Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I found this link: https://www.buzzfeed.com/mollyhensleyclancy/meet-the-young-saints-of-bethel-who-go-to-college-to?utm_term=.vsRa7gGBP#.wgxgQpyEM

It's an article by BuzzFeed so they try to be objective from a secular standpoint. It is worrying even from that standpoint.

Hazard, evil things can be transmitted by looking at them; that is why it is bad to post pictures of tarot cards, especially major cards like you posted. They have potential to do harm/cause evil links. I am sensitive to such things, and I had to pray rebuking prayers after seeing the cards. I also have to testify the Bethel stuff is demonic, and they are just doing psychic readings basically. The "Christ spirit" and references to the third heaven, yeah that's all occult. I would NOT throw tarot cards away. I am not sure the best way to dispose of them, but destroying them is desirable.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 12/16/2017 at 8:21 PM, shiloh357 said:

Here is what the webiste says about themselves:

The Christalignment team, based in Melbourne, Australia, are trained spiritual consultants, gifted in various modalities. We practice a form of supernatural healing that flows from the universal presence of the Christ.

We draw from the same divine energy of the Christ spirit , as ancient followers did and operate only out of the third heaven realm to gain insight and revelation.

All Christalignment team members operate only out of the third heaven realm. That means that we are all hearing from Christ spirit. This ensures safety for you and a way higher level of accuracy.

That is not Christian at all.   Notice the phrase, "the Christ spirit."   That is not Jesus.  "The Christ spirit"  is not how Jesus is referred to in Scripture and the New Age occultists make a lot of use of similar terminology.   In New Age speak, "The Christ" is not Jesus; it is a spirit master.   The claim to be operating out of the third heaven and hearing directly from "the Christ spirit."  That is so occultic and demonic, it should be a no-brainer. These people are demonically influenced.  It is occultic to the core.

It is total deception.

Amen!
Tarot Cards, Angel Cards, Destiny Reading Cards, all from the same camp. Satan and his demonic camp.

Some of these spirits are bound to be around should anyone be playing with them, or anything else of this sort that is occultic.
If you're a Christian and dabbling in any of this stuff, the very thing you're supposed be  "wrestling against" you in fact are embracing instead.

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

The whole expression of “christian tarot cards” is an oxymoron, so is the foolishness of the whole idea....one of satan’s doing I am sure to entrap a weak christian.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

5 hours ago, Davida said:

The best way to get rid of those cards if they cannot burn them

That's what Paul told the Corinthians people to do and that is what i did, when a preacher preached on these things.

I went to the country and made a camp fire and burned all my esotericall books,this has been over 14  years now.

While burning these, a weight fell off me and I felt freed, and yes i was freed, this gave God more room to work in my life .

As I showed obedience to Him and His Word, He in turn,was able to work more profoundly in my life.

These cards and any thing else esoterical is a hindrance in our walk with God.

God clearly warns us that they are an abomination.:

“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

“You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes.

Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God, ...

So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance. He did not seek guidance from the Lord. Therefore the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.

But there was a man named Simon, who had previously practiced magic in the city and amazed the people of Samaria, saying that he himself was somebody great. They all paid attention to him, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the power of God that is called Great.” And they paid attention to him because for a long time he had amazed them with his magic. But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Even Simon himself believed, and after being baptized he continued with Philip. And seeing signs and great miracles performed, he was amazed.

And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?20 To the law and to this testimony! if they do not speak according to this WORD , it is because there is no light in them.

But the magicians of Egypt did the same by their secret arts. So Pharaoh's heart remained hardened, and he would not listen to them, as the Lord had said.

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

And this became known to all the residents of Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks. And fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was extolled. Also many of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices. And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver.***

And I will cut off sorceries from your hand, and you shall have no more tellers of fortunes;

1 Samuel 15:23 ESV / 111 helpful votes

For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has also rejected you from being king.”

Or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead,12 for all who do those things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you. 13 you  shall be blameless before the Lord.

14"For those nations which you will disspossess listened to soothsayers and diviners, but as for you, the Lord your God has not appointed such for you

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

And they burned their sons and their daughters as offerings and used divination and omens and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.

And say, Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the women who sew magic bands upon all wrists, and make veils for the heads of persons of every stature, in the hunt for souls! Will you hunt down souls belonging to my people and keep your own souls alive?

