IGNORED

How were your desired plans hindered by God's Will for you?

Becky21888

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/19/1977

But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire. Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us. (1 Thessalonians 2:17-18/KJV)

Paul wanted to come back to minister to them and to visit with them. It would have been like going home, because they had so eagerly accepted Paul and his teachings there. Satan is the author of all lies and the source of all hindrance to the gospel. Paul's own personal desire was to go to see them, but sometimes our desire is not the desire of the Lord. Satan could not have prevented Paul from going back there any time he wanted to unless God gave Satan permission to do this. Unknowing to Satan, he sometimes plays right into the hands of God. God uses for good what Satan intended for evil. If you are a Christian, Satan has to get God's permission to attack you. Our problems come to make us strong and to show us how badly we need God.

Share your testimony on a time you wanted to do something, and God stop it from happening because He had other plans for you...

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, Becky21888 said:

Share your testimony on a time you wanted to do something, and God stop it from happening because He had other plans for you...

My experience was my father taught me to love money as a kid, I did up until I was 35 about, when I gave just about everything away, I was going to invest in real estate, but after studying the bible for 14 years it just seemed to be the thing to do, Jesus said you'd either love God or love money, and you could only have one master.

Now I'm happy I found God, and even if I became the richest man in the world, it wouldn't be as good as what I have now.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/19/1977

1 hour ago, john1 said:

My experience was my father taught me to love money as a kid, I did up until I was 35 about, when I gave just about everything away, I was going to invest in real estate, but after studying the bible for 14 years it just seemed to be the thing to do, Jesus said you'd either love God or love money, and you could only have one master.

Now I'm happy I found God, and even if I became the richest man in the world, it wouldn't be as good as what I have now.

Thank you for sharing! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I realized that God is in control I am not. I gave up all control I wanted to have in my life and put God in the drivers seat. His will be done.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/10/2017 at 6:48 PM, Becky21888 said:

But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire. Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us. (1 Thessalonians 2:17-18/KJV)

Paul wanted to come back to minister to them and to visit with them. It would have been like going home, because they had so eagerly accepted Paul and his teachings there. Satan is the author of all lies and the source of all hindrance to the gospel. Paul's own personal desire was to go to see them, but sometimes our desire is not the desire of the Lord. Satan could not have prevented Paul from going back there any time he wanted to unless God gave Satan permission to do this. Unknowing to Satan, he sometimes plays right into the hands of God. God uses for good what Satan intended for evil. If you are a Christian, Satan has to get God's permission to attack you. Our problems come to make us strong and to show us how badly we need God.

Amen brother, powerful preaching.