• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Tristen said:

From what I've witnessed, you do have a problem with it, although you are quite a bit nicer about it than some folks. You have a problem with it despite the fact that our core Christian beliefs are nearly identical.

Why - because I disagree with you?

No, your disagreement is expected and encouraged. It is from our personal communication that it is clear that you do indeed have a problem with an interpretation of the Genesis creation account that is anything short of 100% literal. We can probably just leave it at that.

May the peace and love of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you this Christmas, my brother!

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, MorningGlory said:
16 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Well I'll always consider any evidence you have God did it? Everything we've discovered thus far operates under laws of physics in the case I cited for supernova... this isn't random. I'm amazed by supernova and black holes... how do you get to add God did it. Let's not forget Einstein via physics and mathematics showed black holes must exist 70 years before observation. This doesn't disprove God or gods as it's unfalsifiable but it takes away the need to believe in God causality. I don't see how to add God did it... unless you've evidence I've not heard? 

I'm not going to drown you in a tsunami of explanations or statements, Kevin.  I will just tell you that YOU, ME, and everything else that exists make up the evidence you are looking for.

John 1:3  KJV

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

Hi glory. 

As someone who doesn't thus far buy into any religious beliefs I hope you see I don't see the bible as proof of the bible claims..it's kinda circular. An Indian could have given me a verse from their book. Muslim from Quran and so on. What needs to be done is to link the religious claims to reality...ie God did it and my God especially.. here's the causational evidence. What you have given me is just your faith and faith in the absence of evidence gets me to every religion and scripture.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Hi glory. 

As someone who doesn't thus far buy into any religious beliefs I hope you see I don't see the bible as proof of the bible claims..it's kinda circular. An Indian could have given me a verse from their book. Muslim from Quran and so on. What needs to be done is to link the religious claims to reality...ie God did it and my God especially.. here's the causational evidence. What you have given me is just your faith and faith in the absence of evidence gets me to every religion and scripture.

As a Christian what I quoted to you IS my evidence.  If you are looking for scientific proof, Worthy is not the place to be as this site is for sharing our faith. There are scientific sites for that.  Science Weekly is a good place to start.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On December 22, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Enoch2021 said:

Yes, because you can't SUPPORT your PARROTED Claims.

They can't SUPPORT them either.

What's a Black Hole??  Then Scientifically Validate...

a.  What Phenomenon was Observed...?
b.  Post the Formal Scientific Hypothesis then EXPERIMENT that validates your claim...?
c.  Highlight the "Independent Variable" that was used in the TEST...?
d.  Post the Null Hypothesis that was Rejected/Falsified...?

:groan:  Really WHY...?

Do you understand the Concept of SUPPORTING what you say, by chance?

Juxtapose (Compare and Contrast) SUPPORTED Claims vs Baseless 'bare' Assertions...?

My University Transcripts and Professional Evaluations would beg to differ.  ;)

Yes, that's Correct.

So God's Word is the big bang's "Singularity", eh?  :groan:

How did you figure that one out, por favor...?  Illustrate your 'Method'...?

regards

Not the Big Bang but it's called Big Ben.

A black hole cannot be viewed directly because light cannot escape it. It can, however, be identified by its effect on the matter around it. Matter swirling around a black hole heats up and emits radiation that can be detected. Around a stellar black hole, this matter is composed of gas. Around a supermassive black hole in the center of a galaxy, the swirling disk is made of not only gas but also stars. An instrument aboard the Hubble Space Telescope, called the Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph (STIS), was installed in February 1997. STIS is the space telescope’s main "black hole hunter." A spectrograph uses prisms or diffraction gratings to split the incoming light into its rainbow pattern. The position and strength of the line in a spectrum gives scientists valuable information. STIS spans ultraviolet, visible, and near-infrared wavelengths. The instrument can take a spectrum of many places at once across the center of a galaxy. Each spectrum tells scientists how fast the stars and gas are swirling at that location. With that information, the central mass that the stars are orbiting can be calculated. The faster the stars go, the more massive the central object must be.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

As a Christian what I quoted to you IS my evidence.  If you are looking for scientific proof, Worthy is not the place to be as this site is for sharing our faith. There are scientific sites for that.  Science Weekly is a good place to start.

Yep I see that IS your evidence. However... this is the claim... the claim then has to be supported... ie God did it as per john1:3. Egyptians would say in answer to looking at the sun moving across the sky... evidence for their gods would be their scripture Ra and his chariot and thousands of other examples from all religions. Again this isn't evidence...its a claim... again unsupported by evidence. Thinking this way is a great way to be wrong. I could just say magic pixies did it unless i can demonstrate that it's just faith without any evidence to corroberate in reality. 

This part of worthy invites seekers and non believers to engage with Christians. 

