Unfailing Presence

Post - Tribulation Purposelessness

11 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

You are not reading what I said .

There is no place between the front & back covers of the bible where God gives up an entire group of faithful , obedient people to a specific judgement . 

And you can't name one . 

Who said God has to take anyone out of the world in order to protect them?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

The coming tribulation period is for unbelievers to experience the Lord's wrath

Some will repent and turn during the period, but not many

57 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Who said God has to take anyone out of the world in order to protect them?

God has said .

He said that this period  ,  " such as was not from the beginning of the creation .."  will not offer any protection for anyone  . 

The " affliction " will impact all upon the earth  .

We know that all are being equally slaughtered because Jesus has said that except those days be brought to an abrupt end ,  " no flesh should be saved " ( Mark 13 : 19 ) .

" no flesh should be saved " by definition means there are none " protected "  . 

Only by God " shortening "  " those days "   is anyone saved , or  " protected " .

Jesus said it   .

"  For in those days shall be affliction , such as was not from the beginning of the creation 

which God created unto this time , neither shall be  .

And except that the Lord had shortened those days , no flesh should be saved , but for the elect's 

sake , whom He hath chosen , He hath shortened the days . "             ( Mark 13 : 19 - 20 )

1 hour ago, Unfailing Presence said:

God has said .

He said that this period  ,  " such as was not from the beginning of the creation .."  will not offer any protection for anyone  . 

The " affliction " will impact all upon the earth  .

We know that all are being equally slaughtered because Jesus has said that except those days be brought to an abrupt end ,  " no flesh should be saved " ( Mark 13 : 19 ) .

" no flesh should be saved " by definition means there are none " protected "  . 

Only by God " shortening "  " those days "   is anyone saved , or  " protected " .

Jesus said it   .

"  For in those days shall be affliction , such as was not from the beginning of the creation 

which God created unto this time , neither shall be  .

And except that the Lord had shortened those days , no flesh should be saved , but for the elect's 

sake , whom He hath chosen , He hath shortened the days . "             ( Mark 13 : 19 - 20 )

So you agree the elect have not been taken out of the world but have continued till the end

They continued through tribulation,through the time of the beast,through the time of the false prophet.God kept them through all temptation.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you agree the elect have not been taken out of the world but have continued till the end

They continued through tribulation,through the time of the beast,through the time of the false prophet.God kept them through all temptation.

Yes the  " elect "  . 

The  " church " ,  not so much .

Two completely different animals . 

" elect 1. chosen deliberately , singled out "  ( American Heritage College Dictionary )

The  " elect " being God's  chosen faithful Jews  pre-dating the " church " 

" For Jacob my servant's sake , and Israel MINE ELECT . I have called thee by thy name . "  ( Isaiah 45 : 4 )

The " elect " being distinguished as God's faithful CHOSEN  people long before Jesus appeared in the flesh to establish His " church ":

" ..I will build my CHURCH , and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it . "   ( Matthew 16 : 18 )

This is why when Jesus speaks of  these believing Jews in this time of  " affliction " , He refers to Them exactly as He did in the Old Testament , being both " chosen "  &  " elect ".

" .....but for the ELECT'S sake , whom He hath " CHOSEN "  ( Mark 13 : 20 )

Two things a saved gentile  of the " CHURCH " like me  can never lay claim to . 

8 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Yes the  " elect "  . 

The  " church " ,  not so much .

Two completely different animals . 

" elect 1. chosen deliberately , singled out "  ( American Heritage College Dictionary )

The  " elect " being God's  chosen faithful Jews  pre-dating the " church " 

" For Jacob my servant's sake , and Israel MINE ELECT . I have called thee by thy name . "  ( Isaiah 45 : 4 )

The " elect " being distinguished as God's faithful CHOSEN  people long before Jesus appeared in the flesh to establish His " church ":

" ..I will build my CHURCH , and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it . "   ( Matthew 16 : 18 )

This is why when Jesus speaks of  these believing Jews in this time of  " affliction " , He refers to Them exactly as He did in the Old Testament , being both " chosen "  &  " elect ".

" .....but for the ELECT'S sake , whom He hath " CHOSEN "  ( Mark 13 : 20 )

Two things a saved gentile  of the " CHURCH " like me  can never lay claim to . 

If I'm not mistaken the word church means An assembly and Jesus said the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

Seeing his church comes from hates meaning the grave,Jesus is speaking of the resurrection.Not of a pretribulation rapture.lol

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

You are not reading what I said .

There is no place between the front & back covers of the bible where God gives up an entire group of faithful , obedient people to a specific judgement . 

And you can't name one . 

Lot and his family, Gods wrath went out in the midst of them. Every city in the jordan valley got destroyed except for 1

4 hours ago, inchrist said:

Lot and his family, Gods wrath went out in the midst of them. Every city in the jordan valley got destroyed except for 1

Lot and his wife's  fondness for the city of  Sodom , do not reflect the intent of being " faithful & obedient " as I stated .