Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

What is the Number One Sin of the Church

Easy butero, I never accused you of anything....I don’t even know you. Trust me  ,I have seen Both local pastors and pastors on tv and internet turn red and practically blow a gasket to even suggest somebody doesn’t used the KJV.......I have heard at least one preacher say that is possible to worship the Bible more than what is in it.....bibliolatry I think he called it. God bless

• Oy Vey! 1

13 hours ago, Butero said:

I think that is nonsense.  Most of us that are KJV only aren't actually condemning people for reading other translations.  I know I am not.  I am warning people that they aren't reliable, and they don't agree with each other.  I have never claimed that those who read other translations are going to hell or terrible sinners.  I have known some ministers that have come against other ministers that preach from modern English translations.  That is because they feel that man is telling the congregation lies because the text differs from the KJV Bible.  But as far as you making a personal decision to read from 4 translations and compare it to the KJV Bible, I am not judging your salvation because of that.  

I do think reading the Bible is important.  People are destroyed for lack of knowledge, but I don't agree with McGee that failure to do so is a sin.  

I used to be KJV only, I even went the Peter Ruckman's church, until I started reading the word of God in Hebrew and Greek for myself. The KJV, like most of the other translations, are filled with anti-semitic beliefs, this much is certain. Translations get you to a point where you want more of God and then He takes you to the originals. Hebrew is a very creative language so a one-for-one word translation really limits the thematic meaning. Anyhow, that's been MY experience.

• This is Worthy 1

The church is sick...

Jeremiah 6:14
The priests and shepherds: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

There is much error and deception, yet the Lord will administer refinements by allowing evil to sift His people. To test and find those worthy and for the others, they have already joined the adversary and will be dealt with as he is.

Do not wait on a rapture that will not come. Rather, heal the sick, bind up the broken, save the lost with Yeshua's Gospel.

Our duty is to be fellows in travails and runners seeking the prize. Following in the way of the Cross of our Lord. For the servant is not greater than His Master. We should be joint heirs in His Suffering as well as His Salvation. Get used to this idea.

What does the Lord require? But to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.

• Brilliant! 1

31 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Rather, heal the sick, bind up the broken, save the lost with Yeshua's Gospel.

I am very grateful for the very few bible believing churches that do believe in the above statement. Just they are not near me in proximity.

I get their message of Gods plan of Mercy & Grace through their online site, and 24hre prayer line.

A good way to find a good church is to see if the fruits of the spirit are in plain sight to see.

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

I see quenching the Spirit one of the biggest errors of today's church.

• This is Worthy 1

20 hours ago, Butero said:

I do think reading the Bible is important....
People are destroyed for lack of knowledge....

but I don't agree with McGee that failure to do so is a sin.... 

:thumbsup:

One Thing

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:

Leads To Another

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

And Before You Know It, Empty Suits

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Matthew 23:27

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

1 hour ago, Butero said:

do you think that failure to read the Bible is a sin....
a transgression of God's law....

:emot-heartbeat:

Of

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Course

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

See?

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. John 15:3

~

And As For God's Law (Instruction~!)

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Loved it! 1

The number one sin of any church would be to forget the Bible and embrace stylishness to gain people who don't know God but like to play around with that ideal in their heads.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Sign in to follow this