Sign in to follow this  
Blood Bought 1953

What is the Number One Sin of the Church

22 hours ago, Butero said:

Thanks.  I wasn't asking you for any reason but to get your opinion.  I appreciate it.  

:emot-heartbeat:

Some Eat

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Deuteronomy 15:16

Most Won't

And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live. Deuteronomy 8:3

~

The Law And The Prophets

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates. Deuteronomy 6:4-9

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.
From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament
  • This is Worthy 1

Shalom,

I guess the #1 sin (that doesn't belittle other sins) we Christians might ever commit is compromising. Please read Hebrews 6:4-6 & 10:26-29. The evil spirit of compromise promotes and backs every wickedness.  

As for the Church, it's denominationalism. Again, there is other garbage also. What else is Satan for?

For both above evils do spiritually blind us. 

Igor Evgen

• Thumbs Up 1

The most dangerous sin that may potentially keep people from entering glory is the same which prevented Israel from entering Canaan.

Unbelief.

Not so much a lack of reading the Bible, but not believing what they are reading.

Edited by brakelite
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:06 PM, Sam Smith said:

J  Veron McGee preached about this once——He said the #1 sin of the Church was not reading their Bible...any thoughts?

6 My people are destroyedc for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. 7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame

c destroyed: Heb. cut off
Hosea 4:6-7
The greatest sin as you say in the church is ignorance apathy and unbelief

2nd Tim  Show thyself a workman who is not ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth
  • Loved it! 1

On 12/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, Sam Smith said:

J  Veron McGee preached about this once——He said the #1 sin of the Church was not reading their Bible...any thoughts?

Its not a" sin "to not read the bible.    The bible is our instruction manual.    Only fools reject what Gods Word says.

Pro 1:7 The fear (reverence) of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

What is sin?

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.  

You will find those laws in Exodus 20.    Christ didn't change 1 jot of the law. 

Mat_5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since you brought it up here's some verses about reading the bible.

Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10 
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
    that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
    justice and righteousness on earth,
    for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
“Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
    look around and consider,
    search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
    who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
    I will forgive this city.
Psalm 119 verse 114
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 2

As Hosea 4:6 God was angered because of ignorance ( Willful ignorance) apathy  and unbelief.,which following that is worldly compromise, and that is sin the greatest Sin.

So when one is just casual in His walk to hunger for truth and righteousness his chance to enter the Kindom is slim if not impossible. Those who for inabilities to seek God to be educated  are not culpable  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/13/2017 at 6:06 PM, Sam Smith said:

As many have confirmed, I'd say not reading enough, and not respecting the Scriptures, in particular the Gospel, by sometimes doing the exact opposite of what's written. 

But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." (Matthew 23: 8-12)

Edited by listener24
  • Loved it! 1

On 18/12/2017 at 1:15 AM, brakelite said:

The most dangerous sin that may potentially keep people from entering glory is the same which prevented Israel from entering Canaan.

Unbelief.

Not so much a lack of reading the Bible, but not believing what they are reading.

I might add...the inevitable result of unbelief in God's word is to lay ones hope and trust in something else. To be joyful we want entertainment...which leads to moral compromise which leads to sin.

To be content we seek fame and riches...which leads to moral compromise which leads to sin.

To be at peace we seek pharmacueticals, alcohol...which lead to unbalanced thought processes which lead to moral compromise which lead to sin.

To attain to salvation we seek religion and/or self motivated good works...which leads to pride which leads to moral compromise which leads to sin. 

And then of course is fear of going without...which leads to trusting in our quest for worldly security better jobs...higher paid jobs...maybe fudging the truth to get there...trampling upon others to get that promotion...all for money. And the love of money well, we all know what that leads to don't we....

I think you get the idea. And it all began with not believing God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 2

The number 1 sin would be the "unforgivable sin" which is against the Holy Spirit.

Such as claiming the Lord's miracles as being from satan.

(Just my opinion.)

The unpardonable/unforgivable sin or “blasphemy of the Holy Spirit” is mentioned in Mark 3:22–30 and Matthew 12:22–32. Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter” (Mark 3:28), but then He gives one exception: “Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin” (verse 29).

