Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

What is the Number One Sin of the Church

Easy butero, I never accused you of anything....I don’t even know you. Trust me  ,I have seen Both local pastors and pastors on tv and internet turn red and practically blow a gasket to even suggest somebody doesn’t used the KJV.......I have heard at least one preacher say that is possible to worship the Bible more than what is in it.....bibliolatry I think he called it. God bless

• Oy Vey! 1

13 hours ago, Butero said:

I think that is nonsense.  Most of us that are KJV only aren't actually condemning people for reading other translations.  I know I am not.  I am warning people that they aren't reliable, and they don't agree with each other.  I have never claimed that those who read other translations are going to hell or terrible sinners.  I have known some ministers that have come against other ministers that preach from modern English translations.  That is because they feel that man is telling the congregation lies because the text differs from the KJV Bible.  But as far as you making a personal decision to read from 4 translations and compare it to the KJV Bible, I am not judging your salvation because of that.  

I do think reading the Bible is important.  People are destroyed for lack of knowledge, but I don't agree with McGee that failure to do so is a sin.  

I used to be KJV only, I even went the Peter Ruckman's church, until I started reading the word of God in Hebrew and Greek for myself. The KJV, like most of the other translations, are filled with anti-semitic beliefs, this much is certain. Translations get you to a point where you want more of God and then He takes you to the originals. Hebrew is a very creative language so a one-for-one word translation really limits the thematic meaning. Anyhow, that's been MY experience.

• This is Worthy 1

The church is sick...

Jeremiah 6:14
The priests and shepherds: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

There is much error and deception, yet the Lord will administer refinements by allowing evil to sift His people. To test and find those worthy and for the others, they have already joined the adversary and will be dealt with as he is.

Do not wait on a rapture that will not come. Rather, heal the sick, bind up the broken, save the lost with Yeshua's Gospel.

Our duty is to be fellows in travails and runners seeking the prize. Following in the way of the Cross of our Lord. For the servant is not greater than His Master. We should be joint heirs in His Suffering as well as His Salvation. Get used to this idea.

What does the Lord require? But to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.

• Brilliant! 1

31 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Rather, heal the sick, bind up the broken, save the lost with Yeshua's Gospel.

I am very grateful for the very few bible believing churches that do believe in the above statement. Just they are not near me in proximity.

I get their message of Gods plan of Mercy & Grace through their online site, and 24hre prayer line.

A good way to find a good church is to see if the fruits of the spirit are in plain sight to see.

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

I see quenching the Spirit one of the biggest errors of today's church.

• This is Worthy 1

20 hours ago, Butero said:

I do think reading the Bible is important....
People are destroyed for lack of knowledge....

but I don't agree with McGee that failure to do so is a sin.... 

:thumbsup:

One Thing

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:

Leads To Another

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

And Before You Know It, Empty Suits

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Matthew 23:27

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

1 hour ago, Butero said:

do you think that failure to read the Bible is a sin....
a transgression of God's law....

:emot-heartbeat:

Of

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Course

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

See?

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. John 15:3

~

And As For God's Law (Instruction~!)

