• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

How is Ouija boards, Christian tarot cards, demonic spirits, the occult, fallen angel's and replying to Yowm's comment off topic? Are we adhering to the strict letter of the law here?

Did you miss what I wrote?  Bringing the Book of Enoch into this thread is going off topic.  Shiloh posted about Christian ouija boards.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Oh boy, I wonder which angels?

And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—
(Jud 1:6)

You would not need a board to contact good angels, though I don't understand why one would want to.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

The other issue is where in scriptures does it tell us to pray to angels? There isn't one that I am aware of. When we pray we are to pray to the Father. Angels are messengers that do what God asks them to do and they are not to be worshipped. 

I find it sad that some so-called Christians feel that they need to focus on angels instead of God. And then they fall into the trap of the Ouija Board thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

The other issue is where in scriptures does it tell us to pray to angels? There isn't one that I am aware of. When we pray we are to pray to the Father. Angels are messengers that do what God asks them to do and they are not to be worshipped. 

I find it sad that some so-called Christians feel that they need to focus on angels instead of God. And then they fall into the trap of the Ouija Board thing. 

We do not pray to angels, we do not pray to Mary and we do not pray to the dead. We pray to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I have prayed to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

We do not pray to angels, we do not pray to Mary and we do not pray to the dead. We pray to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I have prayed to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Great response. And the correct one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Enoch may be off topic but I think Dennis 1209 brings our attention to what is written in Enoch about the fallen angels and their enticing men to trust them.

There are a number of people in our community that have been to Bethel on more than one occasion and feel that our church isn't up to speed with spiritual gifts.

I just recently had someone join my home church that is coming out of Catch The Fire and believes what is happening at Bethel to be the Holy Spirit.

My spirit is very unsettled around this person and I haven't been sure exactly what it is about them that is doing it. They have asked every night that they have attended if we are open to prophecy and if they could deliver a word. I find it strange that anyone speaking as God directs them would ask permission because it implies that they feel some may take acceptation. I have been reluctant to let this person "prophecy" over any members 1 because most of them are fairly new to Christianity and 2 this person is new to our group (less than a month) and is saying they are feeling led to teach about prophecy. There has hardly been any time to find the pulse of our group let alone enable the people in the home church to have any idea of where this persons heart and faith is.

Over dinner away from our home church I have allowed this person to prophecy over my wife and I (I prepared my wife for this ahead of time knowing it was probably going to happen) and I have to be honest, I couldn't help but walk away thinking that I was destined to be a great mover and shaker..... I really felt like my buttons were being pushed.

I just can't shake the uneasiness in my spirit and am going to proceed very cautiously.

All this to say. The humans in Enoch were receiving some pretty spectacular revelations from the fallen angels that moved them ahead by worldly standards, but spiritually didn't glorify God or bring them closer to Him. I am getting a sense that this person in our midst may be glorifying the experience of prophecy (and therefore attention on themselves) more than God. If there's a good take-away from Enoch it's that it puts a face on the evil forces that are at work in the spirit world around us.

It seems to me that what the OP is talking about is how the fallen angels are increasing the desire for more power and status along just a little bit more and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a conversation with the people doing this would be full of stories of the things they did or what bill or Mary did. 

I can't imagine the mind set of a person that is drawn to "god" through this kind of preaching and how they may envision a life following....what? 

The gospel of Jesus Christ can stand on its own...it has too or it has no power.

I think today we may have a misunderstanding of what prophecy is ....might be a good topic for a discussion here.

31 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Great response. And the correct one. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Sorry missmuffet and Jaydog 1976 ....:beehive:   .just can't keep my fingers off the key board.....I know where your heart is, no doubt in my mind ....but since you brought it up , What does Jesus say on the matter.

Jesus words.......

Mat_6:6  But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father who is hidden. And your Father who sees from the hidden place will reward you.

Mat_6:9  Therefore, this is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.

Joh_15:16  "You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you. I have appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you.

Joh_16:26  At that time, you will make your requests in my name, so that I will have no need to ask the Father on your behalf, (after the Holy Spirit indwells us M2 )

Luk_11:2  So he told them, "Whenever you pray you are to say, 'Father, may your name be kept holy. May your kingdom come. 

