WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,258
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - House Republicans on Wednesday voted for the second time in two days to pass a major tax overhaul, sending the $1.5 trillion tax cut to President Trump, as promised, just before Christmas.

"With the new tax system we will deliver today, things will change for the better, and they will change immediately," said the bill's author, Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady, R-Texas, on the House floor.

The House passed the bill 224-201, after passing it Tuesday 227-203. Twelve Republicans voted "no" in both votes. [ Source: Washington Examiner (Read More...) ]

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

18 hours ago, Butero said:

This is a huge victory for Trump, Republicans, and the American people.  It is great to see Republicans work together to get something done.  Trump's critics can no longer claim he has had no major legislative victories.  

I agree with you.

Over the last couple of days however, since this has been in the news, I've wondered what God's plan is in all this?  We've already seen good economic news and some might look at that as God's Blessings.  But I have to ask a hard and difficult question - why would God be blessing us, now?  What have we done as a nation to merit God's blessings?

Our nation is still hugely divided.  Good - even great economic news will inevitably be discounted or ignored if it is seen as coming from Trump policies or the republicans.  It won't be covered on most of the media outlets.  At least half the people won't hear about it.

"Thou shall not covet" is the tenth Commandment - yet coveting (e.g. being resentful of what others have) is the basis and reason for being for at least one of the branches of the Uni-party that runs Washington, DC.  It seems to be the desired motivating factor.

I'm supposed to "hate" the rich because they got a bigger tax break than I did?  Why?  What sense does that make?

I tend to think that God hasn't necessarily 'blessed' us, but He may have given us a reprieve.  Now it's up to us to do something with it.

Our nation needs revival - that is the only TRUE blessing.

-Ed

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well it seems that the nation as a whole is learning not to mistreat women sexually....   maybe that's step one...