• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Ummm........scratching my head here wondering what this has to do with the topic of this thread, or even what frienduff said....?  I guess you are not aware of how late the hour is and how badly the church is in need of waking up and warning........you're missing the signs brother.  They were gathering in the Temple and studying in the time of Jesus too.........but still the Lord saw fit to destroy it, not one stone left on another.  So don't be lulled into thinking He wouldn't do the same to His last days house......and for much the same reasons......scripture even says judgement BEGINS with His house.   We need to be sober and alert and watchful in these days, just as our Lord said....and stop thinking He thinks like we do, and fear Him.

I will rejoice! For God blesses me, and I am ever so grateful. I'll oh so happily settle for my ignorance and total dependence upon the reveal of Jesus to me by the Holy Spirit that brought about my repentance from my sin against God the father, and the redemption  of me by  the atonement that has made me acceptable to God the Father. 

I do pray for all to also find such awesome unlimited joy and security and confidence in Christ Jesus sufficiency by His willing sacrifice made at the cross in His blood that each  may live, and live eternity to come in the presence of Him, His Father, and God the Holy Spirit.

Sorry, but I want no part, none, of anyone's downer attitude that finds no good in any  body of Christ Jesus, especially as accompanied with it's resulting inability to tolerate the companionship of brothers and sisters in Christ at a local body of Christ Jesus. To me that is hell now, in the flesh.

I  pray that everyone suffering this plague of denying the joy of Jesus' church will soon turn about  to ask God the Holy Spirit to lead them to a local gathering of saints where they will become blessed in the living association with  people gathered in the presence of the Holy Spirit as they pray, read, sing, think, and fellowship together, lifting one another in praises to God the Father and salvation to Him through Jesus who is God. Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

I will rejoice! For God blesses me, and I am ever so grateful. I'll oh so happily settle for my ignorance and total dependence upon the reveal of Jesus to me by the Holy Spirit that brought about my repentance from my sin against God the father, and the redemption  of me by  the atonement that has made me acceptable to God the Father. 

I do pray for all to also find such awesome unlimited joy and security and confidence in Christ Jesus sufficiency by His willing sacrifice made at the cross in His blood that each  may live, and live eternity to come in the presence of Him, His Father, and God the Holy Spirit.

Sorry, but I want no part, none, of anyone's downer attitude that finds no good in any  body of Christ Jesus, especially as accompanied with it's resulting inability to tolerate the companionship of brothers and sisters in Christ at a local body of Christ Jesus. To me that is hell now, in the flesh.

I  pray that everyone suffering this plague of denying the joy of Jesus' church will soon turn about  to ask God the Holy Spirit to lead them to a local gathering of saints where they will become blessed in the living association with  people gathered in the presence of the Holy Spirit as they pray, read, sing, think, and fellowship together, lifting one another in praises to God the Father and salvation to Him through Jesus who is God. Amen.

There are things that are not easy to hear, I know they can be hard to bear..........but rather than going by our feelings and how anything makes us feel, or making any assumptions........I would encourage us all to bring these things to the Lord, and ask Him for HIS guidance and understanding.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

27 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

There are things that are not easy to hear, I know they can be hard to bear..........but rather than going by our feelings and how anything makes us feel, or making any assumptions........I would encourage us all to bring these things to the Lord, and ask Him for HIS guidance and understanding.

That's what I have encouraged all along, to anyone and everyone that cannot seem to find fellowship among the saints in Christ Jesus.  Evidently it is hard to hear by some salesmen of gloom and doom that all is well with many saints all over the world and especially those so  privileged as to be home based in America.

God has blessed us at the USA for sure!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

That is a true statement. He was talking about the seed of Abraham being the Jewish Nation. If we bring this now up to date all nations are blessed because of Christ atonement for all who would believe, and they are blessed all who believe. You must understand that. It does not apply to those that still love the darkness

Actually the seed of Abraham that the jews and all nations would be blessed from .   Paul a jew explained quite well.

and in THY SEED as in one as IN CHRIST .  yes the gospel was preached before in Abraham and it pointed to no other but CHRIST .  that Is the blessing .   That alone.

Be blessed mike.  and yes, PRAISE the LORD.

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

That's what I have encouraged all along, to anyone and everyone that cannot seem to find fellowship among the saints in Christ Jesus.  Evidently it is hard to hear by some salesmen of gloom and doom that all is well with many saints all over the world and especially those so  privileged as to be home based in America.

Lets compare what JESUS called a BLESSING .     BLESSED are YOU, WHEN you are PERSECUTED.  

Blessed are YOU when men shall speak evil of you , for so did they unto the true prophets

Woe unto you when men shall speak well of you, for so did they unto the false ones

Blessed are the poor for they shall inherit the kingdom of heaven

WOE unto you that are RICH  .............

