My Son Came Out As A Homosexual

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi y'all... I'm very heartbroken right now. 

My son just told me he is attracted to men. I'm still crying and I don't know what to do, I feel like the world is collapsing on me. Why would God curse me like this... it's not fair. What lesson is he trying to teach me. Please help it feels like the world is ending and I have no power to stop it. x 

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Will be praying for you in this tough situation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, JesusMySaviourAndLord said:

My son just told me he is attracted to men. I'm still crying and I don't know what to do, I feel like the world is collapsing on me. Why would God curse me like this... it's not fair. What lesson is he trying to teach me. Please help it feels like the world is ending and I have no power to stop it. x 

Has your son had any exposure to Jesus Christ in his life? All you can do is give your son to Jesus Christ. Pray for him often. I am sorry. This must be heartbreaking. God will comfort you in this if you let Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

The main thing he needs to know is that being gay is a sin, and that God loves sinners so much that He asked Jesus to come and die for the forgiveness of their sins while they are still sinners.  God slowly changes our desires after we repent and turn to Jesus.  He gives us the Holy Spirit to give us the power to serve Him.  

If he is sick of the lifestyle, God will have mercy on him.  As long as he denies Jesus He will allow him to go his own way till he is tired of eating slop with the pigs.  (the parable of the prodigal son)

God may be trying to teach us that we were no better than your son before we were saved.  Yes it is an abomination.  But so was my self righteousness.  There but for the grace of God go I.  

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, JesusMySaviourAndLord said:

Sorry to have to say this but its Definitely not God's fault and He is not trying to teach you anything because of your sons life choices. Your sons a free moral agent and is free to chose as we all are.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,174
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

6 hours ago, JesusMySaviourAndLord said:

Hi y'all... I'm very heartbroken right now

Hello and Welcome JesusMySaviorAndLord;

Give your concerns to the Lord in prayer and trust in Him regardless of the circumstances in front of you. As you continue to keep in prayer with God on a daily basis, He will guide you .

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

God has taken many of us from the depths of drugs, witchcraft and sexual aberrations.

This is well said and quite true We ALL are sinners in need of the Great Physician

Matthew 9:12

11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 12On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”…

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

Continue praying, do not lose hope

This is the best advice.

Yes prayer changes many things. Bring all your concerns to god through his only begotten Son Christ Jesus. Your prayers are between you and God. He can do what man cannot.

Matthew 19:26
25When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible"

Along with that: don't stop loving your son and showing him that you love him. Never stop showing him that you love him.

Remember the story of the prodigal son and how even though it pained the father, the father let his son go about and make his bad choices, but was there to welcome his son back with open arms.

Personal story:

When I was a young teenager of about 13/14 years , I met a boy who was around 16 years, I had just lost my father and his parents had recently divorced. The mother now had remarried to a richer man and the father had found another woman who lived with the father.

This friend of mine had a lot of issues it seemed with his own father, somehow our mutual pain led us together as friends, however we did not see each other so frequently as my friend lived a distance from me.

In any event, one christmas, he revealed to me that he was attracted to boys as much as girls if not more? we later met and exchanged Christmas presents and he said to me that if he was still gay by the age of 18 that he would kill himself. I did not take him seriously at the time and forgot about it, then one summers day, I bumped into one of his friends and asked about him and he said have you not heard? Clifford killed himself in his mothers car, in her garage, by carbon monoxide poisoning at his mothers place on his 18th birthday.  I was so, so sad when i heard the news. Why? why? why? he was so talented, so smart, had so much life in him...

This friends death has effected my whole life as his death could have very much been avoided. I still have the bottle of perfume he gave me that Christmas year.

I don't know how old your son is, but, I know that people who struggle with this are also troubled within. It important to show them love even though you may not approve of what they are doing.  Prayer can do so much. Pray silently for your son in your heart and show him care and love with how you choose your words to him.

Sometimes people need to fall before they can get up again. By giving your son the freedom to be, and keep praying for him, and just loving him,he may find his way back. The thing is when parents force an issue to strongly, a teenager or young adult can start bucking.

I can only stress that praying to God about this situation is an effective tool against the enemy.

Place your all in the Lord and he will direct your path.

Trust in the Lord

Proverbs 3:6

5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. 7Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.…

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I'd recommend looking up John Piper's and Shawn McDowell's teachings on the subject. And pray continually. Let your son know you and God both love him unconditionally despite this, even though you cannot and will not condone it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, JesusMySaviourAndLord said:

Hi, Sorry for your heartbreak.

I pray for God's protection over your son, may many angels  protect him.