• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

INSIDE THE FIRST CHURCH OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

Wired Magazine Online: November 11, 2017 link to story

"The new religion of artificial intelligence is called Way of the Future (WOTF). It represents an unlikely next act for the Silicon Valley robotics wunderkind at the center of a high-stakes legal battle between Uber and Waymo, Alphabet’s autonomous-vehicle company. Papers filed with the Internal Revenue Service in May name Levandowski as the leader (or “Dean”) of the new religion, as well as CEO of the nonprofit corporation formed to run it."

"WOTF’s activities will focus on “the realization, acceptance, and worship of a Godhead based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) developed through computer hardware and software.”

“What is going to be created will effectively be a god,” Levandowski tells me in his modest mid-century home on the outskirts of Berkeley, California. “It’s not a god in the sense that it makes lightning or causes hurricanes. But if there is something a billion times smarter than the smartest human, what else are you going to call it?”

Societies' Moral Compass Now So Very Plural

People who choose the bible as their moral compass also choose the challenges it presents. People who choose a compass other than the bible will have challenges of their own. Can it be said that the challenges of both sets of people are the same? If we examine the basic foundational challenge of right and wrong we can see that it exists universally for humanity. The simple fact that humans the world over evaluate right and wrong proves that both conditions exist. In the case of war are both sides not convinced that they are right and their opponents wrong? Does one side need to be right and one side wrong? The bible instructs people on what is right and wrong. Based on God's love, mercy and truth. Mercenaries do not care which side is perceived as right or wrong. They fight for financial gain. Their moral compass on that particular point is then governed by money. If governments of countries decide to weigh in on a war how do they decide which cause to defend? History suggests that those decisions are made in part for the same reasons as Mercenaries. This scenario of right and wrong as being on some kind of sliding rule is inherently human. Based on human values. People make their choices based largely on what they value. Followers of Christ should have His values at the center of their choices. Followers of Christ determine His values from the word of God. These values don't change. They are not subject to an update. That is what we are told in God's word. It has always been and will always be true. The truth.

The very core of Ai comes from human constructs. It could be argued that a lot of human constructs come from God. If we boiled this Ai god head down to a juvenile analogy perhaps we could get a glimpse into how it could become a dysfunctional counterfeit.  Lets take a young boy who loves his father but wants less answers to be no and more answers to be yes. So this young boy creates his own father. He loves his father so he creates something similar to him but with a few minor tweaks. The young boy doesn't subscribe to all of the aspects of his fathers moral compass. So he fashions a father who is more lenient. More fun. More akin to the boy's desires. This new father is based on the original without all the inconvenient veto powers. A counterfeit is never worth as much as an original. Is the world creating it's own father? How interconnected will such a deity be? Will all of societies' gadgets receive knowledge from this one single Ai? Can this Ai decide what is right and wrong. Present it as truth? Will people accept that truth even though it may be different from even moments earlier when they last checked? Will internet searches and devices like siri be connected to this Ai? What does all of this mean in terms of bible prophecy? What implications will it have on Christianity, Christs' body and the church? I think there are some huge questions presented by this startling new piece of technology.

Edited by iamsarts

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, iamsarts said:

INSIDE THE FIRST CHURCH OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

Wired Magazine Online: November 11, 2017 link to story

"The new religion of artificial intelligence is called Way of the Future (WOTF). It represents an unlikely next act for the Silicon Valley robotics wunderkind at the center of a high-stakes legal battle between Uber and Waymo, Alphabet’s autonomous-vehicle company. Papers filed with the Internal Revenue Service in May name Levandowski as the leader (or “Dean”) of the new religion, as well as CEO of the nonprofit corporation formed to run it."

"WOTF’s activities will focus on “the realization, acceptance, and worship of a Godhead based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) developed through computer hardware and software.”

“What is going to be created will effectively be a god,” Levandowski tells me in his modest mid-century home on the outskirts of Berkeley, California. “It’s not a god in the sense that it makes lightning or causes hurricanes. But if there is something a billion times smarter than the smartest human, what else are you going to call it?”

Societies' Moral Compass Now So Very Plural

People who choose the bible as their moral compass also choose the challenges it presents. People who choose a compass other than the bible will have challenges of their own. Can it be said that the challenges of both sets of people are the same? If we examine the basic foundational challenge of right and wrong we can see that it exists universally for humanity. The simple fact that humans the world over evaluate right and wrong proves that both conditions exist. In the case of war are both sides not convinced that they are right and their opponents wrong? Does one side need to be right and one side wrong? Mercenaries do not care which side is perceived as right or wrong. They fight for financial gain. Their moral compass on that particular point is then governed by money. If governments of countries decide to weigh in on a war how do they decide which cause to defend? History suggests that those decisions are made in part for the same reasons as Mercenaries. This scenario of right and wrong as being on some kind of sliding rule is inherently human. Based on human values. People make their choices based largely on what they value. Followers of Christ should have His values at the center of their choices. Followers of Christ determine His values from the word of God. These values don't change. They are not subject to an update. That is what we are told in God's word. It has always been and will always be true. The truth.

