IGNORED

How do I protect my family and help my sister?

Lavender

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

My sister is involved in having card readings done and seeing so called psychics.  (Read my testimonial if you want more details).  A couple of months ago she went to some gypsy fair or something and had a colour reading done.  Her daughter became a Christian a few years ago as fortunately her boyfriend's family is Christian (she is now engaged to him - thank you God).  Her daughter has talked to my sister and told her that it's the devil's work.  My sister has said that she doesn't tell her daughter what she thinks of her being a Christian and so she shouldn't comment about her and her spiritual beliefs.  My sister now knows that I'm a Christian as I didn't tell her until about one and a half months ago. 

As my sister keeps being involved in spiritual things is there a prayer I can say or something I can do to protect my family and myself from when she talks to me on the phone or we see her in person?  Is there something I could do to help her get out of being involved in it?  She has a bit of a fiery personality at times and could easily get angry at me and get into a full on argument.  I'm quieter and don't like confrontation.  Are there websites or testimonials from people previously involved in that stuff that might help.  There's no point giving her a book as she would never read it.  She has friends that are into spiritual things too including one that does reiki, readings and crosses spirits over so I will probably only have one chance to try to help her. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Lavender said:

My sister is involved in having card readings done and seeing so called psychics.  (Read my testimonial if you want more details).  A couple of months ago she went to some gypsy fair or something and had a colour reading done.  Her daughter became a Christian a few years ago as fortunately her boyfriend's family is Christian (she is now engaged to him - thank you God).  Her daughter has talked to my sister and told her that it's the devil's work.  My sister has said that she doesn't tell her daughter what she thinks of her being a Christian and so she shouldn't comment about her and her spiritual beliefs.  My sister now knows that I'm a Christian as I didn't tell her until about one and a half months ago. 

As my sister keeps being involved in spiritual things is there a prayer I can say or something I can do to protect my family and myself from when she talks to me on the phone or we see her in person?  Is there something I could do to help her get out of being involved in it?  She has a bit of a fiery personality at times and could easily get angry at me and get into a full on argument.  I'm quieter and don't like confrontation.  Are there websites or testimonials from people previously involved in that stuff that might help.  There's no point giving her a book as she would never read it.  She has friends that are into spiritual things too including one that does reiki, readings and crosses spirits over so I will probably only have one chance to try to help her. 

You might tell them of your concerns and what the Bible says about these things. Then pray for them and be the best example of a born again Christian around your family that you can possibly be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 12/18/2017 at 4:58 PM, Lavender said:

Ask our Lord Jesus to fill your family with His love daily. And ask specifically that your sister is filled with God's love. May I recommend in your prayers, ask the Lord to fill you first, then take God's love, your love for God and your love for your sister, mix it up. Then fill her with it.

In scripture you read about empty glasses. Well her glass is empty and needs to be filled.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Prayer has more power than we realise. But not a specific prayer as if one is better than another...just empty your heart out before God and know He hears you and will answer. Know that God loves your sister far more than you...He truly cares and wants to release her from this evil but cannot do so without our personal willingness to cooperate. Maybe it is your prayers He is waiting for. Our prayers are mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds. Life is a warfare. The enemy of souls will not leave you unmollested as you go to battle on behalf of your sister. You must prepare to commit come what may. Your sister may even for a time turn against you and your children. But you must not blame her. If she is involving herself in occult practices, you can be sure that demons have managed to gain a great deal of influence over her feelings and mind, and she will be becoming accustomed to react to those thoughts and feeling in a way that pleases Satan. But God is greater. Don't give up. Pray consistently (2 -3 times a day) and earnestly. Your sister's life is at stake...be serious, and be commited.

Don't go into this battle unless you yourself are fully right with God. Let there be no unconfessed or any sin unrepented of or Satan will surely take advantage of this and defat your attempts at every turn. Condemnation and accusation against you personally will come to you...let it be for good reasons, like resentment on Satan's part and hatred, not because you are guilty.

And finally, don't do it alone. Find some good faithful strong loving Christian friends who are willing to help you fight in this battle. Ones who know who they are in God. Who refuse to relinquish the ground to the enemy. Fighting the Lord's battles is a serious business. When we wish to confront the enemy front on on his battleground, we need all the help we can get. "Without Me ye can do nothing".

• Loved it! 1

19 hours ago, brakelite said:

Prayer has more power than we realise. But not a specific prayer as if one is better than another...just empty your heart out before God and know He hears you and will answer. Know that God loves your sister far more than you...He truly cares and wants to release her from this evil but cannot do so without our personal willingness to cooperate. Maybe it is your prayers He is waiting for. Our prayers are mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds. Life is a warfare. The enemy of souls will not leave you unmollested as you go to battle on behalf of your sister. You must prepare to commit come what may. Your sister may even for a time turn against you and your children. But you must not blame her. If she is involving herself in occult practices, you can be sure that demons have managed to gain a great deal of influence over her feelings and mind, and she will be becoming accustomed to react to those thoughts and feeling in a way that pleases Satan. But God is greater. Don't give up. Pray consistently (2 -3 times a day) and earnestly. Your sister's life is at stake...be serious, and be commited.

Don't go into this battle unless you yourself are fully right with God. Let there be no unconfessed or any sin unrepented of or Satan will surely take advantage of this and defat your attempts at every turn. Condemnation and accusation against you personally will come to you...let it be for good reasons, like resentment on Satan's part and hatred, not because you are guilty.

And finally, don't do it alone. Find some good faithful strong loving Christian friends who are willing to help you fight in this battle. Ones who know who they are in God. Who refuse to relinquish the ground to the enemy. Fighting the Lord's battles is a serious business. When we wish to confront the enemy front on on his battleground, we need all the help we can get. "Without Me ye can do nothing".

I have to disagree with your view of specific prayer. 

Jesus commonly told demons, nature with a focused point to do something. He said it with authority.

You could try to argue that Jesus wasn't praying. But what is so different of Jesus telling a demon "Come out", or the storm to calm. Versus the apostles saying "in the name of Jesus".

Or even us to say with authority, "in the name of Jesus, leave us Satan"

Demons and nature won't react the same if you use common prayer.

----------

Talk with your pastor if he ever experienced a deliverance. Regular prayer is supportive, but you have to get specific when dealing with It.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, brakelite said:

I just want to add, you Are right to say, prayer has more power than we realize. 

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/18/2017 at 10:58 PM, Lavender said:

Read psalm 91, and pray on it weekly. Good luck and god bless.