JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I am amazed by the ease we all lapse into the thinking that we can restore Eden somehow (even in local venues). Utopia, Valhalla, Paradise, etc. We fell from Paradise. This world is doomed for destruction and will be replaced by the Paradise that is to come. 

Until then, we have the biblical prescription for getting through this hell... and it flies in the face of want people want and current social mores have devolved to.

Surprise surprise.

There is a way that seems absolutely correct to people the ends thereof are the ways of death.... 

My point, excluding the unarguable demarcation of legitimate violations, is do not prosecute / persecute men for exercising their masculinity in response to women exercising their femininity.

Deal with it as the occasional consequence of that public expression you feel is your right. Or use common sense and keep it under wraps. 

I am not putting the blame on anyone.

If we are going to split biblical hairs, it's ALL wrong. God intended ALL of this to be exclusively between a married man and woman. Period!

But that's not how the world functions. Is it?

I am saying stop singling out men only and start taking your share of the responsibility of it, ladies. 

And I will add... you are the initiators of most of this. I know some men will hit on a mannequin in a burlap sack... but that is no excuse for all the rules to be thrown out and do whatever you please.

I am a victim of sexual abuse in my teens. A man in his forties took perverse advantage of me from ages 13-15 after losing my father to leukemia at age 11. I was desperate for a father figure.

So I know what true harassment and abuse is all about.

This is not new to any who have read my posts here over the years (my admitting this, I mean).

So I have sounded the alarm (long before I was on this forum).

And I believe victims who can should tell!!!

It's not easy. Especially for guys.

Women have actually said that I knew what I was doing at the time. Really? So, statutory rape is a myth and teenage boys and girls are fair game for the world. Well, now that you put it like that, to a woman they all said... because there is a double standard among women (like only they cane be abused, and only men are the cause of abuse).

THAT is what I am vehemently opposed to.

Oh, an the idea of a man "being a real man" stepping up to take responsibility / blame for all things no matter what triggers another of my pet peeves...

I've watched men and (mostly) women using this ploy to guilt men into doing whatever they defined being a "real man" is based on their beliefs and opinions... 

I am reminded of something an historical figure once said about a very difficult female who said "A GENTLEMAN would give up his seat..." to which he replied "A LADY would never ask..."

In my own home, my beloved wife never had to tell me I am the protector. I can and would lay down my life for her. But in a gun debate years ago (she was opposed to them at the time) I said "Fine. When you hear the front door getting kicked in by assailants that backdoor slam will be me running out since you have decreed we will not let me have the means to protect you." In other words people are quick to tell men how to be a man but in no other way be a man. Don't be loud, aggressive, have guns, pull my finger etc. And my point was its either all or nothing. Trust me, ladies there is a long long list of things we men would delete from what it means to be a woman but we take the package deal of all or nothing.

And about the gun situation in my house, I wouldn't advise trying anything funny... SHE just might shoot you! She's pretty good.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, other one said:

and how do you decide who's born again?

YOU LOOK at the FRUIT produced.     Our LORD never said it will be very hard to discern the tree.   HE never said but you cant know their heart ,  PHYSCOLOY DID and thus

since many a man has sat in that and brought it into the church mindset , well many believe we cannot discern the this.

But do you think I will trust in mans wisdom or in THIS WISDOM........YE SHALL   K    N    O   W    them by their fruits.   And GOD sure does make void the wisdom of this world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I would want to be careful of how we view spousal abuse.......police are not called to be psychologists in a complex human drama, they are only called because someone has been hurt or killed.........by far this is usually the WEAKER partner in every way.  Not all abused women are enablers, many if not most of them are simply trapped, imprisoned, by their stronger mates.

My reply had nothing to do with Psychology. It is about spousal abuse....period. It is dangerous and the police hate to be called on a domestic violence. I was saying that it can be a woman who is the abuser not always the man. Although it is more common for the male to be the abuser.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, other one said:

and how do you decide who's born again?

Observe what they say and do. What kind of fruit of the Holy Spirit are they producing?

• Praise God! 1

45 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YOU LOOK at the FRUIT produced.     Our LORD never said it will be very hard to discern the tree.   HE never said but you cant know their heart ,  PHYSCOLOY DID and thus

since many a man has sat in that and brought it into the church mindset , well many believe we cannot discern the this.

But do you think I will trust in mans wisdom or in THIS WISDOM........YE SHALL   K    N    O   W    them by their fruits.   And GOD sure does make void the wisdom of this world.

I did not even see your post when I replied. It looks like we are on the same page :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, missmuffet said:

Observe what they say and do. What kind of fruit of the Holy Spirit are they producing?

You shall KNOW them by their fruits.     AMEN sister.   anyone walking willfully in sin daily and has no conviction of it, but rather honors it .   Defintely is NOT OF the GOOD TREE

which is Christ .  And if any brother or sister errs, we correct them fast and pray they repent too.   

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You shall KNOW them by their fruits.     AMEN sister.   anyone walking willfully in sin daily and has no conviction of it, but rather honors it .   Defintely is NOT OF the GOOD TREE

which is Christ .  And if any brother or sister errs, we correct them fast and pray they repent too.   

This is also a problem in our Churches. We go to Church to honor and worship God. Not to dress trashy.

• Thumbs Up 1