Btw scientific proof well maybe... any that's compelling would do. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Yep I see that IS your evidence. However... this is the claim... the claim then has to be supported... ie God did it as per john1:3. Egyptians would say in answer to looking at the sun moving across the sky... evidence for their gods would be their scripture Ra and his chariot and thousands of other examples from all religions. Again this isn't evidence...its a claim... again unsupported by evidence. Thinking this way is a great way to be wrong. I could just say magic pixies did it unless i can demonstrate that it's just faith without any evidence to corroberate in reality. 

This part of worthy invites seekers and non believers to engage with Christians. 

Btw scientific proof well maybe... any that's compelling would do. 

I gave you the evidence that is relevant to me; it's up to you what you do with it.  And yes, this is the forum for nonbelievers to engage with Christians but this is NOT a science forum.  You can't dictate what believers post and, IMO, you can't understand faith as evidence.

50 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I gave you the evidence that is relevant to me; it's up to you what you do with it.  And yes, this is the forum for nonbelievers to engage with Christians but this is NOT a science forum.  You can't dictate what believers post and, IMO, you can't understand faith as evidence.

I'm not dictating what you post... everyone posts what they like personal attacks aside. You gave me what you considered as evidence and I replied with how I view that. 

This is the science and faith forum. However it's not as black and white as that it's  also how people reason and evaluate and we have different opinions. 

Yes I don't take religious faith claims as good evidence. If people had evidence for claims then they need not appeal to faith. Besides faith is what's gotten people to 100s of gods...ergo i don't see it as a reliable way to truth. 

31 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I'm not dictating what you post... everyone posts what they like personal attacks aside. You gave me what you considered as evidence and I replied with how I view that. 

This is the science and faith forum. However it's not as black and white as that it's  also how people reason and evaluate and we have different opinions. 

Yes I don't take religious faith claims as good evidence. If people had evidence for claims then they need not appeal to faith. Besides faith is what's gotten people to 100s of gods...ergo i don't see it as a reliable way to truth. 

You're entitled to your opinions, Kevin, but if you don't understand faith then nothing I, or any believer, tells you about it will make sense to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

You're entitled to your opinions, Kevin, but if you don't understand faith then nothing I, or any believer, tells you about it will make sense to you.

I do understand faith... so far yes appealing to faith by those of any religion hasn't swayed me... same as all other religions and their gods humanity has ever put forward haven't appealed to you to follow...i just add yours to the same faith pot explanation that we both don't align ourselves to

Edited by Kevinb

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

3 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Not the Big Bang but it's called Big Ben.

What does the Clock in England or the Pittsburgh Steelers QB have to do with this discussion?

A black hole cannot be viewed directly because light cannot escape it. It can, however, be identified by its effect on the matter around it. Matter swirling around a black hole heats up and emits radiation that can be detected. Around a stellar black hole, this matter is composed of gas. Around a supermassive black hole in the center of a galaxy, the swirling disk is made of not only gas but also stars. An instrument aboard the Hubble Space Telescope, called the Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph (STIS), was installed in February 1997. STIS is the space telescope’s main "black hole hunter." A spectrograph uses prisms or diffraction gratings to split the incoming light into its rainbow pattern. The position and strength of the line in a spectrum gives scientists valuable information. STIS spans ultraviolet, visible, and near-infrared wavelengths. The instrument can take a spectrum of many places at once across the center of a galaxy. Each spectrum tells scientists how fast the stars and gas are swirling at that location. With that information, the central mass that the stars are orbiting can be calculated. The faster the stars go, the more massive the central object must be.

Yes and Pocahontas was a MI6 Mermaid and the mastermind behind the sinking of the Lusitania.

Are you gonna CITE this appropriately or leave this as Plagiarized?

A black hole cannot be viewed directly because light cannot escape it.

Well the First Step of the Scientific Method is: "Observe A Phenomenon".  So, this isn't "Science". It's a "Just-So" Story.

It can, however, be identified by its effect on the matter around it.

Well, Scientifically Validate...

a.  What Phenomenon was Observed...?
b.  Post the Formal Scientific Hypothesis then EXPERIMENT that validates your claim...?
c.  Highlight the "Independent Variable" that was used in the TEST...?
d.  Post the Null Hypothesis that was Rejected/Falsified...?

Matter swirling around a black hole heats up

Begging The Question (Fallacy):  'black hole'.  You can't use what your attempting to prove as a premise, until you've VALIDATED IT.

An instrument aboard the Hubble Space Telescope, called the Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph (STIS), was installed in February 1997.

Begging The Question Fallacy (x2).  'Hubble Telescope' and 'Space' (Vacuum of Space).  Please Validate...?

Rinse/Repeat for the rest of this Treatise.

regards