Unfailing Presence

Post - Tribulation Purposelessness

27 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

A Servant Is Not Greater Than His Master (Acts 16:1-10/Jn.15:18-21)

The servant is not greater than his master; if our Master suffered and allowed Himself to be tortured, then, we will not escape passing through similar experiences since we have declared and decided to follow Him. But one thing is certain, if Jesus could not be destroyed or overcome by the persecutions He encountered, then, we too will not be destroyed so long as we remain in Him.

Jesus promised his disciples the night before he was crucified that their lot was to be no different than His. Jesus said: “No servant is greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also!”

No tribulation required  .

Christians were , persecuted ,  tortured  & killed yesterday .

Christians are being , persecuted , tortured , & killed as we speak . 

Christians will be tortured , persecuted , & killed tomorrow. 

That has been going on for 2000 years .

This estimation of the  tribulation judgement's purpose is confusion & disorder with no purpose at all in  context of lives lived by  all believers for 2000 years 

• Thumbs Up 2

I removed some bickering. Please try to keep it clean.

3 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I'm just wondering what you consider tribulation.

Would you consider Jesus being nailed to a cross as tribulation?

I consider it to be   ,  " the time of Jacob's trouble ."   ( Jeremiah  30 : 7 )

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

http://biblehub.com/daniel/7-25.htm

Do you consider this three and a half years that these saints are oppressed to be tribulation?

I believe the signing of the peace treaty with Israel that allows the rebuilding of the Temple to be the beginning of the " tribulation "

8 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

I believe the signing of the peace treaty with Israel that allows the rebuilding of the Temple to be the beginning of the " tribulation "

So you consider the signing of a peace treaty to be tribulation and the persecution of saints is not?

9 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you consider the signing of a peace treaty to be tribulation and the persecution of saints is not?

They are both part of it . It is going to be quite multi - faceted .

All pretribbers that I have heard try to equate the Great Tribulation with the Wrath of God. Nothing in the Scriptures says this, but that makes no difference to them.

The Great Tribulation effects the Church. It is ALLOWED by God to take place, but it is not CAUSED by God, but rather by Satan and his earthly minions.

God's Wrath is poured out on the latter, but only AFTER the Church is removed, "immediately AFTER the tribulation." Matt. 24:29

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

All pretribbers that I have heard try to equate the Great Tribulation with the Wrath of God. Nothing in the Scriptures says this, but that makes no difference to them.

The Great Tribulation effects the Church. It is ALLOWED by God to take place, but it is not CAUSED by God, but rather by Satan and his earthly minions.

God's Wrath is poured out on the latter, but only AFTER the Church is removed, "immediately AFTER the tribulation." Matt. 24:29

I agree , the "time of Jacob's trouble "  is not the " wrath of God " . 

• Thumbs Up 1