• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, inchrist said:

Are you denying that God dwelt in the first and second temple?

"When the priests came out of the sanctuary -- for the cloudl had filled the House of the LORD and the priests were not able to remain and perform the services be cause of the cloud, for the Presence of the LORD filled the House of the LORD -- then Solomon declared: 'The LORD has chosen to abide in a thick cloud: I have now built for you a stately House, a place where You may dwell forever (I Kings 8:10-13).

Matthew 23:38

Look, your house is left to you desolate

luke 2:48

49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house

‘And whoever swears by the temple  swears by it and by Him who dwells on that place.’ (Matthew 23:21)

Love to see how you going to solve this paradox now.

ROFL!!! Love to see how you'll react after reading this. Two nights in a row too.

Here, go down 14 verses to 1 Kings 8:27 and read it. Solomon built the temple but knows God will not dwell in it.

1 Kings 8:12-27 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 Then Solomon spoke:

“The Lord said He would dwell in the dark cloud.
13 I have surely built You an exalted house,
And a place for You to dwell in forever.”

14 Then the king turned around and blessed the whole assembly of Israel, while all the assembly of Israel was standing. 15 And he said: “Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, who spoke with His mouth to my father David, and with His hand has fulfilled it, saying, 16 ‘Since the day that I brought My people Israel out of Egypt, I have chosen no city from any tribe of Israel in which to build a house, that My name might be there; but I chose David to be over My people Israel.’ 17 Now it was in the heart of my father David to build a temple for the name of the Lord God of Israel. 18 But the Lord said to my father David, ‘Whereas it was in your heart to build a temple for My name, you did well that it was in your heart. 19 Nevertheless you shall not build the temple, but your son who will come from your body, he shall build the temple for My name.’ 20 So the Lord has fulfilled His word which He spoke; and I have filled the position of my father David, and sit on the throne of Israel, as the Lord promised; and I have built a temple for the name of the Lord God of Israel. 21 And there I have made a place for the ark, in which is the covenant of the Lord which He made with our fathers, when He brought them out of the land of Egypt.”

22 Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven; 23 and he said: “Lord God of Israel, there is no God in heaven above or on earth below like You, who keep Your covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts. 24 You have kept what You promised Your servant David my father; You have both spoken with Your mouth and fulfilled it with Your hand, as it is this day. 25 Therefore, Lord God of Israel, now keep what You promised Your servant David my father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man sit before Me on the throne of Israel, only if your sons take heed to their way, that they walk before Me as you have walked before Me.’ 26 And now I pray, O God of Israel, let Your word come true, which You have spoken to Your servant David my father.

27 “But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built!

And in other translations.

1 Kings 8:27 (CEB) But how could God possibly live on earth? If heaven, even the highest heaven, can't contain you, how can this temple that I've built contain you?

1 Kings 8:27 (ESV) "But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you; how much less this house that I have built!

1 Kings 8:27 (GNT) "But can you, O God, really live on earth? Not even all of heaven is large enough to hold you, so how can this Temple that I have built be large enough?

1 Kings 8:27 (KJV) But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

1 Kings 8:27 (NCV) "But, God, can you really live here on the earth? The sky and the highest place in heaven cannot contain you. Surely this house which I have built cannot contain you.

Once again, refuted by a verse taken from the same book and from the same chapter for two nights in a row now. Boy you really put your foot in your mouth.

So what was that about a paradox?

It only took me a couple of minutes to read the rest of the chapter and notice your error.......again!

The whole point of both the first and second temple being glories was due to the presence of God.....how can your fabled 3rd temple before Christ arrive be more glories than the 1st and second temple without the presence of God?

Its a simple question.

You are not above testing....sorry to tell you, honestly what did you expect by posting on this forum? Everyone just to agree with you, and not question your interpretations?

So basically you throw your toys out the cot because I have the nerve to test your interpretation, ask you to answer a question which apparently Im demanding, then tell me to go read the bible?

None of that answered my question, I asked you, that you need to show me that I am not allowed to have a gap between the first time and the second time the Lord came to Haggai.

Simple questions

And here again you sound like the story of the guy who won the lottery at work and then decided to go flick his finger at his boss and shouts "I quit!" He then  goes to the store to cash in on his ticket only to find out from the cashier that he didn't read his lottery numbers correctly because he didn't read the rest of the numbers written at the bottom.

Here, carefully read what it said at the bottom of your lottery ticket. 

1 Kings 8:27 (CEB) But how could God possibly live on earth? If heaven, even the highest heaven, can't contain you, how can this temple that I've built contain you?

1 Kings 8:27 (ESV) "But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you; how much less this house that I have built!

1 Kings 8:27 (GNT) "But can you, O God, really live on earth? Not even all of heaven is large enough to hold you, so how can this Temple that I have built be large enough?

1 Kings 8:27 (KJV) But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

1 Kings 8:27 (NCV) "But, God, can you really live here on the earth? The sky and the highest place in heaven cannot contain you. Surely this house which I have built cannot contain you.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

ROFL!!! Love to see how you'll react after reading this. Two nights in a row too.

Here, go down 14 verses to 1 Kings 8:27 and read it. Solomon built the temple but knows God will not dwell in it.

Where does Solomon claim he knew God wouldnt dwell in the temple? You're force fitting your opinion into Solomon's mouth.