Edited by G. Quesnel
  • This is Worthy 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Behold
      "having a form of godliness"
      So. what is this?   What is this AS compared to being saved - born again?
      Its very simple....
      a "form of godliness" is religion. All Religion.   All Religion is a "form" of Godliness that isn't actually true Godliness.     And what is the difference between Religion and Christianity?     Well, Religion is man's self effort to touch God or become God.    Whereas Christianity is God coming to Man, as a divine Man,  to take man back home.    Religion is man's self righteous effort to get in touch with God, and Christianity is God on a Cross touching humanity with the Blood of Jesus, the Righteousness of God,  and the Love of God..
       Its, "self righteousness", which is Religion.    Look at that phrase..."self righteousness"......"self".."right'.......trying to make "self" "right" with God.......by SELF.   (Legalism)   By works, by lifestyle, by commandment keeping, and worrying about keeping the law to TRY to make "self" = "righteous".
      See it?    All Religion is an effort to ither become Divine, or to join Divinity, by SELF RIGHTEOUS EFFORT... = trying to make "self" "right"......= Self-Righteousness. = Religion.
      And THAT.......all that is Religion, and it is what 2nd Timothy is defining as "a FORM of Godliness", that "denies the Power of God".
      So, what is the Power of God that imparts Godliness?   It IS the only and sole means and method that causes you to become born again.    This is being SAVED.... This is...God giving you HIS very Righteousness, which is the defining idea  you are to comprehend so that you perfectly understand WHAT the Power of God is, exactly and in Truth.
      The power of God, is the ability of God to recreate you as a "new creation" "in Christ".  So, this, once applied to you, is not a "form of Godliness", ... Its not self righteous effort .....Its not Religion, and its not something that you can  do for yourself.   Its something that God did for you on a Cross and then offers this Power, this Redemption, this BLOOD ATONEMENT, as a "free Gift", and when you by Faith trust in Christ, God then delivers the literal Power of God thru Christ that recreates you as born again and a "new Creation in Christ".
      To simplify......  
      "A form of Godliness" is Religion..... is Legalism....is trusting in SELF, instead of trusting totally in CHRIST to save you and keep you saved.
      Listen....if you are not trusting in Christ Alone to keep you saved, then you are not really trusting in Christ.    Thats a fact.
      Real Godliness is Redemption.   Real Godliness is God making you righteous and keeping you righteous, =  through the Blood of Jesus.
      "A form of Godliness" is a person trying to be good enough, live holy enough, or reach high enough by self righteousness, as THEIR RELIGIOUS EFFORT to become one with God, and in doing this they are "denying the real power of God" which is......The Cross and God as Christ on it as total eternal Redemption offered as a free GIFT...= "the GIFT of Righteousness". .  = (Grace).
    • By chargedbyfa1th
      Shalom..
      Is it sinful to drink alcoholic beverages and wine? I don't understand about this..If you know and have any Bible verses related to it please quote them too..
      Thank you..
      Jesus bless you
    • By Reinitin
      What is sin?
      Please no commentary no opinion straight up clear verses from Gods Words. Let's listen to God's word not peoples opinions.
    • By Sunflower86
      Hi everyone. This past weekend following into the week ive been dealing with a lot. My boyfriend and I are both believers and followers of Christ. He struggles with addiction, which I have been praying about and seeing God work in his life. He has been doing very well as far as drugs up until this weekend. He has a friend who does not believe in God and openly denounces God. This friend is always supplying him with drugs and bad advice. Everytime they hang out my boyfriend will back peddle so much in life and in his walk with God. This friend has such a dark presence that he will tend to sway my boyfriends belifs a little bit. This weekend he has been on drugs to another degree that ive never seen before. I have been fasting and praying for him constantly to combat this. Today my employer let me know that I wouldnt have to come in out of the blue, which i was relived by. As i was praying i kept getting distracted and my prayers would just stop. This happened about 2 or 3 times when suddenly I got up and walked toward the dresser that he rested his phone on. Before i knew it I picked up his phone and saw that he had gps open to an address very far into the city. I looked to see the last app he had open and turns out he had made arrangements with a prostitute and have since found out that he had met with one yesterday. Ive been fasting and praying for him as well as our relationship. I believe that God wanted me to see what i saw today. What do i do??
    • By Ryan2203
      If you divorce or get married twice is that a sin?