• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Sad this. Many visit these Bethel type places then return to their unknowing churches. What a clever way to spread the disease. Since few I have seen or been in would notice this insidious rot; the 'respectable churches' do not do the spiritual gifts much anymore. Discernment is rare.

Justin.  OH Justin.   Do you KNOW how correct this is.   That one guy MIKE is speaking of needs to seriously be corrected with a fear of God gravity

and if he don't heed.    He has got to go.   The pattern JESUS taught about correction may seem harsh, BUT its for OUR GOOD and in hopes the other repents.

That man gotta go.   he don't need to be letting that man put hands on his wife with that OTHER spirit ,  it will do great harm and will rot that entire house church

if that man is left to go unchecked and the poison fills the place.   these spirits move like cancer , infecting all who wont rebuke them but instead accept them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

3 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

Enoch may be off topic but I think Dennis 1209 brings our attention to what is written in Enoch about the fallen angels and their enticing men to trust them.

There are a number of people in our community that have been to Bethel on more than one occasion and feel that our church isn't up to speed with spiritual gifts.

I just recently had someone join my home church that is coming out of Catch The Fire and believes what is happening at Bethel to be the Holy Spirit.

My spirit is very unsettled around this person and I haven't been sure exactly what it is about them that is doing it. They have asked every night that they have attended if we are open to prophecy and if they could deliver a word. I find it strange that anyone speaking as God directs them would ask permission because it implies that they feel some may take acceptation. I have been reluctant to let this person "prophecy" over any members 1 because most of them are fairly new to Christianity and 2 this person is new to our group (less than a month) and is saying they are feeling led to teach about prophecy. There has hardly been any time to find the pulse of our group let alone enable the people in the home church to have any idea of where this persons heart and faith is.

Over dinner away from our home church I have allowed this person to prophecy over my wife and I (I prepared my wife for this ahead of time knowing it was probably going to happen) and I have to be honest, I couldn't help but walk away thinking that I was destined to be a great mover and shaker..... I really felt like my buttons were being pushed.

I just can't shake the uneasiness in my spirit and am going to proceed very cautiously.

All this to say. The humans in Enoch were receiving some pretty spectacular revelations from the fallen angels that moved them ahead by worldly standards, but spiritually didn't glorify God or bring them closer to Him. I am getting a sense that this person in our midst may be glorifying the experience of prophecy (and therefore attention on themselves) more than God. If there's a good take-away from Enoch it's that it puts a face on the evil forces that are at work in the spirit world around us.

It seems to me that what the OP is talking about is how the fallen angels are increasing the desire for more power and status along just a little bit more and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a conversation with the people doing this would be full of stories of the things they did or what bill or Mary did. 

I can't imagine the mind set of a person that is drawn to "god" through this kind of preaching and how they may envision a life following....what? 

The gospel of Jesus Christ can stand on its own...it has too or it has no power.

I think today we may have a misunderstanding of what prophecy is ....might be a good topic for a discussion here.

Hey mike.  heads up you might seem as a monster to those around you when you confront this man.   But if you love him or them , ITS got to be done.

You rebuke that foul spirit in the almighty name of Christ .  IF its coming from bethel,    ITS NOT FROM GOD.  I SAY again ITS NOT FROM GOD.

It aint always easy to rebuke,  But then really it is.............cause love for them outweighs anything else.   Get that man out of that house church

IF he don't heed your warning .   I pray he does though.   

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What does Father mean to you?

My dear sister , their are far bigger fish to fry.  READ again what MIKE said.    I need help warning out .  its time to get serious.

That house church is under direct assault and fire from that man who comes in the name of the spirit of bethel.   ITS that serious.

ITS life or death.  THAT man has got to be corrected and asap or made to leave.   The war is real and JESUS gave us every bit of ammo we need

IN HIM the SPIRIT and all HIS SAYINGS .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

Two Comments:

1. It's a ouija board.  I'd stay away from it.

2.  The original link to pulpitandpen claims that charismatics (and by insinuation Bethel) have something to do with the creation and use of this.  Other than the title of the article and insinuations that Bethel might approve of it, is there any evidence that any church or Christian group actually has anything to do with this?  The Kaye Sturgis site doesn't seem to have any connections with any Christian group and appears to be similar to the psychic hotline (I'll tell your future for cash).  The user's comments on it at Amazon seem to be the typical random collection of people including some (who I'd guess are Christians) pointing out the issues with this.

This article appears to merely be an unbecoming and unsubstantiated attack on charismatics and Bethel.  There are probably plenty of legitimate things to accuse them of.  Accusing them of creating this particular ouija board (or any ouija board for that matter) appears to be a false accusation.

Frankly, this article is an embarrassment as written and should be either be edited to include actual proof or taken down.  They explicitly state "Charismatics actually are using ‘Christian Ouija Boards,’ but not just as an evangelism technique. They are using them to communicate with ‘angels.’"  No proof of this statement is given.  If true, I'll join in on condemning the practice.  If not true, a Christian site (that claims to be defending the truth) is making false accusations.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Mike, you mentioned the "uneasiness in your spirit" a number of times - I think that is discernment coming from the Holy Spirit trying to tell you to beware. In my opinion it is a red light your being given not a green one.

I was about to write the same thing...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I will only say about the OUI JA board that Jill Martin Rische (daughter of the late Dr. Walter Martin) said she experienced only evil from it experimenting with it as a teen with her friends. And it is to be avoided at all costs. 

You might drop in on her web page dedicated to her father (has a message board as well). Ask her for yourself. waltermartin.org

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, other one said:

You would not need a board to contact good angels, though I don't understand why one would want to.

Running buffalo from tribe of lets the chips fly as they may, has spoken well.

Let paul sum it up.  Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary worship of ANGELS.  so even that is wicked wrong.  plus it aint angels they hearing

from lest the first name be fallen.   

9 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I pray that no believers will buy into this satanic practice or this 'ministry'.

Ya got that church bethel pegged right .   I bet in time they probably might even say allah and God are the same.   no telling what they will do next .

That church has got to be warned against  .   And I do pray many come out from what their keen mind must think is the Holy spirit , which we know aint.

Cause the HOLY SPIRIT ........yeah ITS HOLY and much of what I see form this church aint , lest its holy as in swiss cheese doctrines.   got more holes than swiss cheese.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I see this topic has kinda petered out and gone by the wayside. Sorry I didn't respond to you guys sooner but I had a very busy Christmas this year.

It's not my intention to resurrect it but I do want to say thanks for all your input in regards to what is happening in my HC, it's valued.

I am going to be leading my Home Church in a study on the spiritual gifts that we find in 1 Cor. 12 ((Manifestational gifts), Eph 4:11 (Ministerial gifts) and Romans 12:6-8 (Motivational gifts)

My hope is that in doing this study the group will be able to understand what spiritual gifts God gives us, when, for how long and for what purpose. I will trust that the Spirit will put what is happening with the new person in our Home Church in the place it belongs as the group learns about spiritual gifting.

On another note; Missmuffet did pose an interesting question when asking .....What does Father mean to you?.... as a response to my quoting how Jesus prayed to the Father.

I find it an interesting question particularly if taken in the context of Jesus saying that we see the fullness of God in him.... 

maybe another thread.....?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 12/21/2017 at 9:52 AM, Yowm said:

Oh boy, I wonder which angels?

And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—
(Jud 1:6)

Wow!   Well, as I said before elsewhere....You cannot Christianize the demonic and make it Christian...Its demonic and it will be demonic no matter what you do. Or what you call it...Or what your motive is