IGNORED

Counting people, trusting in people

DAVID COUNTS ISRAEL

The king said...“Go...through all the tribes of Israel...and register the people, that I may know the number...” (2Sam 24:2, NASB)

BUT WHY?

But Joab said...why does my lord the king delight in this thing?” (2Sam 24:3, NASB)

...the number...of the people...men who drew the sword... (2Sam 24:9, NASB)

HIS HEART KNEW HE HAD SINNED AGAINST GOD

...David’s heart troubled him after he had numbered the people. So David said to the LORD, “I have sinned greatly in what I have done...I have acted very foolishly.” (2Sam 24:10, NASB)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I don't know that the sin against God was in trusting people, as much as it might have been in being suckered by Satan into counting one's assets instead of trusting in God to provide the way of survival for himself, and also of his people.

David may have taken  some pride in the reassuring number of people totaled up,  and also suffered that sin (Pride) too. For God has always used the foolish things to confound the wise. God has made it known that it is  He God that has made the security and not any  man. He has deliberately used strange tactics in war to show He is sovereign,  it His Glory that is to be praised, and it is He that is to be served.

So the source of our security too, should be God and not on finding the total of our personal assets.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I don't know that the sin against God was in trusting people, as much as it might have been in being suckered by Satan into counting one's assets instead of trusting in God to provide the way of survival for himself, and also of his people.

David may have taken  some pride in the reassuring number of people totaled up,  and also suffered that sin (Pride) too. For God has always used the foolish things to confound the wise. God has made it known that it is  He God that has made the security and not any  man. He has deliberately used strange tactics in war to show He is sovereign,  it His Glory that is to be praised, and it is He that is to be served.

So the source of our security too, should be God and not on finding the total of our personal assets.

I don't know that the sin against God was in trusting people

OH but it was.    But trusting in one assets is also trusting in self .    David thanksfully was convicted by the HOLY GHOST and repented.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God can be trusted 100%. Humans not so much.

• This is Worthy 1

24 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

God can be trusted 100%. Humans not so much.

man that needs multiple WORTHIES.   man can fail , BUT NOT GOD.   Test all men , women and all that breathes air and speaks against GODS already spoken words.

NO man is infallible. NO MAN.    Now lets go test them leaders in all places of worship.   TRUST Only GOD.  HE will never fail.  ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD to err.   IMPOSSIBLE.

and that is a fact.  But all men, even the ones He uses are capable of error.  TEST THEM ALL and never stop testing .   ever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

30 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

man that needs multiple WORTHIES.   man can fail , BUT NOT GOD.   Test all men , women and all that breathes air and speaks against GODS already spoken words.

NO man is infallible. NO MAN.    Now lets go test them leaders in all places of worship.   TRUST Only GOD.  HE will never fail.  ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD to err.   IMPOSSIBLE.

and that is a fact.  But all men, even the ones He uses are capable of error.  TEST THEM ALL and never stop testing .   ever.

Trust no one. And I am referring to human beings.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Trust no one. And I am referring to human beings.

You be blessed dear sister.    We will keep exhorting one another and pointing to Christ .   and keep testing all.  Be blessed .  

This too is why we keep on exhorting with truth , pointing to Christ alone .   For everyone is capable of error. and if they are in error , we must do all

to expound them holy scrips and keep warning and encouraging .