• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

We are saved by grace alone through faith alone
and because we are righteous we will do good works.
We have been justified apart from the works of the law of Moses.
So, the big question is will not obeying the law make me unrighteous?
I believe the answer is no, here's why.
There is no doubt that sin is defined as breaking God's 10 Commandments.
But we see David saying in Psalm 32, "Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity,"
Then in Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our 
transgressions from us.
Then we have John the Baptist saying in John 1:29," Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh 
away the sin of the world."
Also Hebrews 9:26 but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away 
sin by the sacrifice of himself.
So thanks to Jesus our sin is not an issue.
In 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 we see that we are New Creations, and He does not impute our sins
to us, and He makes us righteous, even the righteousness of Christ, which is perfect.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

If we do, then we are without hope. Jesus was the only man able to do so. Christians, depent on His righteousness, imparted to them as an act of God grace, when we believe by faith in Jesus virtuous life, His sacrificial life, and His resurrection from the dead.

The commandments show us how far we fall short of righteousness.

Keyman, you sound like a believer, not a seeker. The purpose of this forum, is to allow seekers ti ask questions, not really to ask ourselves questions, when we then proceed to answer.

You are knew here, so you may not have botthered yet, to read the information about the forum section. Welcome to Worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Ten Commandments were the OT laws. We are now under the law of Christ Galatians 6:2, Matthew 22:37-39. Although the 10 commandments continue to be God's expectations for today.

• Thumbs Up 2

Christ maintains our righteousness through our faith in His atoning sacrifice.. All we can do is ask GOD for forgiveness for our sins to receive the blessings that the Father has to give us.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

14 hours ago, keyman said:

Do we need to keep the 10 commandments to maintain our righteousness

No. None of us kept the 10 commandments, we all already failed at it. Only the Son of God, Jesus Christ did it.

"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all." - James 2:10

Our righteousness is inherited from Him, by faith.

"that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." - Romans 8:4

Repent, and follow Him.

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:6-7

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.
After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.
Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain;
but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. - 1 Corinthians 15:1-11

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’" - John 3:6-7

Start reading the Word of God, it will help you a lot.

"as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious." - 1 Peter 2:2-3

Blessings to you, in Jesus' name!

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

We are all sinners. No one is perfect on this earth. We try our best to be faithful to God and to do our best to obey Him but we still fail. That is why Jesus Christ died on the Cross.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus said only God is Good.  But He has given us His Holy Spirit Who leads us in the law of Love.  If we practice love we will fulfill the commandments of loving God and loving people.  It is so cool to be overflowing with His love.  Thank You Jesus, that You died to make this relationship with You possible.  Thank you that we can be adopted and know Your Daddy is our Daddy.  AMEN!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

The intent should be to observe and keep Yahweh's Commandments. No human ever manages that, but this it is not their point. They are a signpost to the Lord of Lords. Not by which He judges us, but by which He loves us. His love is perfect, ours is not. We should observe the commandment and not play loosey-goosey just because we are saved. We have to revere them. This is a word hardly used today because we want equal everything. We are very stuck-up in this regards and to be humble is seen as a weakness in our society.

The Lord sees the heart. He sees our intent. Thru Yeshua He overlooks our faults.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, keyman said:

We are saved by grace alone through faith alone....
and because we are righteous we will do good works....

:emot-heartbeat:

One Thing

For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. Romans 3:20 (English Standard Version)

Leads To Another

But now apart from the law, a righteousness of God has been revealed, being testified by the Law and the Prophets; even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ to all and upon all who believe. For there is no distinction, for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; whom God set forth whom God displayed publicly as a mercy seat, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness, because in God's forbearance he had passed over the sins previously committed; to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time, so that he would be just, and the justifier of him who has faith in Jesus.

Where then is the boasting? It is excluded. By what manner of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is not he the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since indeed there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith, and the uncircumcised through faith.

Do we then nullify the law through faith? May it never be. No, we establish the law. Romans 3:21-31 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe
~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Mark 12:30

30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’[a]This is the first commandment.[

Matthew 5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

God gives us HIS conscience by His Holy Spirit making His home in our hearts that GUIDE and HELP to lead us AWAY from sin and to deliver us from evil.

Te Holy Spirit of God is our HELPER that Christ Jesus mentioned we who choose Christ Jesus will receive.

John 16:7 Christ Jesus said:

7But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8And when He comes, He will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:…

John 15:26 Christ Jesus said:

25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated Me without reason.’ 26When the Advocate comes, whom I will send you from the Father — the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father — He will testify about Me. 27And you also must testify, because you have been with Me from the beginning.…

John 14:26 Christ Jesus said:

25All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you. 27Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.…

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1