• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1983

37 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

The last person I began to see, until 2011, developed alcoholism as well.

I gave him an herbal formula to help fight this disease, but he refused to take it.  He had no money and was hooked on anti-depressants.  They left him with little will power (and as we are just learning, atrophy the brain).  A friend was housing him and after my failed marriage, I decided to keep a healthy distance from him, until he decided whether to live or die, from his disease.

He's dead now.

I am so sorry for your loss.  I truly appreciate your sharing your experiences.  I know it must bring back some painful memories.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

5 hours ago, Michael Cisneros said:

I am so sorry for your loss.  I truly appreciate your sharing your experiences.  I know it must bring back some painful memories.

She is sharing that because this could happen to YOU. My suggestion is, call this number: (888) 425-2666, the Al-Anon help lineIt will help you not only to know how to handle your wife's behavior, but how to deal with your issues also. Addictions are an insidious form of illness, and they can and do end in death. Please read about the roles family plays in addiction. Since your wife is in legal trouble now, there is no time to lose. Praying!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members

I am hurting really bad right now.  I just did the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  I just informed my wife that I filed for divorce.  I did not come to this decision lightly.  It is with a heavy broken heart that i do this.  I ask for prayers for her, for our children, and for myself.

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

Praying

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praying!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members

I have been to two Al Anon classes now.  Already it has really helped me opened my eyes.  I now see how long I have been in denial about how bad things were getting, and for how long.  For anyone reading this who is also living with alcoholism in the family, please find an Al Anon group.  One day at a time, one step at a time, your healing can begin.  To everyone who has offered personal experiences, advice, and prayers.... thank you.  I am so grateful for all of you. God bless each and every one of you all.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 12/28/2017 at 3:15 PM, Michael Cisneros said:

No, this developed over time.  She freely admits she has a problem.  She refuses to listen and therefore is either in denial about the damage it is causing our family, or she doesn't care.  I truly hate to think it is the latter of the two.

Hi Michael, I have some family members that are in bondage to addictions.  I think it is a generation curse.  The Lord has been revealing to me lately that we need to pray (do battle in the courts of heaven) the devil is the accuser and our adversary.  God the Father is the judge.  We have the best lawyer, Jesus who died for our sins.   You say she is a believer,  Jesus died for her sins too.  He has cleansed her from her sins.  Keep praying for her by speaking and proclaiming LIFE.  When you pray for her, you will be declaring that she will be a woman of righteousness, she will be holy because God is holy.  She will be a Godly wife and mother to her boys.  She will live the life that God had planned for her in His books.  You will declare that she will be strong in her faith and turn and flee from sin.  James gives us a great example.  The tongue has the power.  Our words have power in them.  Declare blessings over your wife and pray for her.  Get right with the Lord first yourself and then start battling for your wife, your marriage, and family.  That movie "WAR ROOM" would be great to watch.  The prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  Start getting on your knees and start praying!  Fast and pray!  That is even more serious if you want to save your marriage. 

Oh, and btw, I don't believe that it's because she "doesn't care"  I believe that they are so in the bondage to sin, they have no self-control and then feel guilty and hate themselves for their actions.  They can't help themselves.  That is why one of the fruit of the Spirit is self-control.  That is how the devil keeps them in bondage, a vicious circle really. 

May the Lord guide you and as you call upon the Name of the Lord for help!  Call Him, and He will come to your rescue!  Praying for you!