• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1984

On 12/23/2017 at 10:12 PM, missmuffet said:

When a born again Christian dies their soul goes immediately to heaven. Their body stays in the grave until it is resurrected. When an unbeliever dies their soul goes immediately to Hades which is a holding place for those who will be judged at the Great White Throne judgement and then thrown into hell. Their body will be resurrected at the end of the 1000 year millennium to meet with their soul and then be judged.

I’m confused. If you go to Hades (the holding place) aren’t you doomed for hell? I thought you either go to Heaven or to hell and that there was no in between judgment. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

19 minutes ago, PrincessPeachy said:

I’m confused. If you go to Hades (the holding place) aren’t you doomed for hell? I thought you either go to Heaven or to hell and that there was no in between judgment. 

Yes, Hades is another name for hell but it is not the everlasting fire and torment that will be opened up at the end of the Millennium.It is a place for their souls to wait the judgment.  All those souls in Hades now will go before God at the end of the 1000 year millennium and will be judged. All of them will be thrown into the eternal fire of torment.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/05/1984

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, Hades is another name for hell but it is not the everlasting fire and torment that will be opened up at the end of the Millennium.It is a place for their souls to wait the judgment.  All those souls in Hades now will go before God at the end of the 1000 year millennium and will be judged. All of them will be thrown into the eternal fire of torment.

Thanks for the response, but I still need clarification. So can a person in Hades still make things right and get into Heaven?? I only have ever known of Heaven and Hell. 

2 hours ago, PrincessPeachy said:

Thanks for the response, but I still need clarification. So can a person in Hades still make things right and get into Heaven?? I only have ever known of Heaven and Hell. 

When an unbeliever dies their soul immediately goes to Hades. Their body stays in the grave until it is resurrected with the soul and that would be at the end of of 1000 year millennium. No, it is not like the RCC purgatory. Once an unbeliever dies there is not another chance. They will be judged in the Great White Throne judgment and thrown into hell which is the eternal fire.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 12/27/2017 at 6:45 PM, missmuffet said:

So if you find yourself in hades, then your judgement you may assume is a foregone conclusion? Therefore that judgement isn't an investigation into your guilt or innocence, but rather a carrying out of the sentence?

32 minutes ago, brakelite said:

So if you find yourself in hades, then your judgement you may assume is a foregone conclusion? Therefore that judgement isn't an investigation into your guilt or innocence, but rather a carrying out of the sentence?

If you find yourself in Hades you were not a believer and you will not go to heaven.