• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/12/2017 at 7:10 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

HERES a true saying.  ONCE saved ALWAYS saved so long as you continue in the one who DOES SAVE.    

FOR I walk don't END the day we COME , IT BEGINS and WHO we follow IS WHERE WE END UP.

NOW obey grace, obey HIS SPIRIT for it is he in us who is working is us that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT.  a hint SIN AINT

so don't follow the flesh , FOLLOW the SPIRIT .  For truly we are the servants of whom we obey.  

So friend, once saved has a condition?  If I don't meet the condition,  what happens? 
2Ti_1:12  I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

So friend, once saved has a condition?  If I don't meet the condition,  what happens? 
2Ti_1:12  I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

It has THIS CONDITION.  If we cease heeding HIS SPIRIT and don't continue Following HIM ,   tell me , WHERE does that person end up.

A hint.   not eternal life .

I too am fully persuaded That HE is able to keep our heart in line, but we better HEED them unctions  or watch out.

This is why we correct any err members.  We also have to get grounded in the whole of the scrips.

That would include All OF what paul wrote , peter wrote .  not just certain phrases and then take them out of text to serve another teaching .

Some are terrified of other parts of things paul or peter wrote, OR JESUS said and others wrote.  So they wont bring those scrips into the whole of the picture.

A hint.  IF our understanding of a few scrips that teachers brought us , blantently contradict other places ,    WELL then that is the wisdom of men trying to

justify mans carnal teaching .      If we have to go around places , where it specificially says were MADE partakers of the HOLY GHOST and THEN FELLL away

or if we have to try and persuade ourselves this must or cant be possible.  WELL,  whose changing scripture ,  a hint.  THOSE WHO DO THIS

I have no fear of any part of what is written.   IF we cant include it all, well we better start over Till we can include all them sayings and writings

and not just certain parts , taken out of text to justify a osas doctrine.     No doubt we are saved by grace alone .   But here is what they wont tell ya

Be LOOKING diligently CHURCH , lest any man FAIL OF the grace of GOD.    Yep , we must follow HIM UNTO THE END.   

Let the warners and encourages keep on with the mission of pointing ONLY to JESUS and warning all and encouraging all YA BETTER remain in HIM

YOU better heed the SPIRIT and not the flesh.      OSASslawcitowds.     how bout that .   ONCE saved always saved so long as we continue in the one who does save.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/14/2017 at 1:04 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

ONCE saved always saved so long as we continue in the one who does save.

"So long as we continue", is impossible. But, in Christ, all things are possible. He is faithful, His promises (below) are true.

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God.

John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

********************************************************************************************************
Jude 1:24 - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
*****************************************************************************************************

2 Corinthians 1:22 - Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

John 10:28-29  and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

John 10:27-29  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Rom 11:29  For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance .

2 Corinthians 1:22   And who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

1 John 5:13  I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:10-13   Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Romans 8:34  Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.

Hebrews 10:14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Romans 8:28-31    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

John 6:47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

Hebrews 13:5   Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Psalm 34:22   The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

Ephesians 1:13-14   In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Hebrews 7:25   Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

2 Corinthians 5:5   He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

1 Peter 1:4-5    To an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Corinthians 1:8   Who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:38-39    And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

2 Timothy 4:18    The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24   Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

John 14:15-16   “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

John 6:39   And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.

John 4:14    But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

1 John 5:4   For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

1 John 2:19   They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

Ephesians 2:19   So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

2 Thessalonians 3:3   But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

1 Corinthians 1:8-9    Who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 6:50-71 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.   AMEN!

Just a few verses up there  Friend. I respect your belief/understanding of scripture, concerning the security of your belief in Jesus. I also believed the same way coming out of the catholic church. It took many friends showing me scripture, and the Holy Spirit, to see the truth I now see. I knew I never could hold fast to all I wanted/needed to do as a faithful believer. How could I possibly endure to the end.  But then I was shown and I finally realized, it was not me holding fast to Jesus, but the Almighty Creator of the Universe, Jesus the Christ, holding faithfully to me.  A beggar. God is Light, and all scripture is true. Working, trying  to maintain a perfect obedience to His word, was a fearful, anxiety filled existence, dreading having crossed some spiritual line, and possibly unknowingly lost my salvation. Where was that line? Or, was there something God could not overcome? (I am in Christ)  God is merciful! 
It's no more I gotta do to be saved.    Now, it's I wanna do, because I AM SAVED.  Huge difference.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

"So long as we continue", is impossible. But, in Christ, all things are possible. He is faithful, His promises (below) are true.

