Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

What is the Number One Sin of the Church

The number one sin in the church would be to let a nutty Buckeye through it's doors. lol

Seriously, the number one sin IMO is a lack of prayer.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sam Smith said:

J  Veron McGee preached about this once——He said the #1 sin of the Church was not reading their Bible...any thoughts?

All sins are bad. But if we do not read the Bible how are we to know our Lord and our Savior?

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Keyman.    Haha. You totally caught me by surprise!   I consider you a friend and I will not reveal the woeful tragedy that befell you just a few Saturdays ago . Will your guys be appearing in the “sack cloth and ashes bowl “ this year?

• Thumbs Up 1

reminds me of the song dirty laundry by Don Henley.  in Gods eyes all sin is the same.  only us humans try to put a scale on it.  we reason within ourselves thinking oh its just a little sin, its not that bad. buuuuut, what did God say?  even if all you ever did was tell tiny little white lies and didnt repent... thats a sure ticket to a place called hell.  and lets examine Gods word more closely.  if a man just simply looks at a woman lustfully, thats adultery in your heart.... where God lives.  If you secretly hate your brother.... thats murder. 

here are some more thoughts though.... what about those people who dont have a bible?  or cant read?  you see, who the Son sets free... you are free indeed.  God is not going to smite you because you didnt read your bible.  and then i also have some thoughts about straining at gnats and trying to get a wood chip out of your bros eye when you got a tree trunk in your own eye. 

you cant tell God that you fast twice a week and tithe mint and spices and thank Him that you are not like these others and expect to get very far with Him like that. 

it is true we cant live by bread alone but...

Ecclesiastes 12:12King James Version (KJV)

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, Sam Smith said:

J  Veron McGee preached about this once....
He said the #1 sin of the Church was not reading their Bible...

any thoughts....

:thumbsup:

One Thing

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:

Leads To Another

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

And Before You Know It, Empty Suits

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Matthew 23:27

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Thumbs Up 3

If by that you mean "the most sinful sin" then all sin is...well, sin.

If by that you mean "the sin that has most damaged the church" then I might be inclined to say, in general, not fulfilling the church's duties.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi guys

My thoughts:  allowing in..... the social gospel .... counterfeit Christianity.... interfaith "unity" .... "tolerance" .... false doctrine .... you know what I mean.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sign in to follow this