• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, john1 said:

I think white America only cares about white America. Republicans are the last to help I see that in the bible belt in the south, I think we'd see more help if Mr. Obama was in, or Hillary.

And I know it's not popular to say this on a republican site.

You think wrong, john.  White Americans are the ones that donate the overwhelming majority of funds of charities.   As a white American who doesn't do the race thing, I find your comment offensive amd racost.  This is a Christian site NOT a Republican one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

5 minutes ago, john1 said:

I don't think I compared, I just stated.

Quote: The way God looks at it I've given way more than Donald Trump, ever did.

Back to Neighbors post, I have food anytime I want, clean water, many material blessings that seem more burden than blessings. 

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Who here knows of good help under way that maybe worthy of supporting? Anyone? I'm shamed as of just yesterday after realizing the extremes we are allowing for ourselves to

Shamed?  Yes some. Do we want to respond out of shame, or are we desperate for God to lead us specifically on what we are to do?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

You think wrong, john.  White Americans are the ones that donate the overwhelming majority of funds of charities.   As a white American who doesn't do the race thing, I find your comment offensive amd racost.  This is a Christian site NOT a Republican one. 

I laughed at the “as a white-I don’t do the race thing!”

right there with ya!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, secretopossumcabal said:

despite the world spitting back at his face, and for that reason I believe that God is with him

Image result for what was the first president cartoon of washington

Every president has had it done.
Like I said this wouldn't be popular on a republican site, but God isn't a republican.

1 minute ago, john1 said:

Image result for what was the first president cartoon of washington

Every president has had it done.
Like I said this wouldn't be popular on a republican site, but God isn't a republican.

Don’t know how this is a republican website, though it would be impossible to reconcile the Democrat position on abortion with God’s word. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

People forget how many homeless (White,Black, Hispanic, Native American) people/families there are in America living on the Streets, Tents or in Their Cars because rent is so Ridiculously High in some areas.

It's weird how it's Not socially expectable for people to go hungry in America, but it Is socially expectable for people not have a place to live in America.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Also, it usually takes over $2,000 to get a good apartment for the deposit and everything else etc. Many people have to live with their families to even survive.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

7 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Democrat position on abortion

1 Corinthians chapter 4 verse 6

Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

World Giving Index

’Tis the season for giving. And the latest World Giving Index shows that Americans are among the world’s most generous people, ranking No. 5 out of 140 countries. U.S. donors in 2016 gave more than $389 billion to charity, with 72 percent of the funds coming directly from individuals, according to the National Philanthropic Trust.

But Americans do more than reach in their pockets to help others. They also contribute their time — and plenty of it. Nearly 63 million people volunteer in the U.S., serving a combined total of 7.9 billion hours per year, the equivalent of $184 billion of service.

3 hours ago, john1 said:

I think white America only cares about white America. Republicans are the last to help I see that in the bible belt in the south, I think we'd see more help if Mr. Obama was in, or Hillary.

And I know it's not popular to say this on a republican site.

John1 said;  As far as I know the poster didn't say puerto rico needs jobs.

“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”
Everybody needs a job.

I think your right about Obama and Hillary, John. The giving money part. Great voter appeal.  But it's like this.  Say one day your standing together with them and see some homeless guy sleeping under the bridge, and Hillary says to Obama, "We need to help that man" Obama replies " your right Hillary, something should be done immediately" they turn to look at you, John1, and together say "John, give us your wallet, we are going to take care of him ".................................:cool:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

Quote: The way God looks at it I've given way more than Donald Trump, ever did.

Back to Neighbors post, I have food anytime I want, clean water, many material blessings that seem more burden than blessings. 

Shamed?  Yes some. Do we want to respond out of shame, or are we desperate for God to lead us specifically on what we are to do?

Hi all,

I stated my own emotion. I  was personally struck and ashamed that I had not been paying attention to the conditions still at Puerto Rico. TV News and a promotion for the tv program The Profit alerted me. I looked on the internet for news and conditions, was a bit shocked , and feel convicted that I should be doing something personally to be of some help in the name of our lord Jesus. 

Sorry that my inquiry opened up a fight between Democrats and Republicans.  I haven't been aware that the Holy Spirit is telling me to register as one or the other before trying to join in an effort to help people at Puerto Rico that are in some dire strait.

I am more used to individuals that act in the name of my Lord God and savior Jesus to His glory and share of His gospel. So please forgive me starting dissension among the political rivals.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1