So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your fortune-tellers, or your sorcerers, who are saying to you, ‘You shall not serve the king of Babylon.’

Exodus 7:10-12 ESV / 95 helpful votes

So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lord commanded. Aaron cast down his staff before Pharaoh and his servants, and it became a serpent. Then Pharaoh summoned the wise men and the sorcerers, and they, the magicians of Egypt, also did the same by their secret arts. For each man cast down his staff, and they became serpents. But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs.

And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God, for these nations, which you are about to dispossess, listen to fortune-tellers and to diviners. But as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do this.

“Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead,

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

And the spirit of the Egyptians within them will be emptied out, and I will confound their counsel; and they will inquire of the idols and the sorcerers, and the mediums and the necromancers;

But the magicians did the same by their secret arts and made frogs come up on the land of Egypt.

As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling.

“If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of slavery, to make you leave the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

These two things shall come to you in a moment, in one day; the loss of children and widowhood shall come upon you in full measure, in spite of your many sorceries and the great power of your enchantments.

Acts 16:16-18

As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.

For you have rejected your people, the house of Jacob, because they are full of things from the east and of fortune-tellers like the Philistines, and they strike hands with the children of foreigners.

Romans 12:2 ESV / 65 helpful votes

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  148

8 hours ago, Davida said:

The best way to get rid of those cards if they cannot burn them is to pray over them asking that GOD bind any demons that are attached to them &  to destroy the cards by tearing them up in small pieces.      

I put the angel cards I had in a paper bag and put them in the rubbish to go to the dump.  I hope that was okay but I didn't really know what to do with them when I got rid of them over a year ago, I just wanted them out of the house.  

Edited by Lavender
More details
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Lavender said:

I put my ones in a paper bag and put them in the rubbish to go to the dump.  I hope that was okay but I didn't really know what to do with them when I got rid of them, I just wanted them out of the house.  

It's best to burn them, but that would be about the second best thing.....   mainly so someone else doesn't get them.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Lavender

Recently the Lord convicted me about anything that was in my house that wasn't uplifting to Him.  I went through all our videos, DVDs, CDs etc. and removed and threw away a lot of stuff.  I only kept things that I knew would be a good witness for those coming after me to find.  Some of the DVDs I hadn't even watched yet (some comedy stuff) and were still in their packaging.  I don't think we have any books that are bad, but will be going through these as well.   As our daughter keeps being attacked in her body with illness, I am going to recommend the same thing to her.  (It doesn't mean I think it's because of this, or not, but it could be; I don't know.  It's just best she doesn't have anything unrighteous in her house.)  Bless you, my dear, for getting rid of these things.  We do not need "Christian" Tarot cards - we only need His Love and His Word to witness.:)

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  148

12 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Bless you, my dear, for getting rid of these things.  We do not need "Christian" Tarot cards - we only need His Love and His Word to witness.:)

I had angel cards which I got rid of over a year ago.  I haven't had anything like that since.  I pray that your daughter gets better.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

@georgie_02

When I was unsaved, I used to use ordinary playing cards to foretell my future. I used them for answers to questions etc. 

When I got saved, I was strongly convicted of the wrongness of this. 

No matter how nice its dressed up in religious type wording, using anything to divine the future is wrong. The cards you have go against what the Lord says. He explicitly forbids divination. 

Please, I urge you to stop doing this. I urge you to toss out those cards. Do not listen to anyone who says its ok to do this.

These cards and the use of them is just another one of the abominations creeping in to the church. Do not be fooled. It is bad.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, Davida said:

I totally agree with you on this. Your post is very important and not just for Hazard, it is for all mature Christians to get this.  The dangers listed are  a spiritual fact and most People do not realize that this is the spiritual reality whether they are aware of it or not.  Real spiritual discernment has degrees of sensitivity and awareness & some people are born with more sensitivity to the spiritual realm then others and for some they had their spiritual awareness increase because of dabbling in spiritual things. The best way to get rid of those cards if they cannot burn them is to pray over them asking that GOD bind any demons that are attached to them &  to destroy the cards by tearing them up in small pieces.  Warning though -Do not burn up cursed spiritual objects in your barbeque where you would be cooking food. Either burn it in a pit, or metal pail or shred them up & pray over them & ask for God's protection and help to deliver the object & dispose of these demonic spirits safely. You will want to get rid of the metal pail too if you use one to burn them up.      

Light a bon fire !!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1