• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Fair enough. As for me I like cheese and ice cream too much to be vegan. But I lost my taste for meat a long time ago.

And here I have lost my taste for lemon grass, and wheat germ. Go figure eh?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Here it is only Monday morning and I can hardly wait until next Sunday afternoon after church.   There is this little clean Greek restaurant nearby that serves the finest lamb shank. It is a really well prepared meal.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, brakelite said:

Vegan before the fall.....vegan in heaven. Why not prepare your taste buds now?

Oh brother. Now you WILL have an argument..

Wait for it...

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Did God not know of the fall  before it happened? Is God not sovereign over all things?

Yes and Yes.

Could not God create many creatures the way He did, and whenever  he has, for his own reasons?  

Yes.

Has  God not created some creatures that can only consume (Eat chew digest) meats? Whoa, when did He create them? After the fall of mankind?

That is a loaded question like "have you stopped beating your wife?"

You are assuming and presupposing that some animals have ALWAYS been carnivorous.

Can an alligator eat grass? Can a cow eat deer? Why can a man eat grass, cows, alligators, and most anything that doesn't eat him first?

First question: Not now they can't. Second question: i am not going to answer such a stupid question. Third question: Similar answer to the second question.

I think it is because God has known from before the beginning, and that which He has foreknown He also has predestined; however I do wonder about the common housefly. Why the fly, before the fall, really?

Your questions are really stupid. Sorry.

I agree with your first statement.

re: fly. If your question is "Why did God create flies" ( you really need to make your questions more comprehensible ), my answer is "i do not know"

Why any critter that breeds and births on dead things? When did God create them? 

Again, you are presupposing that that animals have ALWAYS been the way we see them NOW.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:00 AM, jdnate said:

Welcome Fam,

My curiosity was sparked when reading the Book of Genesis about the beginnings of creation itself. Within the first chapter, most notably the ending of it, the Bible reads, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beast of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground -everything that has the breath of life in it -I give every green plant for food." -Genesis 1:29-30 NIV

With this small portion of knowledge, it can be noted that mankind was constructed to be overseers of Earth, but also noting that our only source of food was that of the trees, bushes, plants, and all the was considered vegetation. Giving the norm that mankind was once only vegan and vegan alone. I am more than sure the same rules applied to the beast and animals that roamed the earth at the time, but my question here is not whether or not we we're, but if we should in todays day and age. Moreover, I would love to hear if anyone agrees with my statement above, I will certainly love everyones opinion on this subject. 

Continuing on this matter, is why give us the need of food? In other words, why did God make us in his image, but with the ability of eating daily to survive? In this sense, we we're victims of starvation, right? And if that implies, then why create something that needs to be refueled? What is the hidden purpose of this?

There is much more to discuss here but I rather leave it to that to have a conversation start, for as my mind is baffled on such interesting topics. Feel free to express yourself on the notion and hope to hear from many of you.

-J.D.

Jesus, in His resurrected glorified body ate fish;

Luke 24:40, And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
    41, And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye any MEAT? 
    42, And they gave Him a piece of broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
    43, And He took it and did eat before them. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/17/2017 at 6:00 PM, jdnate said:

Continuing on this matter, is why give us the need of food? In other words, why did God make us in his image, but with the ability of eating daily to survive? In this sense, we we're victims of starvation, right? And if that implies, then why create something that needs to be refueled? What is the hidden purpose of this?

To depend on Him.   Rely on Him for all things. "Faith required", trusting the Heavenly Father EVERY DAY for sustenance and breath and life and hope and overflowing Peace, Joy and Righteousness that the world cannot in any way touch nor understand nor take away.

The heathen gentiles do worry about food and clothing and such things, but Jesus told all the disciples not to worry about such things like the heathen do, because our Father in heaven knows all that we have need of, and has made extravagantly generous provisions for all of our needs (even before He created the world and all that is in it,  He Planned Perfectly All Such Things Totally and Completely) ...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Did God not know of the fall  before it happened? Is God not sovereign over all things?

Could not God create many creatures the way He did, and whenever  he has, for his own reasons?  

Has  God not created some creatures that can only consume (Eat chew digest) meats? Whoa, when did He create them? After the fall of mankind?

Can an alligator eat grass? Can a cow eat deer? Why can a man eat grass, cows, alligators, and most anything that doesn't eat him first?

I think it is because God has known from before the beginning, and that which He has foreknown He also has predestined; however I do wonder about the common housefly. Why the fly, before the fall, really?

Why any critter that breeds and births on dead things? When did God create them? 

God placed a curse on the earth and animals because of the fall and the serpents involvement.

Gen 3:14, And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

This curse will remain until after the tribulation when Christ will remove it but the serpent will remain cursed even during the millennium rule.

(Isa. 65:25), "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpents meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

13 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

God placed a curse on the earth and animals because of the fall and the serpents involvement.

Gen 3:14, And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

This curse will remain until after the tribulation when Christ will remove it but the serpent will remain cursed even during the millennium rule.

(Isa. 65:25), "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpents meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

And the lion will chew it's cud, have no upper incisors, and have flat molars? Should be interesting, but why not!

58 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

Yes and Yes.

Yes.

That is a loaded question like "have you stopped beating your wife?"

You are assuming and presupposing that some animals have ALWAYS been carnivorous.

First question: Not now they can't. Second question: i am not going to answer such a stupid question. Third question: Similar answer to the second question.

Your questions are really stupid. Sorry.

I agree with your first statement.

re: fly. If your question is "Why did God create flies" ( you really need to make your questions more comprehensible ), my answer is "i do not know"

Again, you are presupposing that that animals have ALWAYS been the way we see them NOW.

Not presupposing anything, but an audience  of Christians given some degree of wisdom, people that do not call each other stupid, but hey I should know better by know, eh?:rolleyes:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And the lion will chew it's cud, have no upper incisors, and have flat molars? Should be interesting, but why not!

The cat who refuses to eat meat - creation.com

creation.com/the-cat-who-refuses-to-eat-meat
Apr 28, 2009 - Miss Page insists that Dante does not supplement his diet with wild prey. Not only has she never seen him stalking anything living (only bits of string) but, she says, he hates to even go outside. Also, Page keeps “three chickens, a rabbit, two guinea pigs, a rat, a hamster and fish at her home”, but Dante is ...

The cat who refuses to eat meat - Free Republic

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2239569/posts
Apr 28, 2009 - 21 posts - ‎15 authors

Living as we do in a cursed, post-Fall world, it's hard to imagine a cat that would refuse to eat meat—and whose palate cannot even be tempted by fish. ... Dante also turned his nose up at a serve of fish. But when he spied ... Miss Page insists that Dante does not supplement his diet with wild prey. I wonder ...