What about Paul...Eph_1:17  I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, the most glorious Father, would give you a wise spirit, along with revelation that comes through knowing the Messiah fully.  It might be worth while to take a look at Paul's introductions and doxologies (End of letter) to see who he prays to.

We ask in Jesus name as a way of acknowledging that it is only because of Jesus that we can approach the Father. It is the Fathers will that is done and it is the Fathers will that we seek.

Ok Ok ....slap my fingers for sidetracking   :fryingpan:

7 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

Sorry missmuffet and Jaydog 1976 ....:beehive:   .just can't keep my fingers off the key board.....I know where your heart is, no doubt in my mind ....but since you brought it up , What does Jesus say on the matter.

Jesus words.......

Mat_6:6  But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father who is hidden. And your Father who sees from the hidden place will reward you.

Mat_6:9  Therefore, this is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.

Joh_15:16  "You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you. I have appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you.

Joh_16:26  At that time, you will make your requests in my name, so that I will have no need to ask the Father on your behalf, (after the Holy Spirit indwells us M2 )

Luk_11:2  So he told them, "Whenever you pray you are to say, 'Father, may your name be kept holy. May your kingdom come. 

What about Paul...Eph_1:17  I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, the most glorious Father, would give you a wise spirit, along with revelation that comes through knowing the Messiah fully.  It might be worth while to take a look at Paul's introductions and doxologies (End of letter) to see who he prays to.

We ask in Jesus name as a way of acknowledging that it is only because of Jesus that we can approach the Father. It is the Fathers will that is done and it is the Fathers will that we seek.

Ok Ok ....slap my fingers for sidetracking   :fryingpan:

What does Father mean to you?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

Enoch may be off topic but I think Dennis 1209 brings our attention to what is written in Enoch about the fallen angels and their enticing men to trust them.

There are a number of people in our community that have been to Bethel on more than one occasion and feel that our church isn't up to speed with spiritual gifts.

I just recently had someone join my home church that is coming out of Catch The Fire and believes what is happening at Bethel to be the Holy Spirit.

My spirit is very unsettled around this person and I haven't been sure exactly what it is about them that is doing it. They have asked every night that they have attended if we are open to prophecy and if they could deliver a word. I find it strange that anyone speaking as God directs them would ask permission because it implies that they feel some may take acceptation. I have been reluctant to let this person "prophecy" over any members 1 because most of them are fairly new to Christianity and 2 this person is new to our group (less than a month) and is saying they are feeling led to teach about prophecy. There has hardly been any time to find the pulse of our group let alone enable the people in the home church to have any idea of where this persons heart and faith is.

Over dinner away from our home church I have allowed this person to prophecy over my wife and I (I prepared my wife for this ahead of time knowing it was probably going to happen) and I have to be honest, I couldn't help but walk away thinking that I was destined to be a great mover and shaker..... I really felt like my buttons were being pushed.

I just can't shake the uneasiness in my spirit and am going to proceed very cautiously.

All this to say. The humans in Enoch were receiving some pretty spectacular revelations from the fallen angels that moved them ahead by worldly standards, but spiritually didn't glorify God or bring them closer to Him. I am getting a sense that this person in our midst may be glorifying the experience of prophecy (and therefore attention on themselves) more than God. If there's a good take-away from Enoch it's that it puts a face on the evil forces that are at work in the spirit world around us.

It seems to me that what the OP is talking about is how the fallen angels are increasing the desire for more power and status along just a little bit more and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a conversation with the people doing this would be full of stories of the things they did or what bill or Mary did. 

I can't imagine the mind set of a person that is drawn to "god" through this kind of preaching and how they may envision a life following....what? 

The gospel of Jesus Christ can stand on its own...it has too or it has no power.

I think today we may have a misunderstanding of what prophecy is ....might be a good topic for a discussion here.

They led to teach prophecy.   How can they teach prophecy if they cannot even discern what SPIRIT bethel church is truly of.

IF any has not had their senses excercised to discern between good and evil,  they got no biz teaching anything and rather need to be taught.

in the mean called while,   Ya warn that person to flee that church , flee them concepts.  and if they don't heed.   YA cant let them INFECT the house church.

THEY GOTTA go lest they leaven the whole lump.