• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Again we mostly agree, as we're looking through a glass darkly, but it's clearing up rapidly. 

Matt 24:36 I believe is talking about the Rapture, as anyone with a Jewish calendar would be able to mark off the days to the exact day of Jesus' 2nd coming at the end of the tribulation. From the signing of the seven year covenant with many (the start) using the Jewish 360 day year calendar. I believe Jesus was talking to His chosen and all the born again believers during the age of Grace. I believe the age of Grace ends at the Rapture.

Hi Dennis,

Jesus was talking to those who believed He was going to bring about the restoration of their nation as ruler - `Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom/rule to Israel?` (Acts 1: 6)

No understanding of the Body of Christ or the rapture. That revelation was ONLY given to the Apostle Paul much later.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Jesus was talking to those who believed He was going to bring about the restoration of their nation as ruler - `Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom/rule to Israel?` (Acts 1: 6)

No understanding of the Body of Christ or the rapture. That revelation was ONLY given to the Apostle Paul much later.

Marilyn.

Correcto! Paul was the one who explained the mystery hidden in the O.T. and revealed in the N.T. (Rapture). But my reading of the text seems to indicate to me the Apostle's didn't understand it and it was still a mystery until Paul revealed the mystery early in his ministry, in I Corinthians 15: 51 - 53. Anyway I'm not dogmatic about it.

And yes, the disciples, Apostles and Jew's had thought Jesus was a political messiah who had come to break the chains and bondage from Rome. 

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/19/2017 at 6:26 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

So, y'all have an educated guess as to the 'season' of the Rapture, based on patterns, prophesy, Jewish feasts, numeric s, etc.? !

Yes, here is a bit of speculation for you: Somewhere near the vicinity of Tish b' Av. This is when the Jews mourn for the Temple. As it was destroyed on the very same date twice. And at the END there will be a battle for Jerusalem again. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

If Jesus was talking about the Body of Christ then His audience would not have known that. All through that ch. 24 the Lord says, `you` and he is looking straight at the people of Israel. Thus Jesus is talking about the Day of the Lord, that terrible time, which they as a nation will not know when he comes for they are blinded.

As to us the Body of Christ we are told by the Head, the Lord Jesus Christ through His Holy Spirit that this Day, the Day of the Lord wont overtake us for we are not in darkness but walk in the light, and children of the light.

As to the `catching away` my belief is that it will be early 2020 around the time of God putting hooks in Russia`s jaws and bringing them plus Iran, Ethiopia and Libya down to the mountains of Israel for judgment. However they are not first off the rank, for the maturing of the Body of Christ needs to be completed and we still have somewhat to go. Also in the Middle East I expect the coming Moslem leader to negotiate a settlement in Iraq. This will give him credibility for later when he will do the Peace treaty with Israel, (after the Russian war)

So although God gives specific numbers for the trib, and event He does not give a specific day for the rapture. That I believe will come into our hearts the closer the `train` is about to leave the station, as it were.

regards, Marilyn.

I know what the word rapture means but I have come to despise hearing it. There has been so much use of this word in regards to PTR. It is said that the final seven years is Tribulation because of a seven year peace with Israel and its enemies Dan 9:27. I pray someone hears what am saying. This is a false picture. Jesus said Himself, in the world you will have tribulation. This not just the final seven years. It was from the birth of the church at Pentecost the church suffered at the hands of Pagan Emperors  and persecution has always been with church and suffering even yet  today. How is it they say tribulation starts at the final seven yrs. There has been tribulations for 2 thousand years, till the man of sin commits the abomination of desolation declaring himself to be God.

Let try to make this clear. When peace is achieved in the Middle East that marks the final seven year, but the time of Great Tribulation comes mid week which is 3 1/2 yrs after the peace. This is when the antichrist commits the abomination of desolation. Its all right there in Matt 24  Then shall there be "Great Tribulation" such as the world has ever seen nor ever will be Matt 24: 15   24: 21,22

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

"Then shall there be "Great Tribulation" such as the world has ever seen nor ever will be"

The Lord's statement is related to the entire 70th week .... not just a part

And He is speaking to Israel 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"Then shall there be "Great Tribulation" such as the world has ever seen nor ever will be"

The Lord's statement is related to the entire 70th week .... not just a part

And He is speaking to Israel 

If one doesn't understand the bible as whole, picking and choosing single verses to prove a point, they can make up any story they wish. By the Spirit one could never come to the conclusion above.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/21/2017 at 9:58 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Again we mostly agree, as we're looking through a glass darkly, but it's clearing up rapidly. 

Matt 24:36 I believe is talking about the Rapture, as anyone with a Jewish calendar would be able to mark off the days to the exact day of Jesus' 2nd coming at the end of the tribulation. From the signing of the seven year covenant with many (the start) using the Jewish 360 day year calendar. I believe Jesus was talking to His chosen and all the born again believers during the age of Grace. I believe the age of Grace ends at the Rapture.

This is just another attempt to prove the truth by saying others have to be wrong. Do ya have any scriptural proof for TIMING of the pretrib rapture? "I believe.", just a declaration of personal interpretation when it comes to prophecy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Perhaps a fly in the ointment here.

Just for a moment consider that Daniel has already been fulfilled bar the shouting. Check out times and dates of that horrific Roman empire and the 100 million saints killed in the most terrible of ways. Roman rule died in 1798 by Napoleon's SWORD. In 1929, out of the ashes, arose the Vatican on seven hill with 110 acres. It is fast becoming a major world influence again along with the UN and most other countries against ISRAEL.

It is possible that this second beast-system has arisen out of the ashes of the first with the above consolidations. The beast being a system of governance as before. Rome has representation in 220 or so countries of the world. This power base could quite easily be the basis for end-times systems as it is already established. Because Rome did indeed call itself as high as the most high God, and because the papal throne is established in the 'temple' - a temple was considered to be any christian gathering in the first century, then maybe we do not have to expect a third temple to be built in Jerusalem.

God has ended His animal sacrifices, and any sacrifice in a Judaic temple would be abhorrent to the Lord God who gave His Son to die for us and did away with those sacrifices. The temple veil was split from top to bottom. No more 'holy of holies' is needed EVER; thus no more Judaic temple is required. Yeshua, God's Messiah, is our Sacrifice, and because the gospel also included Israelites, Saul said that there is no Jew or Greek etc., as they are all one and Abraham is their/our father. This was Yahweh's plan from the beginning.

Just a few thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1