Empathy is destroying me

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I remember being on the 'wrong side of Youtube' as they call it. It was years ago when I stumbled upon a video of somebody infiltrating an animal-testing lab. The 'scientists' were unaware that they were being filmed. I saw a frightened beagle being mistreated, and then the next scene showed something to where I can't even speak it, nor forget about what I saw to this day. I've had dogs for over a decade and can't imagine something like that happening to them. Someone that replied to you suggested that you are like Christ if you have empathy. That's great, and I agree, but you can only imagine how God feels about the same things you have empathy for. The only difference is that He's better able to handle his emotions than we can.

It haunts me, and I'm not sure why it's coming back now all of the sudden, but as they say, Jesus said to cast all burdens on him. I'm starting to pray about it and can slightly feel a difference. I read verses to myself because they say words hold power. What you speak orbits around you. So, I feel like once I say the verses, that's what Imagine they are doing around me, and it helps me grow and have a firmer sense of armor over my emotions.