• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/18/2017 at 9:04 AM, Davida said:

I totally agree with you on this. Your post is very important and not just for Hazard, it is for all mature Christians to get this.  The dangers listed are  a spiritual fact and most People do not realize that this is the spiritual reality whether they are aware of it or not.  Real spiritual discernment has degrees of sensitivity and awareness & some people are born with more sensitivity to the spiritual realm then others and for some they had their spiritual awareness increase because of dabbling in spiritual things. The best way to get rid of those cards if they cannot burn them is to pray over them asking that GOD bind any demons that are attached to them &  to destroy the cards by tearing them up in small pieces.  Warning though -Do not burn up cursed spiritual objects in your barbeque where you would be cooking food. Either burn it in a pit, or metal pail or shred them up & pray over them & ask for God's protection and help to deliver the object & dispose of these demonic spirits safely. You will want to get rid of the metal pail too if you use one to burn them up.      

Thank you, and that's good advice! I wouldn't have thought of don't burn them in the BBQ, but you're right. I was thinking fire was a good way to dispose of them, though.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:20 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

I am sure the early church was never going to read those books ever again,  But got them outta they houses and burned them for all to see.

Burn them cards and burn them well done BBQ  , cept don't eat the remains.   You be blessed.

I think the early church set a great precedent on what to do with occult things. They burned them. It's in the Bible. So yes, I think burning them is good, except like Davida said, don't ACTUALLY BBQ them; burn them somewhere else! :)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/18/2017 at 10:04 AM, Davida said:

Warning though -Do not burn up cursed spiritual objects in your barbeque where you would be cooking food. Either burn it in a pit, or metal pail or shred them up & pray over them & ask for God's protection and help to deliver the object & dispose of these demonic spirits safely. You will want to get rid of the metal pail too if you use one to burn them up.      

From the physical standpoint of not burning things in your grill that might have ink, chemicals, or other residues, there is a physical safety consideration of not introducing toxic stuff into your food.  This makes sense.

From the standpoint of completely getting rid of something (in every possible form) so that you no longer think about it or have any connection with it, that makes some sense as well.  But, our spiritual freedom comes from the authority of Christ, not in physically purging every last molecule (which is physically impossible anyway) of particular items.  

From the standpoint of demons remaining attached to physical residue of any form, I think that is starting to get sort of weird.  The authority which is in the name of Jesus through His shed blood and resurrection is what gives the Christian power over such things.  As soon as Christians start having to follow exact rules for "proper disposal of occult items" in order to be "sure" that the demons are gone, I think we're starting to get into the same game as occult people where it is about using the proper "rituals" to have spiritual power and authority over things.  Part of what God condemns with the occult is the association of spiritual power, authority, and guidance with following arcane rituals with arcane rules instead of seeking Him.   Having to closely adhere to particular "guidelines" for proper disposal of demons is not all that different from the very occult behavior that we are condemning.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Your opinion in the beginning of this thread was to Not Even to recognize that the use of these Cards Was DIVINATION in the first place nor that it is clearly CONDEMNED by GOD in the BIBLE . You were saying perhaps it was a good way to "REACH" people? How is it ever a good thing to disobey the word of God & use a method that is condemned in the Bible and justify it?  To DOWN PLAY the spiritual danger is just spiritual naivety and is Unwise. No one is saying there are specific guidelines. FYI, it is Bethel church that MADE things GET WEIRD because they preach the doctrines of devils and they open demonic doorways by using demonic spiritual techniques & that should be where the concern should be placed. Those that warn others should not be the ones to have to defend themselves against criticism from those that lacked the discernment to know using these Cards are very bad news in the first place.

I was trying to sincerely advise the safest way to dispose of it without defiling the place a person cooks food -so please excuse me for caring about others. It just shows lack of spiritual maturity and spiritual discernment try to discredit those who merely try to warn others, which is why those that have by the grace of GOD come through some spiritual trials & have learned a greater degree of spiritual discernment the hard way, tend to not share the cautions  & warnings. I am sure those that needed my words of caution will hear it, the Lord will give them the grace to understand.   

I commend you on your concern for others.  My concern was that a person reading the instructions given might be left with the impression that a Christian's authority in Christ was inadequate to deal with demons and that various physical steps were required to do so.  I agree that some physical steps may be helpful for some people to separate themselves from things.  However, I was concerned with the phrasing that a person with prior occult involvement might view their liberation from demons as not being based primarily on Christ's authority but rather primarily based on physically getting rid of things.

For those who did not read my initial post in this thread, I'd like to clarify what I said lest someone think I am pro-occult practices.  Please note that my first post did NOT defend the practice.  My first post was an honest attempt to ask questions about what was or was not being done by those people.  Is this indeed out and out occultism (which is clearly problematic)?  Or was this some type of weird attempt to reach people using new age language?   I've nowhere defended occult practices.  I have however often asked questions about whether serious accusations are indeed based on fact or are not.  For example, in one of the Christmas threads where some RCC church was basically falsely accused of having put up a Joseph and Joseph gay nativity scene, I tried to bring this to people's attention.  The bottom line is that a few posts in that thread probably meet the legal definition of libel and those certainly were unchristian examples of making false innuendos.

