Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

What is the Number One Sin of the Church

On 12/13/2017 at 9:06 PM, Sam Smith said:

What is the Number One Sin of the Church

I believe it is lack of Spirituality, which brings: dissensions, heresies, hypocrisy, envy, hate, arrogance, evil-speaking, and all sort of things that shouldn't be there.

• Brilliant! 1

Number one sin?  I think it's judging and condemning others.  So many people spend more time pointing out other's 'sins' (by their own judgment) and so little time trying to live as Jesus directed.

Matthew 7:5 "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Wikipedia: "This verse makes clear that it is the height of hypocrisy to point out a minor flaw (sin) in another, when your sins are much worse. Jesus always made clear that judging was to be done by the Father, and humans should concern themselves with making their own soul ready for acceptance into the kingdom of God. The focus should always be in ones own faults, not their neighbor’s. ... Seeing that humans are always fallible, your own salvation and righteousness should be your focus, not finding fault with others."

• This is Worthy 1

People need to learn to repent.  When people come together in prayer and thereby turn their authority over to another, bit by bit, they begin to deceive themselves that Church attendance and membership is the same thing as repentance.

Whether or not someone attends Church matters not to God.  He seeks repentance from you instead.

So Church attendance is only good for growth, if repentance is the most important facet, of that attendance.

• Brilliant! 1

I think McGee was on to something.....people don’t read the Bible because they can’t understand it and then when they find a version that is easy to read they sometimes get condemned .personallyi have a four translation version...I read the easy to understand version and then slide over to the other page to see if it agrees with the KJV.......works great for me.....any comments?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

On 12/13/2017 at 6:06 PM, Sam Smith said:

J  Veron McGee preached about this once——He said the #1 sin of the Church was not reading their Bible...any thoughts?

I think it's lack of prayer and spending time with God. The rest are just symptoms of the disease. The bible doesn't make you a Christian, a relationship does. If you don't have a relationship with God, then how is He going to rub off on you and change you?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

Hi Sam Smith

Mark 12:30   And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

I guess this would be the biggest sin if not followed.

• This is Worthy 1

"Feel good" Christianity is an absolute scourge. They take the easy parts of Christianity and leave the hard parts out, this "Feel good" Christianity then dovetails into accepting sinful lifestyles.  

Reminds me of the song U2 wrote for Johnny Cash, "Wanderer", which has a great line:

"They say they want the kingdom, but they don't want God in it".

Edited by secretopossumcabal
  • Brilliant! 2

Sign in to follow this