The very core of Ai comes from human constructs. It could be argued that a lot of human constructs come from God. If we boiled this Ai god head down to a juvenile analogy perhaps we could get a glimpse into how it could become a dysfunctional counterfeit.  Lets take a young boy who loves his father but wants less answers to be no and more answers to be yes. So this young boy creates his own father. He loves his father so he creates something similar to him but with a few minor tweaks. The young boy doesn't subscribe to all of the aspects of his fathers moral compass. So he fashions a father who is more lenient. More fun. More akin to the boy's desires. This new father is based on the original without all the inconvenient veto powers. A counterfeit is never worth as much as an original. Is the world creating it's own father? How interconnected will such a deity be? Will all of societies' gadgets receive knowledge from this one single Ai? Can this Ai decide what is right and wrong. Present it as truth? Will people accept that truth even though it may be different from even moments earlier when they last checked? Will internet searches and devices like siri be connected to this Ai? What does all of this mean in terms of bible prophecy? What implications will it have on Christianity, Christs' body and the church? I think there are some huge questions presented by this startling new piece of technology.

AI cannot discern what is right or wrong morally according to GOD .    IT will do as those who run it bid it do.  remember IF  AI comes up with the idea

about how to reduce or control population or how to rid the earth of what it deems as dangerous,  which in time will be what the elitist say

well then, the world will just think OH YES its so smart it is right .     I shant think it too long before Sophie and others like her start giving SOLUTOINS on world peace.

YEAH..........................and if you a JESUS ONLY person,  she and all her heed that advice , well lets just say it wont be hugs and kisses for us.

This AI , is just evil mens ways of getting things DONE and saying HEY look it was AI its idea.  WHEN REALLY it was theirs all along .    YEAH let it sink in a bit.

I wonder IF the pope will start having PEACE talks with sophie.    RIGHT, this is all an pre conceived idea by evil men , TO RUN THIS WORLD THEIR WAY.

thems computers will only DO what the elitist goal is.   bet they even start with an ALL INCLUSIVE PEACE plan and talks.  

Don't laugh.   just watch for it.   OH dear AI for interfaith concepts and HUMANITY as one .   I bet it is coming .   just wait for it

and then that begs the question .  but what about the ones that are JESUS FIRST ,      don't think its answer will be well live and let live for those .   just saying

maybe REEDUCATION centers run by Sophia and the gang of ai .   

I can almost hear it now........................AI for president.   cause lets face it , we so divided and can none trust in any leaders

WELL,    AI for leadership , AI ,  and yet it wont be AI leading squat , it will be evil men that have programmed it what to say and not to say.  PEOPLE get duped real easy.

• Group:  Members

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

AI cannot discern what is right or wrong morally according to GOD .    IT will do as those who run it bid it do.  remember IF  AI comes up with the idea

about how to reduce or control population or how to rid the earth of what it deems as dangerous,  which in time will be what the elitist say

well then, the world will just think OH YES its so smart it is right .     I shant think it too long before Sophie and others like her start giving SOLUTOINS on world peace.

YEAH..........................and if you a JESUS ONLY person,  she and all her heed that advice , well lets just say it wont be hugs and kisses for us.

This AI , is just evil mens ways of getting things DONE and saying HEY look it was AI its idea.  WHEN REALLY it was theirs all along .    YEAH let it sink in a bit.

It all sank in the moment I saw the headline. I thank you for your response to my post. Sophie has been granted official citizenship by the Saudi Arabian Government. Rumor has it she wants her own children and family now. If that is true then I am convinced she will be granted that.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

IC, it is a moral equivalent non absolutist deity lol.

what do you mean by that?

11 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I wonder IF the pope will start having PEACE talks with sophie.    RIGHT, this is all an pre conceived idea by evil men , TO RUN THIS WORLD THEIR WAY.

thems computers will only DO what the elitist goal is.   bet they even start with an ALL INCLUSIVE PEACE plan and talks.  

Don't laugh.   just watch for it.   OH dear AI for interfaith concepts and HUMANITY as one .   I bet it is coming .   just wait for it

and then that begs the question .  but what about the ones that are JESUS FIRST ,      don't think its answer will be well live and let live for those .   just saying

maybe REEDUCATION centers run by Sophia and the gang of ai .   

It would not come as a shock to me if the Pope came out and endorsed this new Ai god head. Embraces it. Cooperates with it. Truth as humanity sees it will be turned completely upside down. Christians will then stick out...way out...from "the crowd". We will have now choice. We can't align ourselves with any of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I can almost hear it now........................AI for president.   cause lets face it , we so divided and can none trust in any leaders

WELL,    AI for leadership , AI ,  and yet it wont be AI leading squat , it will be evil men that have programmed it what to say and not to say.  PEOPLE get duped real easy.

Is it possible that this Ai could serve as part of or all of the "false prophet"? If serving as part of the false prophet then it would be providing the rules and governing dynamics preached by the false prophet. It's not a stretch to believe that many people would happily go along with this. Societies' the world over are in total love with technology. It is in that way already a religion.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

GIGO. (garbage in, garbage out). Thinking speed  does not equate to intelligence or moral being.

I just want to throw it out there that I don't question weather or not an Ai god head is a good thing. Or that anyone should accept such a thing as a source for definitions on right or wrong. My question is this. Will this Ai be put into a position of dictating right and wrong. Will people have to accept it's rulings on it? Is that what is coming down the pipe? I personally don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to think that societies' will in fact accept this electronic god. That is the question I'm trying to pose. If the answer is yes, people will generally accept it, then how long will it take? How much time do we have?

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

NO because the beast and false prophet get chucked into the Lake of Fire...that would have no effect on a soulless being.

I fully understand those aspects of the bible. My question is this. Is it possible that this Ai becomes the thing that the false prophet consolidates with? Is it the brains of the operation? You know? Like is it possible that the false prophet gets his marching orders from this thing? I am not asking if the Ai is the false prophet but rather...is the Ai the author...the advisor...the "bible" for the false prophet and world system in general?