Abuse in marriage

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

You seem to be saying that it is ok to violate scripture in some cases if the wife isn't doing right.  Women use this same argument to disobey their husbands.  They will claim that if the husband isn't living according to the Bible in all areas, they don't have to submit to their authority.  We are all accountable to God, so neither the man nor the woman has a right to violate scripture because the other isn't following God.  

This says it all.  Men are to love their wives, and women are to respect their husbands.  One person breaking the dynamic is never an excuse for the other person to do so.  It's a shame that there seem to be so many misinformed posts floating around trying to justify things that just aren't biblical...in the name of the Bible, even. 

Apologies if I've missed the answer to this, but what are your wife's thoughts on the commitment to her faith and to marriage?  (1 Cor 7:15)

All we can do is 1) fulfill, to the best part of our ability, our end of the marriage and 2) pray.  Men and women are both created in God's image (Genesis 1:26), and there is no male or female distinction in the body of Christ (Galatians 3:28).  Props to Tony for looking for a godly way through the storm he's experiencing. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Shalom,

Tony, I agree with Missmuffet as for one side of the story. Therefore, as Yowm suggested, kindly visit a good Pastor, will you? Come prepared for Confession and to answer the questions Missmuffet asked. For, as it seems to me, it's not a Christian family and you are not a spiritual leader there, not even close. Confess your sins to GOD, your transgressing every Commandment of Ten, your being zero as a husband in the Eyes of GOD. Ask His Forgiveness, better witnessed by that Pastor or good Christian Friend. After that, ask your wife to forgive you for being not the head of the family as you should.

May GOD help you.

Igor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Men are to love their wives as Christ loved the Church.....Christ gave His life for the Church. A husband who treats his wife like gold, even to the extent he would give up everything for her will have no trouble finding a wife that will happily submit to him.Submission does not give a man the right to mistreat or to be a controlling tyrant.He neither has the right to demand her to do anything against Her conscious. She is a companion, not a Slave.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 4/2/2018 at 11:35 PM, Abby-Joy said:

Your definition of a man is not what women want... yes, women want their men to be men, and display strength, but not domineering and controlling freaks nor to be treated like a child.... I'd never come near a "man" like that with a 1000ft pole, nor would I allow them near my children. 

:amen:  & :amen:

• Loved it! 1