• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/25/1993

Love on earth, than do you think a man and a woman could meet in heaven and fund love together? They couldn’t get married because there is no marriage in heaven, but so? Thoughts?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

43 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

My understanding is that life in heaven will probably be different from life on earth in many ways.  I would guess that it is not a matter that marriage will be banned or forbidden, but rather that there will simply be no purpose for marriage.  I would also guess that the manner of relationships we form with others will be somewhat different than the way we do it on earth (considering family structures, social structures, etc.).

On earth, our relationships tend to be characterized by exclusivity.  It takes time to build relationships and we have limited time on earth.  We have limited time so we have strong relationships with a relatively small number of people that we spend time with.  Of the billions of people on earth, we have perhaps a few thousand acquaintances that we meet in some form or other (in school, at work, at church, leisure activities, family, friends of friends, etc.).  Of those thousands, we spent some amount of time with perhaps hundreds of people.  Of those hundreds, we  spend significant amounts of times getting to know (and form stronger attachments) with perhaps dozens.  Of dozens, there are a small number we call close friends.   The closeness of a relationship is usually at least somewhat correlated with how much time we spend with them.

I think that in heaven (with no time constraints), relationships may tend to be characterized by inclusivity.  We will have enough time enough to form deep relationships with just about everyone.

Another thing is that our earthly relationships are not always healthy ones.  Sometimes we go into relationships trying to fill needs in our life and make up for something spiritual that is missing.  Sometimes we are trapped for a time with some unhealthy relationships that are difficult to get out of.  The heavenly relationships we have will be come at from a position of not having brokenness, pain, and sin interfering with them.  Sometimes earthly relationships mutually strengthen and help each other; sometimes they do not.

Just some random thoughts based on musings. Off the top of my head,  I couldn't think of better words than inclusive and exclusive, there might be a better set of antonyms to use.

Just wanted to put an exclamation mark on this post. Brilliant, and should cover the doubt completely, nothing to add.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Imagine never having to look behind you. Imagine no bills. No threats. It is a very hard thing to imagine this innocence. Open acceptance, the word 'trust' does not exist. So much of the here and now cloud our thoughts of possibilities without constraint or restraint. We will not need to know words such as 'freedom' either. It fair boggles the mind that has been so upset by existing here in this tiresome reality.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

7 hours ago, Hmh123 said:

Love on earth, than do you think a man and a woman could meet in heaven and fund love together? They couldn’t get married because there is no marriage in heaven, but so? Thoughts?

"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven." - Matthew 22:30

Then how do you say if a person doesn't find love on Earth...?! Our love is the Lord Jesus.

"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

8 hours ago, Hmh123 said:

Love on earth

Your life isn't over yet is it.  Pray for God to find you someone you can love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Hmh123 said:

There will be no marriage in heaven as you said so there will be no sex or lustful thoughts in heaven. We will all be brothers and sisters in Christ in heaven. We will love one another with a brotherly love. A perfect love. More satisfying than a marital relationship. We will be together for an eternity which is forever and ever and never ending.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, Hmh123 said:

Hi Hmh123,

Nice to meet you and talk on this interesting question. My thoughts are that there will be no male or female. We will be like Christ and have a glorified body. We will have a complete body of both attributes of male and female. Remember that Eve came from Adam, so there is the sense that some aspect of him was given to Eve. We, I believe we will be complete, if you know what I mean. So no male or female as they are what is needed to procreate.

Creating in eternity will be of another mode - not humans of course, that is earthly but working with Christ as he creates in the eras to come. wonders to behold and be a part of, activity, creativity and unbroken fellowship with others. What joy, bliss and wonder!!!!

regards, Marilyn.  

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 12/21/2017 at 10:04 AM, Hmh123 said:

I agree it sounds a little boring - but then you will not have MILs in heaven, so that is a plus....

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I agree it sounds a little boring - but then you will not have MILs in heaven, so that is a plus....

Hi Justin,

What are MILs? (Oh just got it - mother-in-laws, don`t think I should lol) Also think of it this way, marriage etc is the highlight of our earthly life, and there will be greater, far greater and ever expanding joys, plans and purposes of God that we will be involved in for ever. Think of your gifting, could be a practical one or music or the arts, or teaching etc and these in the realms to come far exceed any expectations we may have for God is THE CREATOR and we have hardly seen the tip of what THE CREATOR can do and much will be through the vehicle of His love, His Body, where He can work with His people in ages upon unfolding ages and never ending glories to come.

Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1