Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

What is the Number One Sin of the Church

On 12/13/2017 at 6:06 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

J  Veron McGee preached about this once——He said the #1 sin of the Church was not reading their Bible...any thoughts?

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. That's scripture known as the unpardonable sin- which means, it's the sin that God will refuse to pardon or forgive. Some just say, the unforgivable sin. And people freak out wondering if they have committed the sin already, but if you were to be worried about it, then you haven't done it unless you were someone who doesn't accept Christ but still doesn't want to go to Hell. But someone who does believe, they wouldn't commit this sin.

(blasphemy against the Holy Spirit) is specified in several passages of the Synoptic Gospels, including Mark 3:28-29, Matthew 12:31-32, and Luke 12:10.

Posted (edited)

If this subject is asking what is the most common sin that Christians commit, and not necessarily what is the worst sin, then there is a lack of love. When you compare not reading your Bible, not praying, not feeding the homeless, etc- and yet, we take a look at scripture; 

1st Corinthians 13;2

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."

This tells me, even if you have faith, knowledge, you even are chosen to know and prophesy, even likely other things, but you do lack having love, then everything you do is nothing. I think this points out very clearly, love is the most important thing for us to have. For one, Jesus was asked what is the greatest commandment, and He told us to love, and if we love, then we follow all commandments. So if God has told us to read, pray, etc- love will fulfill that. Because we love, we would pray and read and much more. Everything of God's love would motivate us to get busy and stay on track. The greatest thing we can do by love, is even be willing to lay down our own lives to die for another. SO... even looking around at Christians and chapels and especially pastors, the main thing and the most important thing that is missed that causes issues and even confuses unbelievers, is that we lack LOVE. We need love more than anything, and we barely have it. If we understand how much God cares about love and why He has done what He has done, then you would remember it's because of His love. Surely, if love is why God was willing to even send His son to die and take our sins, and give us what we do not deserve, then love is more important to Him than any of this other stuff we do.

Edited by Xethea

Sign in to follow this