OOOPS......................WHY we think it says GOD chastens us for our own welfare , WHY

you think it says so we are made partakers of HIS HOLINESS.    Yall been sitting under the wrong men teaching the wrong concepts.

Many favor the things that be of men and not OF GOD.    Those overseas who are getting persecuted and hammered for the faith .........THEY the blessed ones.

and yes , I know those of us who TRULY are in Christ are blessed in times of peace too.    BUT ,   we need to get the mindset

that in this world YE SHALL have tribulation and that our PEACE will be IN HIM alone no matter how hated and persecuted we are .

Cause many a christain under the promise of hilter saw him as a good man who promised them PROSPERITY and HE DELIVERED IT TOO.

but too little too late HIS UGLY SHOWED and men learned real fast WHY it is written <CURSED be the man whose hope and trust is in MAN. 

• This is Worthy 1

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Well be prepared to COUNT IT ALL JOY when the hammer falls and we persecuted.

I think we need to examine where OUR JOY really comes from.   Cause I got joy no matter what comes against me or will.

I have JOY because I have his salvation .  And my joy will not fade one ounce in any suffering .   I will SING even in prison , just as the true ones did.

MY joy has nothing to do with my circumstances nor what is or does come against me   .  ITS IN CHRIST ALONE

I don't need no sermons on joy of the world and its peace .   I have mine and it will never fade no matter WHEN I lose everything in this world

and IT will even increase even in the darkest hour.   JOY of JESUS and OF ALL HIS SAYINGS and not mens that often twist them.    Find that kind of joy and peace neighbor.

• Praise God! 1

Hi,

I SIT UNDER NO ONE, BUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR I BOW A KNEE BEFORE.  Bowing a knee before him  honoring Him as the Lord of my shame has freed me from all the concerns  of the oh so unhappy merchants of gloom and doom.

The doomsayer merchant can take my portion, of their worry that they try  to serve up, unto their self. I have no need and certainly no desire for any of it. Such an unhappy merchant may revel in it, even suck on lemon twists with it for an extra sense of foreboding, I do not care a wit for any of it.

Praise God the Father! Praise God the Holy Spirit! Praise God the Son! For  I am freed to serve them as a bond-servant Of Christ Jesus, and to find fellowship with so many awesome saints  all born again, and gathering to honor God in worship, and in work, and in play; doing  all things  in a manner that shows trust in the security Jesus has made for all that believe on Him.

There is no need for worry about this flesh,  this world, this day. There is but joy in all things for God has made it so, through salvation in Christ Jesus name. Maranatha!

JESUS SAVES!

Edited by Neighbor

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

frienduffthaylorde,

May I offer a bit of my personal testimony?

I too was having problems similar to yours finding a Bible believing, God loving Church who preached nothing but the Gospel. 

Just a bit of a back story: For decades I was living for the lusts and desires of my flesh and depending on 'things' to make me happy. But deep inside for a long time I knew something was missing, and I had no actual and continued joy in my life. For a few weeks prior to what I'm about to tell you, I felt something powerful working on me, it was eating me up inside. There are a number of things I could tell you that were out of character touching me, but for brevity I'll skip to the point.

One day just a little over a year ago, suddenly, unexpectedly and out of nowhere, I had what I might call a spiritual breakdown. I broke down so hard and burst into uncontrollable sorrow and tears like never before. I was a hard man and seldom even cried except for the loss of my parents and brother. I got down on my knees not even able to focus because of all the tears, and begged the Lord for forgiveness and accept me back into His family and heal me. 

I was an alcoholic for decades drinking beer always to the excess, affecting my life, my loved ones and everyone I knew. Among other things, I asked the Lord to take away my addiction and taste for beer. Immediately, he granted my prayer. For over a year now I have not touched any alcohol, I have no desire to do so, I had absolutely no side effects or withdraws... All honor, praise and glory to our most loving and gracious Lord!

One of the things I asked the Lord during this time was to lead me to a Bible believing Church He would have me go to. Remember me mentioning above that the Holy Spirit I now know was working on me prior to my repentance and spiritual breakdown? For a number of weeks, each and every time when I drove by one of our local churches, a little voice in my head was telling me I need to stop and attend a service there. Long story short, I finally did, and not long ago was baptized and became a member of the church. It's such a blessing and the Lord again answered my prayer. 

I never identified myself with any particular denomination other than believing God's Word the Bible, and a relationship with Jesus Christ who did everything for me. I found attending my Baptist Church for about a year, they believe exactly and identical to what scripture says and what I believe. So the identification of being Baptist is sort of secondary to me. I can't adequately describe the feeling that comes from attending church with like believers who love the Lord, the fellowship and love between fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and the common goal and duty to love our Lord and serve Him. 

