• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone,

I’m hoping someone can give me some solid advice about someone I’m praying about. I’m 29 and looking to get married. I’ve been ready to be married for a good while now and I recently came across a woman who I found to be the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. Not many woman can truly turn my head, but this girl has all of my attention. I introduced myself to her one afternoon when we were both at a Christ centered gym we both attend and hadn’t said much after that. But I finally got the guts to say something to her and asked her to coffee. She seemed flattered from the pause in her response, but she told me she had recently starting talking to someone else. We continued to talk for about 5 minutes and both went our separate ways.

Long story short, I’m asking the Lord for this girl regardless of what I may or may not know about her. I’m anxious to get to know her, but I don’t see her very often but I pray daily for/about her.

So I’m asking if anyone has been in this situation or one similar where you had to wait for your spouse and you were asking for someone specific?
Should I wait for her? Like I said, I'm VERY drawn toward her and she lights up like things in the word when you're looking for answers while reading.

Edited by Aftershock777
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Is God the center of your life?  If He is you should be sure that He is also the center of her life before you ask God for her.  Beauty fades with years, but the inward beauty of a godly woman will grow with the years as you lead your household in prayer and Bible study.  

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Is it just that she's beautiful? Physical beauty and attraction usually fades. Best thing is to just trust God; ask Him to make a way for you to get to know her better if it is His will. Ask Him for His will to be done first and foremost, and to bring you together with whoever it is that He wants you to be with.

In the meantime, I'd recommend looking up Voddie Baucham's messages on marriage and relationships on Youtube to make sure you're ready for the responsibilities of married life.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Good advice here. Since I have failed all my 'relationships' do NOT listen to my advice on this matter.

I know exactly how you feel and what you are going thru. More to the point, the Lord does too.

Welcome!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

While prayer is definitely something that you should be doing when seeking and asking God for a mate. One of the best advice I received when I was praying for a mate (not anyone specific at the time) was to pray for a "godly" man. You don't mention anything about your spirituality nor hers other than you go to a "Christ Centered" Gymn.  You see just because someone may call themselves a Christian or even go to Christ centered places doesn't make them a real Christian who is walking with God and seeking to be godly. It doesn't sound like you know anything about her walk with Christ or whether she is truly a believer. And that should be the most important criteria for a mate. 

As those who have posted have said, "beauty will fade" this is a very true and profound statement. While attraction is important it should NOT be the determining factor for a relationship much less a marriage partner. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but inner beauty is what is valuable and precious to God and that will not fade; it will only grow as she grows in Christ (1 Peter3:3-4). 

We can ask God for anything, but God can say no, wait, or yes. How long are you willing to wait? What if God says, No? While I do believe we should pray specifically be careful that you ask with pure motives and not selfish ones (James 4:2-3). Instead of praying specifically for this girl, pray instead that God will bring the perfect woman that He has for you. I had a list of spiritual things I was asking God for in a husband when I became a Christian at the age of 16. There were a lot of guys who seemed right and I was definitely attracted to, but God brought that "tailor-made" godly man into my life when I surrendered my will to His. We just recently celebrated our 36th Anniversary.

Pray that the Lord's will, will be your will, that way you will be open should He bring someone else into your life, rather than having tunnel vision for this one particular girl. Sure, God could bring that one, but then He may not.  What is important though as I have stated before is that she be a true born again Christian who is truly walking with God. If she is not then it is not God's will that you marry and especially if she is not a believer (2 Corinthisan 6:14).  Peace and Grace!

P.S. I've included verses for you to look up that will give you a biblical perspective.

• Thumbs Up 1