IGNORED

Do we still talk about the reward in Heaven?

listener24

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus spoke a lot about the Reward in Heaven. I'd say that among the most discussed issues by Jesus, in the GOSPEL, there are:

1) Reward in Heaven

2) Risk of Hell

3) Importance of prayer (and Lord's prayer)

4) Influence of Satan in this world

5) Jesus divinity and mission

6) Second Coming

What are the most discussed topics by Christians today, if we had to write down a list? 

As you know, there are countless verses (in the Gospel) for each topic mentioned above, but focusing on the reward in Heaven, the question is: is it still an hot topic in your opinion? Is it often preached by "pastors"?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOURCE

Here are some verses in the Gospel (in which Jesus always uses the future tense):

"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for
great is your reward in heaven
:" (Jesus on basically almost all the beatitudes, Matthew 5: 1-12, Luke 6:20-26)

"It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions." (Matthew 24:46-47)

"Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:19)

Parable of the talents or minas (Matthew 25,14-30 Luke 19:12,17)

"Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father." (Matthew 13:36-43)

"However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)

Edited by listener24

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

17 minutes ago, listener24 said:

but focusing on the reward in Heaven, the question is: is it still an hot topic in your opinion? Is it often preached by pastors?

Unfortunately, no.

"So the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly.
For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light." - Luke 16:8

And to show this just compare people who are in Christ and those who are in the world. It is much easier to find people strongly dedicated to their beliefs in the world than it is on the Christian world.

• Brilliant! 1

10 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Unfortunately, no.

"So the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly.
For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light." - Luke 16:8

And to show this just compare people who are in Christ and those who are in the world. It is much easier to find people strongly dedicated to their beliefs in the world than it is on the Christian world.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not surprised by those dedicated only to the world.

But I was wondering about Christians who should keep the "lamp" lighting up the world.

If they are doing that with Jesus' words, or they think they have found better topics to discuss than the Master's ones.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Being in the presence of Jesus Christ and to be given our rewards that He will give us for our faithfulness is our biggest hope. There will be different rewards in heaven and I think there will be more rewards than God wants to reveal in the bible.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

7 hours ago, listener24 said:

But I was wondering about Christians who should keep the "lamp" lighting up the world.

If they are doing that with Jesus' words, or they think they have found better topics to discuss than the Master's ones.

Seeking for more fruits of the Holy Spirit, which is something all Christians can do, but still only a few are exercising that. Many make excuses like: "But the Lord is already working, it will happen on His time".

Do you remember when I said to you?! That if we are willing to help the worker, He will do it much faster.

Then, my beloved brothers and sisters I strongly recommend you do just that: SEEK FOR MORE!

"By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." - John 15:8

While people in the world seeks for more and more to increase their knowledge in possessions, money, travels, sports, games, etc... Can you see the difference?!

In Jesus' name: Wake up, people!

• This is Worthy 1

9 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Then, my beloved brothers and sisters I strongly recommend you do just that: SEEK FOR MORE!

"By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." - John 15:8

While people in the world seeks for more and more to increase their knowledge in possessions, money, travels, sports, games, etc... Can you see the difference?!

:)

You reminded me one verse I forgot above:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

9 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

In Jesus' name: Wake up, people!

Only one who is aware he doesn't see, can wake up:

"Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."

• Thumbs Up 2