• Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The cat who refuses to eat meat - creation.com

creation.com/the-cat-who-refuses-to-eat-meat
Apr 28, 2009 - Miss Page insists that Dante does not supplement his diet with wild prey. Not only has she never seen him stalking anything living (only bits of string) but, she says, he hates to even go outside. Also, Page keeps “three chickens, a rabbit, two guinea pigs, a rat, a hamster and fish at her home”, but Dante is ...

The cat who refuses to eat meat - Free Republic

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2239569/posts
Apr 28, 2009 - 21 posts - ‎15 authors

Living as we do in a cursed, post-Fall world, it's hard to imagine a cat that would refuse to eat meat—and whose palate cannot even be tempted by fish. ... Dante also turned his nose up at a serve of fish. But when he spied ... Miss Page insists that Dante does not supplement his diet with wild prey. I wonder ...

Interesting , eh?  

Our mouser eats some kind of crunchy kibble only, won't eat any  meats/fish  that are cured or cooked, but will enjoy a mouse head if given the opportunity out on the farm. Fortunately here there are few to no mice around.

What I do find interesting is the classifications of animals into three different sets of teeth jaws and digestive systems. Some can only eat meat, some can only eat vegetation, others can manage either. Seems God had a design in mind from some point in the long distant past other than all critters are to eat grains. (Yes before the wrath of God descended upon His creation.)

Just how how does a giraffe of the future process wheat?  Guess he will have to train the monkeys to do it for him. And the rattle snake, will he coil up and strike a stalk of corn then grind it between his fangs?  Seems to me there is going to have to be some reverse engineering by our creator to make this work.

Hey maybe snakes will have legs again and we can call them lizards.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And the lion will chew it's cud, have no upper incisors, and have flat molars? Should be interesting, but why not!

Its in God's Word, good enough for me. :thumbsup:

(Isa. 65:25), "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:  and dust shall be the serpents meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

Its in God's Word, good enough for me. :thumbsup:

(Isa. 65:25), "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:  and dust shall be the serpents meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Me too, though there will be a bit of a learning curve don't ya think? Um um um that's some good oatmeal.I can see the package branding; "Adam's Own". 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/8/2018 at 3:30 PM, simplejeff said:

"Faith required", trusting the Heavenly Father EVERY DAY for sustenance and breath and life and hope and overflowing Peace, Joy and Righteousness that the world cannot in any way touch nor understand nor take away.

The heathen gentiles do worry about food and clothing and such things, but Jesus told all the disciples not to worry about such things like the heathen do, because our Father in heaven knows all that we have need of, and has made extravagantly generous provisions for all of our needs (even before He created the world and all that is in it,  He Planned Perfectly All Such Things Totally and Completely) ...

"Faith required", trusting the Heavenly Father EVERY DAY for sustenance and breath and life and hope and overflowing Peace, Joy and Righteousness that the world cannot in any way touch nor understand nor take away.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Many herbivores have ginormous incisors that put ours to shame BTW.  Those and our canine teeth are a joke; I can barely tear overcooked broccoli with them, let alone sinewy flesh.  Go look up gorilla, camel, or even saber-toothed deer fangs.  These are all animals classified as herbivores, meaning that as a general rule they eat plants.  Sure, they may eat bugs and such on occasion, but that doesn't disqualify them from being herbivores. 

Not that Harvey Diamond is particularly relevant here, but this quote from him fits: “You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.”

nullWe have broad, flattened incisors like herbivores.  Our canine teeth are short and blunt like herbivores.  Our molars are flattened with nodular cusps like herbivores.  Our saliva has carbohydrate digesting enzymes, unlike omnivores and carnivores.  We have a long and complex colon like herbivores (omnivores and carnivores have short colons so that meat doesn't rot in there...ours is 10x the length of the body instead of the omni/carni's average of 4x or so).  We have flat nails instead of sharp claws.  Genesis records that God designed us to be plant eaters before the fall. 

Because we live in a fallen world only, God seems to have allowed eating meat, but it wasn't part of his original design.  He even tells us in Isaiah that we'll all return to that way of living anyway. 

The modern way in which we raise "meat" is also incredibly inhumane.  The industries regularly does awful things like keep female pigs in gestation crates so small they can't move for months at a time, castrate without anesthetics, grind live baby chicks, etc.  We have the freedom of choice to do those things, since we have authority over them, but since when is having authority an excuse for downright abuse?  Should a husband abuse his wife "because he has authority"?  Hopefully you agree the answer is no.  Why abuse those that are in our care? 

You CAN eat meat, sure, but it's not ideal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

God told Noah he could eat living things ONLY after the flood.  Was this meant to be provisional, due to the fact that after the flood, there would not have been vegetation to eat?   It's clear that Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego thrived on a vegan diet.  

Looking at the physiology of humans, I think it's clear were were designed as plant eaters.  Our intestines are long and winding, but the intestines of omnivores are short and wide, meaning the food can be expelled quickly.   Vegans rarely suffer from constipation.  Vegans can live to be centenarians. Vegans don't have sharp incisors.  Our incisors are similar to plant eaters.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, Neighbor said:

Because God gave me cows to eat, and I am lactose intolerant and cannot utilize them for milk.

ps - Why vegan in heaven, will I eat anything but feasts on the word of God?

I think we are all lactose intolerant on some levels because we shouldn't be consuming the hormonal fluids of another mammal.  It's  weird and unnatural but it's been a part of our culture so long, we no longer see it this way.

16 minutes ago, Cletus said:

i do not know for certain if man was made to be a vegan or not, but i fully support veganism 100% all the way.....   more meat for me.  :clap:

That makes absolutely no sense.   

The starving of the world could be fed if people did not share the attitude that you seem to have.  

Unfortunately the rich of the world seem to have to indulge in meat all day every day.

It's sad.  The love has grown cold.

Ironically, read your signature quote.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

23 minutes ago, artsylady said:

That makes absolutely no sense.   

The starving of the world could be fed if people did not share the attitude that you seem to have.  

Unfortunately the rich of the world seem to have to indulge in meat all day every day.

It's sad.  The love has grown cold.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations— 21 “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch” 22 (referring to things that all perish as they are used)—according to human precepts and teachings? 23 These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.

God bless

Edited by wingnut-