• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, hmbld said:

I didn’t think education of foreign languages or other helped or hurt understanding scripture, rather we need the Holy Spirit to teach us. Simply reading it might be where all the strange doctrines come from, but relying on the Holy Spirit will reveal Truth if one is willing. 

what you say is true in principle, but it is not advisable to re-read the Bible more than two-three times without practicing the faith right(eously) enough - remember the decree about (the) two or three witnesses

Blessings

Edited by ytLiJC

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

The Ark and flood were literal.  So says Genesis.  So says Matthew, Luke, 1 Peter, and 2 Peter.  

The Ethiopian eunuch understood what he was reading.  His question was about whom the prophecy was speaking - Isaiah or someone else.  That was his lack of understanding.

take into consideration the fact that angels of satan (a.k.a. nephilim and "giants" - Gen 6:1-4) could not be drowned by water(dihydrogen monoxide), because they could hide in the extramundane occult realms for a long time, including for centuries and millennia, though they were human beings like all other people

it seems as if you hadn't read the passage - here it is:

Acts 8:29-31 (NASB) "the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him."

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

4 hours ago, ytLiJC said:

do you think the only hope is scripture?!, what came first, the Word that comes directly from the mouth of God, or, scripture, given that scripture is a written record of the Word that was first spoken by God?!

also, remember the parable of the sower from Matthew 13:3-23, from which it becomes clear that there could be people to not understand the verbal testimony or the written record of the word of God

yes, God has to save all humans and souls in the universe, but this doesn't mean each of them has necessarily to become and be a spiritual servant in this (cycle of) eternity, because claiming such a thing is like claiming that every subject has to become and be a president, premier, minister or another political leader - why must every national/citizen be(come) a political leader?!

but this doesn't mean that the religious worshipers don't have to practice the faith right(eously) enough, because how can we be sure that the meaning of everything God said was quite literal, especially when Scripture is full of revelations of scriptural words, expressions and prophecies that were previously mentioned (i.e. by previous Prophets/Saints)?! - an example of such a scripture is 1 Corinthians 9:9-11 that was already mentioned in a previous post

here it is evident that there is a contradiction to what you say above, because first you say that the meaning of everything written in Scripture is (quite) literal, then you say that a highly educated eunuch cannot understand what is written in Scripture because of his high education?!?! - if an eunuch is highly educated, how could he not understand the words whose meaning is quite literal, given that such a man could understand words whose meaning is figurative, let alone the simplicity of a simple message (after all, he is highly educated)?!

i agree with the idea of literal six days(144 hours) creation, because, after all, God is the system Administrator and Provider of life and He has to provide the souls with abundant and eternal life as soon as possible - billions of years of (vain) evolution would frustrate/thwart His plans - so i say you are incredible with what you say about evolution - evolution is vain, God needs no evolution

but as for the riddles, read the passage mentioned above (i.e. Matthew 13, more specifically, verses 10-13) - parables are a kind of riddles

Blessings

The Bible is to be taken literally except where it tells us otherwise. So of course there are metaphors and parables but it is clear which are, and which aren't. For example there is nothing in the Bible to suggest that the flood was a metaphor, but anything other than a literal flood.

I never said that being educated or intellectual makes one incapable of understanding scripture so I have not contradicted myself. The whole point of the eunuch story is to highlight how intellectualism can sometimes blind people to the obvious, and to show that one does not need to be highly educated to understand scripture when in fact sometimes a child has better understanding than an adult does. However, a good education should make one understand the Bible better, but unfortunately with intellectualism can sometimes come pride, and a tendency to try and make the simple complicated. We've all heard of people who can't see the wood for the trees.

I have twice highlighted the word 'sometimes' in case you accuse me of claiming that such matters are always the case!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

4 hours ago, ytLiJC said:

take into consideration the fact that angels of satan (a.k.a. nephilim and "giants" - Gen 6:1-4) could not be drowned by water(dihydrogen monoxide), because they could hide in the extramundane occult realms for a long time, including for centuries and millennia, though they were human beings like all other people

it seems as if you hadn't read the passage - here it is:

Acts 8:29-31 (NASB) "the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him."

Blessings

The nephilim and giants were living flesh, so yes they could be drowned by water.

Being half-human, half-angel they had fleshly bodies, but were of a strange species that God had not intended to exist, because it was forbidden for the angels to have intimate contact with humans.

Demons are the disembodied souls of nephilim after their bodies had been killed.

15 hours ago, OakWood said:

The Bible is to be taken literally except where it tells us otherwise. So of course there are metaphors and parables but it is clear which are, and which aren't. For example there is nothing in the Bible to suggest that the flood was a metaphor, but anything other than a literal flood.

I never said that being educated or intellectual makes one incapable of understanding scripture so I have not contradicted myself. The whole point of the eunuch story is to highlight how intellectualism can sometimes blind people to the obvious, and to show that one does not need to be highly educated to understand scripture when in fact sometimes a child has better understanding than an adult does. However, a good education should make one understand the Bible better, but unfortunately with intellectualism can sometimes come pride, and a tendency to try and make the simple complicated. We've all heard of people who can't see the wood for the trees.

I have twice highlighted the word 'sometimes' in case you accuse me of claiming that such matters are always the case!

i don't intend to accuse or condemn humans/souls in principle, and think what you say about intellectualism is at least a little true, but Scripture can't be understood only by interpreting it quite literally, first because there are many things presented in it which can be discerned/determined/understood only spiritually through righteous (practice of) faith; second, there are not a few specific spiritual concepts expressed in specific terms in Scripture, whose explanation can't be found in the hitherto prevailing dictionaries and encyclopedias, though the words that are used for referring to them can be found in dictionaries and encyclopedias, but even biblical lexicons such as that of james strong don't present the full explanation of many biblical terms

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 (AKJV) "we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

ultimately it is not quite right to call such scriptural words and expressions figurative, because they are spiritual, while the figurative terms are typical of belles lettres and fiction

how can you be sure that the "flood" in the time of Noah was a flood entirely of dihydrogen monoxide!? - don't you think that we must either have been present at the time of that "flood" or receive revelations from the One Who is really the true God to know exactly what happened then?! - some creatures both were eyewitnesses to what happened at the time of that "flood" and have received (and still receive) revelations from Him - if they appear to explain, some people may not believe them

Blessings

16 hours ago, OakWood said:

The nephilim and giants were living flesh, so yes they could be drowned by water.

Being half-human, half-angel they had fleshly bodies, but were of a strange species that God had not intended to exist, because it was forbidden for the angels to have intimate contact with humans.

Demons are the disembodied souls of nephilim after their bodies had been killed.

did you ever see or recognize angels of satan?!, i did and can say those creatures could, God forbid, appear and disappear through physical materialization and teleportation, though they don't necessarily need to always appear to people

here is an example of such a creature who was one of the nephilim that survived the flood and who appeared to Moses and israelites in order to war against them:

Deuteronomy 3:11 (AKJV) "only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.",

Joshua 13:12 (AKJV) "All the kingdom of Og in Bashan, which reigned in Ashtaroth and in Edrei, who remained of the remnant of the giants: for these did Moses smite, and cast them out."

there have been nephilim also for the last centuries, they could hide in the extramundane occult realms, which means they couldn't be drowned by dihydrogen monoxide, nor hurt by any physical means (i.e. consisting of atoms, molecules or other elementary particles which are part of the physical matter) - they could, God forbid, use the physical matter as a clay in their hands materializing/transforming great things

Blessings