All you have is Solomon not comprehending how God could dwell in the temple

12 Then Solomon said, “The Lord has said that he would dwell in a dark cloud; 13 I have indeed built a magnificent temple for you, a place for you to dwell forever.”

A place for you to dwell, should we just sweep this verse under the carpet?

Here we have Ezekiel seeing Gods shekinah (you might want to look that word up) leaving the 1st temple before the destruction of the 1st temple.

Ezekiel 10:18

Then the glory of the Lord departed from over the threshold of the temple and stopped above the cherubim.

A theme which we see reoccurring of God dwelling in the tabernacle.

In the very first tabernacle we see God dwelling in the tent.

Ex 39:34

Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. 35 Moses could not enter the tent of meeting because the cloud had settled on it, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Then God moved to the first temple

2 Chronicles 7

When Solomon finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple. The priests could not enter the temple of the Lord because the glory of the Lord filled it.

Then God leaves the 1st temple as per Ezekiel then God returns to the second temple

luke 2:48

49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house

‘And whoever swears by the temple  swears by it and by Him who dwells on that place.’ (Matthew 23:21

Then God leaves the second temple 

Matthew 23:38

Look, your house is left to you desolate

Then the tabernacle/ temple becomes Christ

They replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?"

This is why in Revelation 21:22 you find the following

I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple

Without this background you have no chance of understanding Haggai 2 prophecy.

The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the Lord Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace,’ declares theLord Almighty.” This is a prophecy of Christ, and was fullfilled by Christ when he walked into the temple as High priest.

The temple for which you claim must be built so the antichrist my desecrate doesnt even come close to fulfilling this prophecy.

. 18 ‘From this day on, from this twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, give careful thought to the day when the foundation of the Lord’s temple was laid. Give careful thought

The jews in this regard neglected to finish the 2nd temple hence Haggai call to prophecy.

Is there yet any seed left in the barn? Until now, the vine and the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree have not borne fruit. (Prophecy of believers in Christ)

From this day on I will bless you.’”

Fulfilled when they completed the second temple.

Acts 14:17New International Version (NIV)

17 Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”

The entire prophecy looks at the neglect to complete the second temple and looks towards Christ amd the body of Christ leading all the way to the shaking of heavens hence the gap in the two visions

20 The word of the Lord came to Haggai a second time on the twenty-fourth day of the month: 21 “Tell Zerubbabel governor of Judah that I am going to shake the heavens and the earth. 22 I will overturn royal thrones and shatter the power of the foreign kingdoms. I will overthrow chariots and their drivers; horses and their riders will fall, each by the sword of his brother.

A second time isnt part of the first time, two seperate visions.

And here again you sound like the story of the guy

Something I really don't understand with the preteib cults.....you guys are far to obssessed with character assassinations, what do you hope to achieve? That this verse is going to magically just disappear by attacking my character?

I have indeed built a magnificent temple for you, a place for you to dwell forever.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

"Something I really don't understand with the preteib cults.....you guys are far to obssessed with character assassinations, what do you hope to achieve? That this verse is going to magically just disappear by attacking my character?"

Understand your Bible son .... or are you just playing with it

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

17 hours ago, inchrist said:

Where does Solomon claim he knew God wouldnt dwell in the temple? You're force fitting your opinion into Solomon's mouth.

All you have is Solomon not comprehending how God could dwell in the temple

12 Then Solomon said, “The Lord has said that he would dwell in a dark cloud; 13 I have indeed built a magnificent temple for you, a place for you to dwell forever.”

A place for you to dwell, should we just sweep this verse under the carpet?

There's a difference between one person building a place for someone else to dwell in versus the other person actually accepting that person's invitation. 

Solomon building a temple for God doesn't mean God will actually dwell in it.

You think you can figure out the difference someday? So far it just continuously goes over your head.  

Acts 17:24 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.

Acts 7:48 New King James Version (NKJV)

48 “However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:

You're just boring to talk to inchrist.

Edited by Psalms37:4

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

There's a difference between one person building a place for someone else to dwell in versus the other person actually accepting that person's invitation. 

Solomon building a temple for God doesn't mean God will actually dwell in it.

God actually did

2 Chronicles 7

When Solomon finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple. The priests could not enter the temple of the Lord because the glory of the Lord filled it.

1 Kings 8: 12 Then Solomon said, “The Lord has said that he would dwell in a dark cloud

You think you can figure out the difference someday?

You think you can figure out God is omnipresent? 

Acts 17:24 New King James Version (NKJV)24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.

The Jews (Judah) werw boasting about the temple as if it gave them special access to God, in spite of their wicked behavior.

Stephen is showing them that the main issue is not the place where they worshiped, but rather having their hearts right before the Person of the Holy Creator. He was reminding them of the fact God could be worshipped anywhere and not just ina temple.

The Jews in Jeremiah’s day had done the same thing.

Jer. 7:9-10 (NET)
7:9 You steal. You murder. You commit adultery. You lie when you swear on oath. You sacrifice to the god Baal. You pay allegiance to other gods whom you have not previously known. 10 Then you come and stand in my presence in this temple I have claimed as my own and say, “We are safe!” You think you are so safe that you go on doing all those hateful sins! 

stand in my presence in this temple please allow that to sink in  

You're just boring to talk to inchrist.

Please stay away from prophecy, you do not have the emorional temperament for it.