wole

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." Galatians 5:25. 
What does it mean to walk in the Spirit and live in the Spirit? 
Are there any difference between the two? 
Is it possible for someone to live in the Spirit and still don't walk in the Spirit? 
These are the questions that run through my mind anytime I read this scripture. And here are my thoughts:
"Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives." (The Message).
 It is possible to have the spirit in us because believers have received the Holy Spirit as a seal upon them. ( we live in the Spirit). We all know that we received a new life when we were saved, a life of the Spirit 2Cor5:17. But following(walking) the Spirit is not what everyone does. This is where the difference is, and this is the main task of every believer or let me say the "work" part of our Christian life. This is the work that James was talking about our faith. As we all know that our salvation, our justification, our redemption and everything that makes us right with God were all a gift from Him, we did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to have it. But following the Holy Spirit in our day to day live is a matter of choice. You can chose to obey and chose not to obey the Spirit. And only those who obey bears the fruit Galatians 5:25. This fruit is not a gift of the Spirit it is a fruit you bear as you walk in the Spirit. Jesus made it clearer in the book of John15, verse 5 says "...he that abideth in me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit". You can not bear fruit except you walk in the spirit, and this is what makes people identify you as a true son of Your Father.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Excellent post, wole. The boot camp of becoming a soldier for God's army. John 15 has always been my favorite "how to" in scripture. Abide. Tabernacle. Pitch a tent. Let go -let God. Keep the WiFi on, stay connected, the internal connection. Awareness. Keep coming back. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (constant direction) I believe the steering wheel is in my hands, I decide to turn left or right. I have free will, choice. But, more important, I have a connection with the navigator, giving direction. Trust in Him. Not my own direction (Abide).  He says turn right, turn right. This only works if I'm listening to Him (abiding), and obeying direction(obedience). He has the map, knows the destination, I follow. Or not! Choice. Decisions, influenced (abiding) or not influenced, (not abiding) Not walking in the Spirit.  God knows the way through darkness. God is light!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

4 hours ago, wole said:

except you walk

I believe walking in the spirit is walking in love, and helping people when you are able.

Proverbs chapter 10 verse 12

Love covers all wrongs.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 12/23/2017 at 4:19 AM, wole said:

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." Galatians 5:25. 
What does it mean to walk in the Spirit and live in the Spirit? 
Are there any difference between the two? 
Is it possible for someone to live in the Spirit and still don't walk in the Spirit? 
These are the questions that run through my mind anytime I read this scripture. And here are my thoughts:
"Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives." (The Message).
 It is possible to have the spirit in us because believers have received the Holy Spirit as a seal upon them. ( we live in the Spirit). We all know that we received a new life when we were saved, a life of the Spirit 2Cor5:17. But following(walking) the Spirit is not what everyone does. This is where the difference is, and this is the main task of every believer or let me say the "work" part of our Christian life. This is the work that James was talking about our faith. As we all know that our salvation, our justification, our redemption and everything that makes us right with God were all a gift from Him, we did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to have it. But following the Holy Spirit in our day to day live is a matter of choice. You can chose to obey and chose not to obey the Spirit. And only those who obey bears the fruit Galatians 5:25. This fruit is not a gift of the Spirit it is a fruit you bear as you walk in the Spirit. Jesus made it clearer in the book of John15, verse 5 says "...he that abideth in me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit". You can not bear fruit except you walk in the spirit, and this is what makes people identify you as a true son of Your Father.

25 Since it is through the Spirit that we have Life, let it also be through the Spirit that we order our lives day by day.