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Loved it! 1

The number one sin of any church would be to forget the Bible and embrace stylishness to gain people who don't know God but like to play around with that ideal in their heads.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Reinitin
      What is sin?
      Please no commentary no opinion straight up clear verses from Gods Words. Let's listen to God's word not peoples opinions.
    • By Sunflower86
      Hi everyone. This past weekend following into the week ive been dealing with a lot. My boyfriend and I are both believers and followers of Christ. He struggles with addiction, which I have been praying about and seeing God work in his life. He has been doing very well as far as drugs up until this weekend. He has a friend who does not believe in God and openly denounces God. This friend is always supplying him with drugs and bad advice. Everytime they hang out my boyfriend will back peddle so much in life and in his walk with God. This friend has such a dark presence that he will tend to sway my boyfriends belifs a little bit. This weekend he has been on drugs to another degree that ive never seen before. I have been fasting and praying for him constantly to combat this. Today my employer let me know that I wouldnt have to come in out of the blue, which i was relived by. As i was praying i kept getting distracted and my prayers would just stop. This happened about 2 or 3 times when suddenly I got up and walked toward the dresser that he rested his phone on. Before i knew it I picked up his phone and saw that he had gps open to an address very far into the city. I looked to see the last app he had open and turns out he had made arrangements with a prostitute and have since found out that he had met with one yesterday. Ive been fasting and praying for him as well as our relationship. I believe that God wanted me to see what i saw today. What do i do??
    • By Ryan2203
      If you divorce or get married twice is that a sin?
    • By Ryan2203
      Is it a sin to use boxing as a way to protect myself?
    • By Behold
      I wanted to talk to you about your Salvation, which is your  personal and private relationship with God.
      Maybe you are not enjoying it.  Maybe its become a dead weight in your heart, that gives no joy, no life, and no hope.
      Many Christians are exactly like this.   They have long ago trusted the Lord, they are born again, and yet, over time, what use to be LIFE in them is now a slow torture.   Almost a misery.
      So, let me talk to you about this, and lets easily solve this so that you can once again know how it use to be when you were first saved, and life was BRAND NEW, and all you wanted to do was have more of God.
      Remember ?
      To get back THERE........is very easy to do.   Its not a slow progression back.  And in fact, i want you to see this picture in your mind....
      Take a look...
       You see a path that is leading across a  pretty field, and at the end of the path is a yard, and a small white cottage stands in the yard.  Its in the early evening, not quite dark, its Springtime and there are candles burning in the windows. In all the windows, there are candles glowing a golden glow.   The brown wooden front door is wide open, and standing on the porch, by the open door, all dressed in white is Jesus.  Its Jesus.  He is standing there.  He is looking across the yard, and into the path.   He is looking at you because you stopped just before you walked across the yard to Him.   You can see His face.    He is smiling gently at you.  You notice that His arms are open as if to give you a warm hug.   Then you see what you really didnt expect.   You see that Jesus has tears in His Eyes.   In His eyes are tears.   These tears are for you.  These are tears of longing, and hope, and joy,  because He has wanted you to come home, and has been waiting, and waiting, and waiting....    And now you are there.      So... Go to the Lord.     Go Home.
      -
      -
      Ok, if you are away from the Lord for a while, there are generally  only a few reasons.
      One, is that you have been sinning, and you feel so guilty and condemned in your heart.
      Two, is that you have some bitterness in your life.   Maybe a divorce.  Maybe someone you loved died.   Maybe you are just very unhappy with your life.  Its such a struggle.  But what you are feeling is that you blame God.  You blame Jesus.    You are angry at them..
      Three,  Maybe a Christian has hurt you.   Maybe a church has greatly disappointed you.   Maybe both, and you are just not wanting to be a part of any of this, anymore.
      Now there are other things i can list, but, ive learned that most of us, when we are not close to the Lord, ... its because of those 3, so, no matter what your reason might be, ..being away from the Lord is the same empty feeling, its the same sense of no direction and no hope, yet its so very easy to solve this situation, whatever it is, that is keeping you away from God who loves you.

So, How do you get back?   Well this is very simple.   You see that picture i gave you?   You see that Jesus?   He is there all the time, just like that.   And yet what we do sometimes, is we dont see Him like this when we are not close to God and Christ.    Instead we see our feelings, our disappointments...... we feel our  guilty condemnation... and our bad feelings lead us to believe that God is upset with us, and in fact, He is not.     God is Love, you see.    And the only thing He will ever do or feel, towards His Child, which you are, is to feel Love towards you.   God's only thoughts toward you, His Child, are good thoughts.  God only and always wants the best for you.   God is love, and that is all He ever has to give you.    And this love, is expressed into your life and into your heart as His favor, blessing, peace, hope, power, self control, and Love.   
      Now, i listed 3 reasons that might be the reason you are not as close to the Lord as you were once.  And if you are reading this, it could be because you are someone who feels that God is so distant and you are so unworthy.       And.... no matter the reason, or the reasons, and no matter how you feel...... God is always at the door, waiting for you.  Jesus is never going to turn you away.   He will never require you to do anything so that He would accept you or love you.   God's love is REAL LOVE, because it is unconditional.     You see, God loves you, because that is what He does....That is who He is.... And His Love's only requirement is that you Let Him Love You.   And THAT, my brother or my sister,..... is how you return to God and Christ.    You realize His Love and you allow It for yourself.   You allow it for yourself....  And when you do, and as soon as you do, you will feel His presence, and you will know it.   And no matter what you have done, or what you have felt,   if you will just see Jesus, standing at the door, looking at you, ... then you can understand How God Loves YOU.
      Let God love you.    Allow God to Love you......   He is still waiting...... always.

<B><