• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Ephesians chapter 6 verse 12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

I don't understand how we can do anything about spiritual forces of evil, or do we just accept it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, john1 said:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

I don't understand how we can do anything about spiritual forces of evil, or do we just accept it.

Read Ephesians 6:13-17 to protect us from Satan. And keep it on all the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Remember what JESUS said ,  i give thee power over such things.   just remember not to rejoice in the power , but be humble and rejoice rather that your name is wrote above.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

hello john i wonder if this might be useful.

Jacob Prasch Spiritual Warfare What it is and what it isnt 1:14:01

i cant give the direct link but if you cut and paste this on youtube. this is so helpful. as the only thing i ever got as advice was not much better than new age visualisation but in this video Jacob explains it very well imo. the scriptures are good but i find having a better understanding helps of the subject

oh btw always always check things out when ever anyone including myself make any recomendations. test all things in the spirit

Edited by existential mabel

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,826
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/17/2017 at 11:26 AM, john1 said:

Hello john1, I can only say that everyone who reads this passage might misunderstood it and will get feared believing some strange things, many strange things out of his own imaginationl. 

It is of importance to considered that the apostle Paul wrote this after he had quite a few trouble experiences, and was prosecuted and suffer as a result of bringing to people the good knews. 

Paul found out the hard way from the beginning of his ministry, and for his own past , that people have roots in their community and cultural affiliations and because they draw support from them as a result are ruled by them. 

To start with the leaders of his own people the Jews, their rulers who had authority over the nation and the comunities and influence everything in the livehood of the people they ruled, those they were the enemies of the Gospel, those are the enemies which Paul one time served. 

Those are the people who had the power to punish and exocuminicate , cast out people from their families , businesses and communities, making it unbearable to live among their own and that because they had forsaken their Jewish beliefs and now are Christians, or believers in Jesus Christ. 

Even today and not only among Jewish families and comunities, that was an example because Paul was from that background and had experienced both , to prosecute and be prosecuted. 

Even within a Christian family, if a member change the family traditions, and joins some other faith or even another culture of the same faith may be looked upon as poluted and will be avoided by the leaders of the family and the social sircle of the family and the comunity. 

Paul experience the rath of the priest of Artemis and those of her followers even those who had a lot to loose from those who believe in Jesus Christ. 

They will stoped bying their religious statutes, and stoped participating in their ocults holidays. 

So Pauls tries to show to the evangelist, that it is not just the understanding of the individual to recone with when they give the Gospel to individuals, but to expect opposition from the rulers and the established authorities in the comunity and the family. 

Paul understood that the result may be to have a lot of secret believers, who pretent to follow in the tranditions of the family just not to be seperated from their spouses and children, and suffer hunger......

But in their heart they cherish  the faith of Jesus Christ. 

Paul in his ministry had also to deal with the magicians and sorserers, and assasins, the defenders of the local cultures. 

The most common way of assassination was to poisson someone. 

Jesus Christ who foreshaw those things, he said to his disciples: I sent you like ship among wolfs, in your ignorance you will dring their poisson but it won't hurt you, and it will be as a sign to them that the power that is with you and works in you, it is the power of life, that delivers from death unto life. 

As in the phycical death cannot come to believers in Jesus Christ even if they were fed in ignorance poisson, so is in the spiritual those who have the life of Jesus Christ remain in the life even if they are beaten by poissonus snakes, which was another common way of assasinating people that time. 

That's why Jesus instructed the disciples not to look just for the prominent people to give the Gospel, but to look for the people who do not have strong tides with the rulers, those who for some reasons have distance them selfs from the established authorities. 

Jesus said: you could not find many in the established environments, now go to the high ways and the byways and bring them to me, so my banquet can be full.......

I have come to understand that even established people who somehow are not satisfied from their own tranditions and are thirsty for something else can be reseptable and drawn to the Gospel, those who follow in their tranditions with cold feet. 

Paul wanted to emphasize anywhere we go to bring the good knews, we will meet the guardians , the diffenders of the local coultures waching out and ready to punish those who evade their communities and try to abduct their sheep with the word of life. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 11:26 AM, john1 said:

The Spiritual battle is not our war. It is between Satan, his minions and God. Satan tries to use us (in the flesh) to win. To defeat us and God. However, if we are with God we need not fear, for God has already won.

So we have been warned that the flesh/carnal things will be used against us. We should understand and accept that.

But......

How we can do anything about the Spiritual forces of evil?

We stay focused on/in God.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Hmm good one, how about the even more difficult part of the verse (the evil spirits in the heavenly realms)

Edited by BeyondET