• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, DJ7 said:

So when Jesus said to have faith as a mustard seed He was saying what? You need to be waiting for more gift from the Lord?

Are you asking if you need to be waiting for [more gift] more than a mustard seed of faith ? 

A mustard seed of faith is enough to 'move mountains' Jesus says. 

Who needs more faith than that ?

Yes, wait(actively seek and trust and rely )  on the Master JESUS MESSIAH.  Wait on YHVH (God) for all things.  Trust Him for all in all.  HE IS FAITHFUL and TRUE and does not lie.  HE is our HELP and our SALVATION , in HIM we DO TRUST !

EAGERLY watch for HIM TODAY !  Read His Word and seek His understanding.  Ask HIM for everything needed as soon as the need is in your thoughts. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Faith is not a direct gift from God given to some but not others. Rather, as Paul wrote to the church at Rome, “faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17). Faith in Christ as the Son of God is only found in those who have first heard the Word of God, and then believed (cf. John 20:31)

http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=1246

1 minute ago, DJ7 said:

Faith is not a direct gift from God given to some but not others. Rather, as Paul wrote to the church at Rome, “faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17). Faith in Christ as the Son of God is only found in those who have first heard the Word of God, and then believed (cf. John 20:31)

The link might not be good. But from this post you seem not to be seeking faith, your earlier questions were not for real ?

Or were the questions for real, and you still don't know ?

According to Scripture, faith is a gift. This cannot be changed.

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

According to Scripture, faith is a gift. This cannot be changed.

You say that but scripture says different. Romans 10:17 and Ephesians 2:8 according to what I said and posted doesn't say faith is that free gift. 

Just now, DJ7 said:

You say that but scripture says different. Romans 10:17 and Ephesians 2:8 according to what I said and posted doesn't say faith is that free gift. 

You are simply pulling Scripture out to try to make a point and seeming not to understand it (like trying to use that link/ whatever's there? ) . 

Do you have the faith to raise the dead, to cast out demons, to heal the sick ?  (hopefully YES!  )

If you do, you did not earn it.  You could not get it without God's Grace. (a gift, always)

We have been given a measure of faith. To say faith is a free gift then puts a limit on how much faith you have as your basing your level of faith on how much "gift" you can get from God, which is totally wrong. Because your saying then if someone has more faith than another then they must be better than someone else who has less faith, because God has "gifted" them with more faith. That belief is very wrong.

Faith isn't belief. You can believe you have faith to do anything but it's not faith. Faith is a power that only comes from the word of God dwelling in your spirit. Faith is a spiritual power that only flows out of your spirit. Faith is creative power as your spirit grows in unity with the word your faith increases also.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I think faith is trust. Do you trust God to do what he promises? If you do them that is faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

22 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Do you trust God to do what he promises? If you do them that is faith.

The thing is that faith without works is useless... If someone says: I have faith in Christ. And live contrary to the Gospel, then that faith is dead.

"But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.”
Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works." - James 2:14

People teaching a dead faith, saying that they could live contrary to the Gospel (i.e. in the flesh, for the flesh) is just wrong.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love." - Galatians 5:6

The Lord is powerful and will forgive your sins (if you repent indeed), set you free, and save you, and give you a new life. Hear the Lord, believe in Him, do what He asks: This is faith in Christ.

"that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:5

Glory to God! Amen.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

If you trust God then your faith will have works. If God says go do this and you don't trust him you will not do it. So you have no faith even if you say you do. If God says go do this and you trust him then you can and will do what he said. Then your faith is made perfect.

• Praise God! 1