IGNORED

Was Mankind Made To Be Vegan?

1 minute ago, artsylady said:

I grew up on a farm.  I had a friend with a dairy farm.  I know what happens.  I turned a blind eye as a kid.  It was just what was done.  You are only feeding those animals to kill them.  If you are on a factory farm, you KNOW what a dairy cows udders and like.  You know they cry for their babies for day.

I can see why you are defensive as your livelihood depends on it.  There are many former animal farmers who are changing their minds.  Maybe God is calling you to also.  ??

Do you understand what I mean about hermeneutics?

You need to stop judging! I have reported your insults and insinuations. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Where does it say I am closing a thread?  Lol  Wow, see?  I will leave now and maybe you can take some time and reread what I have said so you can understand what I mean.

2 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

You need to stop judging! I have reported your insults and insinuations. 

You need to calm down.  I hope you do.  I am not insulting you. I am saying that clearly, you have a vested interest in proving me wrong. 

And personally, I don't mind being proven wrong. If you can, kudos to you.   I want to be as right as I can be in this lifetime and if you can change my mind, then that's great.  This world is filled with confusion and people are at polar opposite viewpoints with each other.    In any case, we should be able to speak with respect.  If nothing else, if you want to learn how to talk to other vegans who are not Christian, I am at least letting you know that they are compassionate people who don't want to see animals suffering needlessly.  I hope you don't jump down their throats like you have with me.   

Peace out.

Edited by artsylady

4 minutes ago, artsylady said:

You need to calm down.  I hope you do.  I am not insulting you. I am saying that clearly, you have a vested interest in proving me wrong. 

I did prove you wrong and out of order! I posted scriptures! 

You are sinning against the Lord. 

Edited by 1sheep

5 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

I did prove you wrong and out of order! I posted scriptures! 

You are sinning aagainst the Lord. 

I posted scriptures and references also.   "Come let us reason together"... another day.  Peace out.

Edited by artsylady

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Dead Thread Revival Warning.

Let's look at some scripture.

Genesis 9:1-3  1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.  2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands.  3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

I've heard vegans say that this verse does not mean exactly what it says.  But they can never explain why.  There is nothing provisional at all about it.  As with all things, balance is the key.  It is harmful to the body to eat nothing but vegetables.  It is harmful to the body to consume too much meat.  The flood corrupted the world and mankind incurred physiological changes over time as a result.  This is why God made this adjustment.  Mankind had broken His original design and He had to install a patch to fix things until Christ could set things right with the Creation at the end.  It's a fallen world and there are bad consequences as a result.  What does Paul say about it?

1 Timothy 4:1-6 1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.   2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.  3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.  4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,  5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.  6 If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.

Curious.  Paul doesn't seem to know we are all supposed to be vegans.  Comparing human physiology to animal physiology is always a huge mistake.  This is exactly the same logic people who defend homosexuality use.

I know you're just getting here but hopefully when you see my post about hermeneutics you will understand better what I mean.

As far as the comparison point, you are comparing apples to oranges.   You're comparing behaviours, (I think) as opposed to anatomy. 

Does the design of human anatomy look like a man's parts were made to be used for a woman's parts and that the reproduction of the human depends on that?  Of course.    So, on that same token, does the human look like it's intensines and teeth look like we are carnivores or herbivores, when you look at comparables?

Yes it is a fallen world.  God said eating meat was ok.  Yes he did.  No argument here.   However, in the beginning, it was clear we were supposed to eat plants and seeds.  It's the result of the fallen world that God allowed us to eat meat.  Just like it was the result that the lion can no longer lay down with the lamb.  It WAS perfection and the fall tainted things. It's NOT the ideal.  And then for centuries after century, eating meat would have been fine, just like for centuries it was fine to have 10 wives.  But things have changed.....  in a time when humans were told to "go forth and multiply" God allowed polygamy. 

Maybe, just maybe, in these times when animals are being so badly mistreated, more than half the world is starving (can get into how meat consumption is a a majory cause), when our part of the world has access to fruits, vegetables, nutrients from around the world and can get all of our nutrients from them,  maybe just maybe, the Christians of today should exhibit extreme compassion and decide to refrain from contributing to this animal cruelty that exists on a massive scale?   

I am just asking, is it something that should be considered?  I know many will just say 'no'.  I don't understand that, but that is between God and them.   I don't judge them, although I am being accused of that.  I am just here to ask if anyone wants to see the other side of the coin and why people find the massive breeding and killing of animals for consumption is deplorable in this day and age we live in.   I'm sure most of us have non Christian vegan friends who need to be saved.  I can tell you, the thing they will relate to is our compassion.  But do we have compassion for the way we are treating God's creatures in the day and age we live?

Cobalt, reporting me?  Really????   For asking a question about love growing cold?  :(   

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

This one has ran its course and was already a revived older thread.