• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome Fam,

My curiosity was sparked when reading the Book of Genesis about the beginnings of creation itself. Within the first chapter, most notably the ending of it, the Bible reads, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beast of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground -everything that has the breath of life in it -I give every green plant for food." -Genesis 1:29-30 NIV

With this small portion of knowledge, it can be noted that mankind was constructed to be overseers of Earth, but also noting that our only source of food was that of the trees, bushes, plants, and all the was considered vegetation. Giving the norm that mankind was once only vegan and vegan alone. I am more than sure the same rules applied to the beast and animals that roamed the earth at the time, but my question here is not whether or not we we're, but if we should in todays day and age. Moreover, I would love to hear if anyone agrees with my statement above, I will certainly love everyones opinion on this subject. 

Continuing on this matter, is why give us the need of food? In other words, why did God make us in his image, but with the ability of eating daily to survive? In this sense, we we're victims of starvation, right? And if that implies, then why create something that needs to be refueled? What is the hidden purpose of this?

There is much more to discuss here but I rather leave it to that to have a conversation start, for as my mind is baffled on such interesting topics. Feel free to express yourself on the notion and hope to hear from many of you.

-J.D.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 

God told noah we could eat meat. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Our design is for meats and vegetation, unlike  herbivores we have teeth designed for both meats  and vegetation. We are Omnivores. Our digestive system is not that of a ruminant. Neither do we have the intestinal system of a carnivore. Omivores may eat whatever does not eat them first.

Carnivores cannot eat vegetation for they are not made  to digest it. 

Herbivores are not made to eat meat for they do not have upper incisors, plus their molars are designed flat for grinding.

Omnivores have both teeth  and digestive systems designed to handle most any material  they can tear into small enough pieces to swallow and they are made with molars sufficient for smashing vegetation into digestible material.

I'd say God foreknew and predestined all creatures, as well as history itself, and so He has made all things the way He has to serve His good purpose.  Just as he has for all that he has called the elect, His own.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Humans were vegetarian before the fall.

• Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

Humans were vegetarian before the fall.

Did God not know of the fall  before it happened? Is God not sovereign over all things?

Could not God create many creatures the way He did, and whenever  he has, for his own reasons?  

Has  God not created some creatures that can only consume (Eat chew digest) meats? Whoa, when did He create them? After the fall of mankind?

Can an alligator eat grass? Can a cow eat deer? Why can a man eat grass, cows, alligators, and most anything that doesn't eat him first?

I think it is because God has known from before the beginning, and that which He has foreknown He also has predestined; however I do wonder about the common housefly. Why the fly, before the fall, really?

Why any critter that breeds and births on dead things? When did God create them? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Vegan before the fall.....vegan in heaven. Why not prepare your taste buds now?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Vegan before the fall.....vegan in heaven. Why not prepare your taste buds now?

Because God gave me cows to eat, and I am lactose intolerant and cannot utilize them for milk.

ps - Why vegan in heaven, will I eat anything but feasts on the word of God?

Did God say the sacrifices of the Levites, their burnings of hay and lemon grasses were a sweet fragerance in His nostrils?

Oh wait what burning of hay and lemon grasses, eh?  Oh my,  those were animals weren't they ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Because God gave me cows to eat, and I am lactose intolerant and cannot utilize them for milk.

Fair enough. As for me I like cheese and ice cream too much to be vegan. But I lost my taste for meat a long time ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Be vegan as can be and the flesh still dies. But; not to worry the worst day of a Christian's life is also the best day, for it is a "Hello Lord God Jesus" day. In the meantime enjoy a good chunk of cow  now and again as can be afforded. And pass the   Worcestershire Sauce this way please, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1