What kind of sense does that make?  

There is no logical explanation to how we got here except for God.  The only possible answer I can come up with as to how something could seemingly come about from nothing is if time itself is a creation for our benefit.  That is how God could be eternal.  He wouldn't have to have a beginning.  On the other hand, those who believe in evolution have no answer to how the original material in space came into being that led to the big bang.  Why do I believe the God of the Bible is the true and living God?  I have read the Bible, and it makes sense.  It tells us where we came from, where we are and where we are heading.  Even the Jewish people show us the reality of the God of the Bible.  They only exist because God called a man named Abraham and made a nation of his children through Isaac.  We know Israel existed as a nation, and that the Jewish people miraculously came out of Egyptian bondage and overthrew nations mightier than them.  King David and King Solomon are historical figures.   I honestly don't know how people cannot believe in the God of the Bible.  I can understand God haters and those who don't want to believe, but to truly be an atheist is foolishness to me.  

3 minutes ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

The Democratic party is not at odds with God. It has set itself up as the champion of that which the Republican party is not. They have carved out their little sphere of influence with those they play lip service to in order to get their votes. They don't care about any of whom they promote or they would have done something about them ages ago.  They use these people as the Republican party uses the evangelicals as political footballs to agitate ever four years so that we can place them in the only institution that produces absolutely nothing and gets paid for it.

I don't care what the reason is for their positions.  The Democratic Party is at odds with God.  Their platform promotes abortion and gay marriage.  They promote envy of those who have more than them.  That is evil.  Yes, the leaders may only do that for votes.  They may not care about any of those things, but that is what they promote and vote for when they are in power.  For that reason, voting does matter, and not only will I continue to vote and be political, I will continue to work within the Republican Party for how ever long the Lord sees fit.  I see that as the best hope for preserving this nation till Jesus returns.  I also believe it is Biblical to do so.  I see it as my duty to God to be salt in this world, and that is one way to do it.  You may not agree, but that is where I am coming from.  You wanted to understand the connection between religion and politics, so I am trying to tell you.  I don't care about arguing the point, because I am not going to be persuaded, and I doubt you will be either.  

5 hours ago, Butero said:

Atheists do like to do that, but their argument makes no logical sense.  They are coming from the point of view that if the God of the Bible would order such things to be done, he can't be real.  They will say things like "a loving God would never do that."  The mistake they are making is not recognizing there is more to God than love.  They are also making the mistake of believing that God must fit into their mold to be real.  God is who he is.  Just common sense would dictate that God could be angry and hateful.  I am not suggesting that is the case, but my point is there is no reason to think that our creator must be any particular way.  I have never understood people that say things like, "I can't believe in a God that would..."  What kind of sense does that make?  

There is no logical explanation to how we got here except for God.  The only possible answer I can come up with as to how something could seemingly come about from nothing is if time itself is a creation for our benefit.  That is how God could be eternal.  He wouldn't have to have a beginning.  On the other hand, those who believe in evolution have no answer to how the original material in space came into being that led to the big bang.  Why do I believe the God of the Bible is the true and living God?  I have read the Bible, and it makes sense.  It tells us where we came from, where we are and where we are heading.  Even the Jewish people show us the reality of the God of the Bible.  They only exist because God called a man named Abraham and made a nation of his children through Isaac.  We know Israel existed as a nation, and that the Jewish people miraculously came out of Egyptian bondage and overthrew nations mightier than them.  King David and King Solomon are historical figures.   I honestly don't know how people cannot believe in the God of the Bible.  I can understand God haters and those who don't want to believe, but to truly be an atheist is foolishness to me.  

What is at the root of any atheists argument about God is that he is nothing  and has no authority, so they can use their ideals of morality against him.  It's like they think he is someones Uncle, instead of God. and all the connotations that being the creator of the world encompasss.

5 hours ago, Butero said:

I don't care what the reason is for their positions.  The Democratic Party is at odds with God.  Their platform promotes abortion and gay marriage.  They promote envy of those who have more than them.  That is evil.  Yes, the leaders may only do that for votes.  They may not care about any of those things, but that is what they promote and vote for when they are in power.  For that reason, voting does matter, and not only will I continue to vote and be political, I will continue to work within the Republican Party for how ever long the Lord sees fit.  I see that as the best hope for preserving this nation till Jesus returns.  I also believe it is Biblical to do so.  I see it as my duty to God to be salt in this world, and that is one way to do it.  You may not agree, but that is where I am coming from.  You wanted to understand the connection between religion and politics, so I am trying to tell you.  I don't care about arguing the point, because I am not going to be persuaded, and I doubt you will be either.  

They are not at odds with God. They are at odds with man himself since what they propose is not sustainable. It is in every way a depletion of every facility of society that will allow any society to prosper and thrive.  Man's society, not Gods. God's society is beyond this world  and those who wish to attend that society need to understand that,  The Christian Church was set up to save souls out of this world not to police it up as if those within it dob't have a choice in in matter and they need to be able to make that choice.

Those that are addicted to this world are the ones that are entrenched in the battle to save it for the glory of their own ideology because they can't see anything beyond this place. We, as Christians are responcible for our own actions and not the actions of other and if we take our eye off the ball we will be just as vulnerable to the excesses of this world as those who reject Christ. Temptation is all around us and the pull of political activism is a danger of pushing us to act in a manner that does not reflect Christianity.

The indulgences of the Democratic party can't be countered by holding signs and in front of their faces and screaming at them at the top of their lungs. It is through Gods glory and the power of the Holy Spirit that we can reach out to them. Anything else will just be us as human beings following the same pattern of activity that they have  embraced . How do we stand out enough to show the light of Jesus Christ to the world if our actions are indistinguishable from those who we oppose?

Edited by Justmemyselfandi
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

There is no one righteous......NO NOT ONE.  Not Democrat, not Republican, not Jew, not Gentile.  Not Israel, not Arabs, not America, not Russia.  There is no earthly kingdom righteous....even if any do good for a season or in some aspects, it is filthy rags to God.  And it is the LORD who raises and lowers kings and kingdoms, for His own purposes, and to judge or to bless.  If America is being judged by God it doesn't much matter what politicians and their followers do to try and thwart it, they will only be fighting against the Lord.   The only way for American or any nation to turn back the judgment of God is through repentance.......the gospel.  The church being salt and light is not through politics, it's through the gospel........and if the church has lost it's salt........well, we know what Jesus said about that.  Neither Jesus nor His followers were involved in politics.........and this is in spite of the fact that His nation was under judgment and being overrun by the heathen (Rome).  No, their ONLY concern and focus was the gospel.......to change the hearts of men, not to change the political leadership of their country (Israel).  The only hope for God to bless a nation anyhow, is through the hearts of its citizens being changed through the gospel.  Not even Paul was involved in politics, who could have reasoned like a man thinking I'm a citizen of Rome and well respected, I will try to influence Roman politics to benefit Israel......no, he spent his labours for the gospel alone.