• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

Hope someone can help me understand. Have a cousin in which 2 family members that are christians, but use God's name in vain, in conjunction with other explicatives, and behavior is like that of the world.  Then at church, they act like something else.  How can this be, and no one at church senses it or knows?

They've hurt so many people, especially my cousin Angie. I've seen them when only a few people are around they are getting away with their dual behaviors. The father allows things to go on in the house that won't be mentioned here. Angie told me a few days ago that one of the children cussed her out, and the father did not make the child apologize. There are two sides to a story, but Angie then told me she wished both were dead!!

Please pray for the family, and for me to know how help! 

Thanks

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Wow! said:

Hello,

Hope someone can help me understand. Have a cousin in which 2 family members that are christians, but use God's name in vain, in conjunction with other explicatives, and behavior is like that of the world.  Then at church, they act like something else.  How can this be, and no one at church senses it or knows?

They've hurt so many people, especially my cousin Angie. I've seen them when only a few people are around they are getting away with their dual behaviors. The father allows things to go on in the house that won't be mentioned here. Angie told me a few days ago that one of the children cussed her out, and the father did not make the child apologize. There are two sides to a story, but Angie then told me she wished both were dead!!

Please pray for the family, and for me to know how help! 

Thanks

It sounds like they are counterfeit Christians. No evidence of the fruit of the Holy Spirit. There are a ton of those around today. Very sad. How can you help? By being a Christian example. Be the person God wants you to be. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Shalom,

First and foremost, please, mind your own business, OK? For a criticism is a wrong adviser.

...thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. (Romans 2:1)

On the other hand, the GOD we serve is neither blind nor deaf.

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, Who both will bring to Light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have Praise of GOD. (1Corinthians 4:5)

Even so, first, study the Word of GOD, and second, follow it uncompromisingly. Nothing more. 

May GOD bless you.

Igor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,858
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Going to church and putting on airs can be done by anyone. Unless God has actually changed their hearts and minds after they've truly repented from a place of brokenness about their sin, they are not saved.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Dear Wow!

The Word of God tells in Matthew 7:18-21 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." 

Not everyone who professes to be a Christian is...this verse tells us we will know them by the fruit or lack of fruit and of course ultimately it is God who truly knows so that even if they profess that Jesus is their Lord - He knows if they are truly Christians or not. The fact that these relatives act as they do is an indicator of what is truly in their hearts.

Galatian 5: 22-26 goes on to say what comes out of a person if they indwelled by the Holy Spirit, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."

So ask yourself, according to these passages are they truly spirit filled Christians? Or are they only putting on a mask? God is not deceived nor mocked (Gal. 6:7). While no one can look into the hearts of men, God does and sees what is real and sincere. If they have made a profession of faith it is obvious they are not walking with the Lord nor are they representing Christ. As Christians, our goal is to be growing and conforming to the image of Christ.  Challenge them with the Word of God when it comes to their speech and use of expletives so that their argument is not with you, but with God. Ephesians 4:29 says,  "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear."

You ask for prayer and for help to know how to help - In the sending of this I have prayed for them and for you. Continue to model true Christianity to them and pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them of their sin. If they are not believers pray that God will draw them to salvation. If you know how to share the Gospel with them with love share what Christ did on the cross for them to redeem them and give them eternal life. Look at 1 John 5:11:13 this is how we know we have eternal life. Once they are believers then the Holy Spirit can convict them and begin to do a transforming work in their lives. Peace and Grace!

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 12/18/2017 at 2:13 PM, Igor Evgen said:

Shalom,

First and foremost, please, mind your own business, OK? For a criticism is a wrong adviser.

...thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. (Romans 2:1)

On the other hand, the GOD we serve is neither blind nor deaf.

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, Who both will bring to Light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have Praise of GOD. (1Corinthians 4:5)

Even so, first, study the Word of GOD, and second, follow it uncompromisingly. Nothing more. 

May GOD bless you.

Igor

Igor, your reply sounds very harsh. I am not sure you intended it to come across that way or not, but I do not believe Wow's post for help is criticism or judgment and since this affects them personally it is their business. I did not see them being judgmental at all in their plea for help. 

You are correct that we should not be judgmental and since we can not always tell who is a believer and who is not, yes, we should leave judgment to God (1 Cor. 5:12-13). I've re-read their post several times and it breaks my heart that Angie who has been on the receiving end of their treatment is reacting out of anger wishing them death. This is serious indeed and deserves our concern and prayer. 

"Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." Col. 4:6

Dear Brother in Christ, please accept this reply in the spirit it is intended not in judgment but out of desire help you see that as Colossians 4:6 states we are to respond with grace. There are also other verses too that say we need to speak the truth in love (Eph. 4:15). While as believers we do have the right to judge the household of faith (1 Cor. 5:12). I will still leave all judgment to God. Peace and Grace!

• Thumbs Up 1