keyman

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

John 6:44 says No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Calvinist's believe this is saying that the Father chooses who to draw so they will get eternal life.

And it really does look like that, but I believe that interpretation conflicts with other Scriptures like 1 Timothy 2:5, 2 Peter 3:9 and John 3:16.

What do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Not many not-Christians delve into the intricacies of Calvinism, etc.  Are you a seeker, or a Christian? If you are a Christian, you have posted this in the wrong place. Look around the forums a bit, and find a place that seel appropriate for this kind of question.

Welcome, By the way!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/13/2017 at 10:31 AM, keyman said:

John 6:44 says No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Calvinist's believe this is saying that the Father chooses who to draw so they will get eternal life.

And it really does look like that, but I believe that interpretation conflicts with other Scriptures like 1 Timothy 2:5, 2 Peter 3:9 and John 3:16.

What do you guys think?

Matthew 22: KJV

14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

The verse John 6 44 is true.. Everyone who comes to the salvation is called by God ,,  God calls to us through His Word , His holy Spirit convicts many... But many resist the call because they love unrightiousness more then the Gospel which is the love of the truth...

Verse confirming that people can and do resist the conviction of the Holy Spirit..

Acts 7:KJV

51 "¶ Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."

I hope my post has helped you in your enquiory..

All Praise the Ancient of Days

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The next verse, verse 45, and Romans 10:14 explain verse 44. Unbelievers can not believe the Gospel if they have not heard that message. Once a lost person hears the message of the cross, the Holy Spirit uses that message to convince that person of the truth of God Way to save them.  Some choose to ignore the message, some choose to reject it, and others allow the Holy Spirit to use the message of the Gospel to accomplish His work in their life and to draw them to Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 1/8/2018 at 8:47 PM, john14:6 said:

The next verse, verse 45, and Romans 10:14 explain verse 44. Unbelievers can not believe the Gospel if they have not heard that message. Once a lost person hears the message of the cross, the Holy Spirit uses that message to convince that person of the truth of God Way to save them.  Some choose to ignore the message, some choose to reject it, and others allow the Holy Spirit to use the message of the Gospel to accomplish His work in their life and to draw them to Christ.

God drew me to Himself through nature.  Then the Holy Spirit convicted me of sin, righteousness and judgement. And after that I was drawn to read the Scriptures.  But He got me to the same place of salvation.  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God the Father draws us to salvation. If God did not draw us to salvation we would not come. Some come willingly and some are dragged. John 6:65 The human heart is deceitful. The Holy Spirit convicts us. Our hearts are opened to God. But unfortunately many will not open their heart to God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Yes, Willa, I understand that God works in people in different ways. God used scriptures to draw me to Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:31 PM, keyman said:

the Father chooses who to draw so they will get eternal life.

This verse is usually over looked.

Romans chapter 11 verse 32

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I am surprised the Worthy servers do not burst into flames whenever somebody mentions Calvin.

How is it that we pretend we do not see or hear of that man's historical burning and torture of so many believers that did not agree with the church. Have we no conscience today? What is wrong with us, are we so desensitized?

I have found that the Calvinistic theology is such a series of horrible half-truths, that I just cannot comprehend the kind of God that he was referring to in his writings. He really sounds schizoid in much of what he writes.   I suggest we steer clear of any hint of those ideas.