• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

31 minutes ago, JohnD said:

His ambassadors in other words.

Yes, amen......as long as we remember that it is WITH the Lord, with Him and through Him, in dependence on HIM, His Spirit.......like Jesus who did nothing but what He saw the Father doing.  We are just earthen vessels in whom is the excellency of HIS Spirit.

34 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Keys to the Kingdom to a certain few?

No, not at all.........but even though many are called, we know that Jesus said few would be chosen.  Like Israel and in the church per se, though all were called, only a remnant will be saved.......Isaiah crying out, though the number of Israelites be as the sand on the seashore, only a remnant would be saved.

40 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Are we here to "fix" the broken world as so many believe? Or are we here to win souls to Christ?

AMEN brother......it is sad, but this world isn't going to get "fixed", it's appointed unto wrath........and our job is to get as many onto the ark as will come before the floodgates of His wrath is poured out...that is the only only only mandate that Jesus gave us.....go into all the world and make disciples, not go into all the world and fix it.  NAR and dominionist type people need to hear from you on that!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

A return to Victorianism and Chivalry appear to be the answer

here lets just reword that  a bit.   a return to JESUS is the only answer.    yeah I know what ya meant.   but man a return to JESUS is the answer.

course we in the last of the last of days, so most wont,  but some will.   

I'm sorry that's all you found needing some light with that post, frienduff.  Taking up verbal arms against women surely warrants addressing just as much as taking up arms against enemies, it strikes me as religious hypocrisy otherwise.  Not one man stepped up to say a word, and this on a christian forum.......if chivalry is indeed dead, even within Christianity, it gives me the shivers to see women hated so much.  Most men don't understand the damage that being violated does to a person or they would fully understand why the victims didn't come forward until the Lord made this way for them to do so while keeping their dignity intact.  I suspect it's very revealing why laws, made mostly by men, are much more lenient for sexual crimes than they are for crimes of a monetary nature.

• Praise God! 1

20 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Most (not all) of the Hollywood claims came from those who exploited the evil system of the casting couch to launch their careers ahead of others who were going about launching their careers the moral way. Now that they are set it's time to punk the skunk. Not sorry for the skunk, btw. Nor am I defending them. Just saying what charges are brought against the claimants? They perpetuated the evil to their advantage. Kept silent until now (meaning all the other women and men exploited harassed in the meantime). Heroes? A thousand times no! Cowards. Cheats. Dare I say it? Equal to the sexual harassers. Enablers. 

There are reasons why victims of sexual crimes are reluctant to speak out, especially in public.  There is a terrible sense of shame that comes with being violated and exploited, as well as often muteness, self-blame, confusion, paralysis, fear.  There is no conspiracy thus far with these women keeping quiet all this time, none at all.........and the fact there might be some opportunists exploiting and encouraging this expose along for their own gain and purposes, does not negate one iota what happened to these women.  Unless there are those who believe they conspired for these things to happen to them.

I'm afraid brother, that this harsh reaction only underscores another reason why they don't normally speak out. 

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

There are reasons why victims of sexual crimes are reluctant to speak out, especially in public.  There is a terrible sense of shame that comes with being violated and exploited, as well as often muteness, self-blame, confusion, paralysis, fear.  There is no conspiracy thus far with these women keeping quiet all this time, none at all.........and the fact there might be some opportunists exploiting and encouraging this expose along for their own gain and purposes, does not negate one iota what happened to these women.  Unless there are those who believe they conspired for these things to happen to them.

I'm afraid brother, that this harsh reaction only underscores another reason why they don't normally speak out. 

What on earth.    I don't know how the heck this got on my post .     You of all people know I don't use words like that .

5 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

ONLY I did not say this .   I don't know how the heck this happens .  but it aint the first time .  

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

ONLY I did not say this .   I don't know how the heck this happens .  but it aint the first time .  

I meant to quote John D, not sure what happened.  I will try to edit it so as to correct it.  I was referring to his post.

• Praise God! 1

13 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What on earth.    I don't know how the heck this got on my post .     You of all people know I don't use words like that .

I can't seem to fix it.....it has happened to me before too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I can't seem to fix it.....it has happened to me before too. 

OH no worries sister.   you just praise the Lord .    let us lift those hands and just praise the Lord.    

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, JohnD said:

Amen. Hence the hysteria I spoke of.

I've given this subject much thought, much Bible study, and come to the conclusion that these are the consequences of living in such a sex saturated, sexually-relaxed state of modern civilization. 

A return to Victorianism and Chivalry appear to be the answer.

These after all protected BOTH genders from sexual harassment and sexual hysteria.

Most (not all) of the Hollywood claims came from those who exploited the evil system of the casting couch to launch their careers ahead of others who were going about launching their careers the moral way. Now that they are set it's time to punk the skunk. Not sorry for the skunk, btw. Nor am I defending them. Just saying what charges are brought against the claimants? They perpetuated the evil to their advantage. Kept silent until now (meaning all the other women and men exploited harassed in the meantime). Heroes? A thousand times no! Cowards. Cheats. Dare I say it? Equal to the sexual harassers. Enablers. 

I am sick to death of those who participate in an evil getting heroic acclaim for blaming others entirely for the evil.

And they make it harder for those who are truly truly sexually harassed / exploited to come forward.

I had to read this several times .    let me know if I  have assumed right.   You are speaking about the fake ones who just come out and make false accusations

against the men.   Like the lady who said moore had signed her book , then wrote this provactive statement .   Yet later she even admitted while he had signed

her book , SHE had added that part.  Well she had to, when they tested the ink it was much fresher.  

THIS does make it harder on the ones who truly were assaulted.   and yes its about politics.   You are talking about the ones

who jump on the train , yet are lying and just acting like they high and mighty now and etc.    It seems this is what I got by re reading it and re reading it.

I know the types you speak of   .    If one has a geuniune case , others who don't will join in and seem as victims and heroes for the cuase.

The sad thing about Hollywood from those who were n Hollywood.  IS that many did KNOW what was going on,  but kept it shut up .

In the singing industry as well.  the ladies even said everyone is in it for themselves.  and they don't give  a rip what really happens.

ONLY NOW many of these are standing up , acting like they care , when they never did.   now its just for seeming as a hero n a righteous cuase.

YES this is happening .  Go and look at some of the statements being said .  NOT all,  but some of these now speaking out knew about it , but did not care one ounce

as they were in it for themselves and to have spoke out against it THEN could have ruined them.  Most Hollywood has been in it for themselves.

Even Corey speaks about it . THEY KNEW and said nothing to keep their status qua.  and only NOW when it can make them seem a hero they stand up .

Others in Hollywood are saying this too.   THIS DOES make it so hard on the true victims .  it truly does.

IS this what you meant .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Yes.