12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the Lord thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14 then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15 thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.   Deut 13:12-15 AV

I personally do not think that randomly linking to various accusations without doing a lot of research beforehand constitutes "enquire, make search, or ask diligently".   Frankly, I've seen too many Christians contending for the faith so zealously that they take quotes, actions, and words out of context to create the wrong impression.  In essence, they are so convinced a particular person or group is so deceptive and evil that the polemist assumes that they are liars and deceivers so that it is okay to always assume the worst about them.  It is assumed that the target has something to hide, therefore anything the least bit questionable is assumed to be true.   In the case of Christalign, I would like to find out if they are indeed some new agers (who are not Christians at all) or if they are Christians who are trying (in a definitely debatable manner) to use new age language to describe the typical praying for people and giving spiritual advice to people that most Christians do with unsaved people.  I see a huge difference between the two.  In one case, it is a matter of having nothing to do with them due to occult practices.  In the other case, it is more of a matter of, "hey guys, we don't think you should be doing outreach that way because it causes way too much confusion."

Confrontation as practiced by patient mature Christians is a necessity and great blessing in the Body of Christ.  However, confrontation as practiced by smite-first apologize-later zealous Christians does more damage than it does good.  Smite-first apologize-later types drive me nuts because I often end up finding myself keeping a lynch mob off of someone who I have problems with myself.  I then end up being assumed to agree with the target on all matters.  I strongly dislike seeing several accusations against someone of which only a few end up being validated.  It means that most of what is being said about someone is false.  Instead of putting forth a strong word that clearly points out something that is clearly wrong, a muddy mixture of truth, innuendo, error, and confusion is put out.   Each time a false accusation or innuendo (like the Joseph-Joseph nativity scene being implied to be put up by a RCC church) is put out on this site without being confronted and repudiated, it causes all of us here to lose credibility.  There are many things one could have a legitimate issue with the RCC church about, but claiming that a particular one was pro-gay marriage, put up a gay nativity scene, and then lied about the reason they changed a sign is not one of them.   Each time someone repeats and assumes the validity of each and every accusation without researching it themselves, we lose our ability to effectively to confront anyone  Each time a false accusation is tossed out as fact, and then later retracted with a "well, I should have done my research first" (or worse yet never acknowledged or retracted), it lessens our ability to declare truth and lessens people's trust and confidence in us when we do have a serious accusation to make.   We become the proverbial boy who cried wolf one too many times to people.

In my opinion, a fundamental part of effective spiritual confrontation is confronting and exposing sloppy confrontation and holding those who want to practice confrontation to a high standard.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shiloh357

So the same group that is doing the tarot cards is now participating in weird pagan topless dancing parties.   (No inappropriate stuff is shown) ~ Shiloh

What you’re about to see is a brief video from Christalignment’s own YouTube page; (here’s the original uncensored version… which was removed the same day as this article). Their description says this: “Every evening the team offer drumming/dancing free workshops which are so much fun and have plenty of good vibes. We believe this is an important expression of community and oneness in the whole tribe.”

What the Bethel-approved ministry Christalignment fails to mention is that some of the women in this video are dancing topless to this tribal drumbeat; one of them puts her shirt on near the beginning while another happily dances topless the whole time, while the Christalignment team smiles and laughs as they pound the drums. Putting the best possible spin on this, someone could say that the topless woman just suddenly appeared and it isn’t Christalignment’s fault… but Christalignment made the deliberate decision to film this and then load it onto their YouTube channel.

http://pulpitandpen.org/2018/01/06/charismatic-group-posts-topless-spirit-dance-as-part-of-their-evangelism-strategy/

Topless dancing in a drum circle is DEFINITELY Pagan, so we know for sure the Enemy inspired this one. :(

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Deviation and distortion of the faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 12/16/2017 at 11:06 AM, GandalfTheWise said:

I'd appreciate it if you could provide more information about this.  I tried doing some internet searches on this and found the main christalignment.org site, a list of events where the Hodges (my impression is that they are leaders in this) give seminars on sharing the gospel in nontraditional ways with counter culture groups, and a few articles highly critical of this.

I'm trying to figure out how much of this is a nontraditional way to try to talk to people (who would otherwise have nothing to do with anything Christian) using art work and nontraditional language, getting people to talk about themselves and their lives, and then offering to pray with them and give them spiritual counsel, and how much of this is potentially occult stuff that is just plain weird.

The people with Christalignment are certainly going into places and meeting and talking with people that most Christians have few dealings with.  Their description (from their site) on attending the 2017 Queer Expo was "Our team was able to give love, gain understanding and engage at a deeper level. As usual, we found that people the world over, long and hunger for the same things, have the same heart needs, the same life needs and still reach out to be touched by the Divine.Our lifestyle choices often do not cloud our searching for the very basic connection to a creator who loves, a creator who comes in a personal way, a creator who answers the intimate need of the human heart."

I'm not going to rush to judgement on this without knowing more.  Is this merely using a personality survey (based on artwork instead of written questions) to get people to start talking about themselves?  Or is it occultic?  There are those people in the world that feel that God and His people hate them and want nothing to do with Him or any of His people.  Is this a way of using nontraditional language to try to express to them that there is indeed a Creator than made them, loves them, and wants to do work in their lives?  Or is this some oddball new agers that stepped foot in a church a few times and appropriated a bit of the language and symbolism?

Simply put.....One cannot Christianize the demonic, Tarot cards are, in any form, demonic....