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God.

John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

********************************************************************************************************
Jude 1:24 - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
*****************************************************************************************************

2 Corinthians 1:22 - Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

John 10:28-29  and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

John 10:27-29  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Rom 11:29  For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance .

2 Corinthians 1:22   And who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

1 John 5:13  I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:10-13   Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Romans 8:34  Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.

Hebrews 10:14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Romans 8:28-31    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

John 6:47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

Hebrews 13:5   Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Psalm 34:22   The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

Ephesians 1:13-14   In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Hebrews 7:25   Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

2 Corinthians 5:5   He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

1 Peter 1:4-5    To an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Corinthians 1:8   Who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:38-39    And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

2 Timothy 4:18    The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24   Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

John 14:15-16   “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

John 6:39   And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.

John 4:14    But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

1 John 5:4   For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

1 John 2:19   They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

Ephesians 2:19   So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

2 Thessalonians 3:3   But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

1 Corinthians 1:8-9    Who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 6:50-71 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.   AMEN!

Just a few verses up there  Friend. I respect your belief/understanding of scripture, concerning the security of your belief in Jesus. I also believed the same way coming out of the catholic church. It took many friends showing me scripture, and the Holy Spirit, to see the truth I now see. I knew I never could hold fast to all I wanted/needed to do as a faithful believer. How could I possibly endure to the end.  But then I was shown and I finally realized, it was not me holding fast to Jesus, but the Almighty Creator of the Universe, Jesus the Christ, holding faithfully to me.  A beggar. God is Light, and all scripture is true. Working, trying  to maintain a perfect obedience to His word, was a fearful, anxiety filled existence, dreading having crossed some spiritual line, and possibly unknowingly lost my salvation. Where was that line? Or, was there something God could not overcome? (I am in Christ)  God is merciful! 
It's no more I gotta do to be saved.    Now, it's I wanna do, because I AM SAVED.  Huge difference.

WE should always want to do.  it comes from the Spirit.  but the flesh will always be their to try and oppose.   thus obey the Spirit , not the flesh.

Many fall away.  its sad , we do all to try and correct , but some will  refuse it.    the early church knew men could fall away.

IF we read where paul said that , he said also EVEN as this is meet for me to do.  HE had hope they would.  and if we obey the one WHOSE SPIRIT is in us

we would never fall.   for He works in us that which is well pleasing in HIS SIGHT.   our duty IS to continue in Him.   and gary,    his desire is for us not against us.

But when any refuses the unctions of the Spirit , but follows the flesh,  that one has got to be corrected.

Brethren , Believes,   IF ANY of you does ERR from the truth,   cause yeah that can happen,   Ye who correct the sinner from the error of his ways

has saved a Soul from D  E  A  T  H .    The die daily is daily and if any errs they must be corrected lightning fast .   Their are too many places

in romans ,   peter, Hebrews , galations , and other places that speak contrary to what osas teaches.  they disregaurd them .   but the thing is

we should not go around or try and reason out why these other places that speak about such things , to try and justify a belief that was later added in.

Peter gave a specific warning , and it specifically says they were MADE partakers , and they fell away.  and paul says it in Hebrews specifically too.

Not to mention how the seven churches were warned.   here lets sum it up ,   IF you don't cease the error.  YA WONT MAKE IT MESSAGE.

Time to get serious again.   time to get grave again.   We have all HOPE in CHRIST , but if any continues not in him , they are cast out.

PAUL knew it .  and lets face it , we have to at least know paul was a true preacher .  HE knew he would be cast out IF HE DID NOT keep that body under subjection.

and he also warned the BELIEVERS .............................IF you continue in HIS GOODNESS, otherwise YE shall be cast out .    OH its very dire and serious.

But remember , its not THE DESIRE of GOD that we perish and he will give us all power over the evil by the holy ghost .  WE , just obey that SPIRIT.