The Baptist Church is no different than any other denominational Christian church. I've read and heard Satan is penetrating them also and at some of the Baptist conventions they are trying to introduce things that make my stomach sick and are an abomination to God. But there are still independent churches out there that won't waver one iota from the Word of God, and I'm fortunate enough God granted me and directed me to this church. 

The Lord will happily answer your prayer also, if you will humbly and earnestly take it to Him in prayer and listen carefully for His response. I've learned the hard way I can do nothing on my own, and try to depend on our Lord more and more each passing day.

God bless you and ask Him for the help we all need. 

• This is Worthy 1

16 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Neighbour, you just look prayerfully again at the words of Jesus concerning the last days, brother, and what the apostles wrote.......because we need to be strengthened to bear these times and to not be deceived.  It's not business as usual any more.......things are wrapping up quite quickly......and strength we do need, to be prepared for what is coming and even now is here.  The issue of fellowship is not the main issue at all....AT ALL.........when I complained to the Lord about the lack of fellowship in my life, He answered me right from scripture, "When I called Abraham I called him alone."  You just look to Jesus, keep your eyes on Him and not on what others are doing...........HE is the Shepherd of our soul and we just follow wherever He leads.......just like He called Abraham outside the camp of his people to follow Him.....the city we are looking for is not an earthly city or camp or church.

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

frienduffthaylorde,

May I offer a bit of my personal testimony?

I too was having problems similar to yours finding a Bible believing, God loving Church who preached nothing but the Gospel. 

Just a bit of a back story: For decades I was living for the lusts and desires of my flesh and depending on 'things' to make me happy. But deep inside for a long time I knew something was missing, and I had no actual and continued joy in my life. For a few weeks prior to what I'm about to tell you, I felt something powerful working on me, it was eating me up inside. There are a number of things I could tell you that were out of character touching me, but for brevity I'll skip to the point.

One day just a little over a year ago, suddenly, unexpectedly and out of nowhere, I had what I might call a spiritual breakdown. I broke down so hard and burst into uncontrollable sorrow and tears like never before. I was a hard man and seldom even cried except for the loss of my parents and brother. I got down on my knees not even able to focus because of all the tears, and begged the Lord for forgiveness and accept me back into His family and heal me. 

I was an alcoholic for decades drinking beer always to the excess, affecting my life, my loved ones and everyone I knew. Among other things, I asked the Lord to take away my addiction and taste for beer. Immediately, he granted my prayer. For over a year now I have not touched any alcohol, I have no desire to do so, I had absolutely no side effects or withdraws... All honor, praise and glory to our most loving and gracious Lord!

One of the things I asked the Lord during this time was to lead me to a Bible believing Church He would have me go to. Remember me mentioning above that the Holy Spirit I now know was working on me prior to my repentance and spiritual breakdown? For a number of weeks, each and every time when I drove by one of our local churches, a little voice in my head was telling me I need to stop and attend a service there. Long story short, I finally did, and not long ago was baptized and became a member of the church. It's such a blessing and the Lord again answered my prayer. 

I never identified myself with any particular denomination other than believing God's Word the Bible, and a relationship with Jesus Christ who did everything for me. I found attending my Baptist Church for about a year, they believe exactly and identical to what scripture says and what I believe. So the identification of being Baptist is sort of secondary to me. I can't adequately describe the feeling that comes from attending church with like believers who love the Lord, the fellowship and love between fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and the common goal and duty to love our Lord and serve Him. 

The Baptist Church is no different than any other denominational Christian church. I've read and heard Satan is penetrating them also and at some of the Baptist conventions they are trying to introduce things that make my stomach sick and are an abomination to God. But there are still independent churches out there that won't waver one iota from the Word of God, and I'm fortunate enough God granted me and directed me to this church. 

The Lord will happily answer your prayer also, if you will humbly and earnestly take it to Him in prayer and listen carefully for His response. I've learned the hard way I can do nothing on my own, and try to depend on our Lord more and more each passing day.

God bless you and ask Him for the help we all need. 

Bless you Denis........I rejoice with you in your testimony of what the Lord has done in your life, He is so gracious and merciful, and I love to hear testimonies of His saving and delivering power!  \o/   He has led you to a church fellowship for now, to help you get established in the faith and in the word of God, or whatever other purposes of His............but just do not, do not, do not, ever let your church or pastor or fellow believers take precedence over the Lord.......there may come a day when He asks you to lay these down for Him, should it become necessary.  The Lord led me out of my last church because it had fallen into serious error and I sought Him for years to find me another church, because He had always led me before and I couldn't understand why i couldn't find another church.......but instead of bringing me to another church, He began to speak and give me understanding of how it is in the last days with the church falling away, and how I needed to just follow and trust Him even if He led me alone out to the middle of a dry and deserted no-man's land. 

• Thumbs Up 1