• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

The sheer number out there sure is worrying. We've found the biggies but the numbers are huge... even small ones would be devastating. This bombardment is how planets form. Remember Schumacher Levi 9 in the 90s? Thankfully for us...jupiter has hoovered up more than its share. Just says the solar system is not the finished article.

We had many hit is in the past though..our surface is more dynamic than the moon... check the hits there. 

Don't know why we need to add God influencing or allowing... how to show causation... we have nothing beyond physical laws at work. If we're due a big impact let us hope it's far enough in our future we can do something to stop it hitting by then.

On the shape...asteroid shape isn't unduely influenced by gravity... in that they aren't big like planets so wouldn't need to be spherical. Lots don't look like anything.. it's seeing shapes in clouds. Maybe this will miss and in 100 years one that looks like a teddy bear will hit☺

I agree on what you said about meteors.  They are definitely out there and have hit us before.  it will happen again.  As for why God is brought into the subject....

Revelation 8 KJV

10And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

12And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I agree on what you said about meteors.  They are definitely out there and have hit us before.  it will happen again.  As for why God is brought into the subject....

Revelation 8 KJV

10And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

12And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

The rock of 2032 will impact earth and split her in half. Odds are against it but Revelation 8 verse 12 comes true and earth moves faster maken days shorter and the years the odds, well, no odds it will happen.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Revelation 8 KJV

Of course ancient people would have observed asteroids and meteors same as we do now. Minus the angel bit... we don't attribute that now.

How do you interpret the 2nd paragraph ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

On 12/23/2017 at 10:06 PM, MorningGlory said:

I think the appearance of this asteroid is just a natural ocurrance but it's nearness to Earth is worrisome.  I don't think I will worry overly much about it though; it won't hit us unless the Lord allows it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/incredibly-creepy-skull-shaped-asteroid-going-cruise-earth-152944797.html

1) Its from bgr, which is hyped click bait site.

2) Thats not even how it looks. That is an artist rendering and not the actual image nor is it an accurate depiction. 

3) This year other asteroids have come much closer than this thing is expected to do. Its coming to 15 or so lunar distances. We had some this year that came within the orbit of the moon and didnt get the hype this one is. 

Avoid bgr. Its fake click bait.

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Of course ancient people would have observed asteroids and meteors same as we do now. Minus the angel bit... we don't attribute that now.

How do you interpret the 2nd paragraph ?

I interpret that passage to mean artificial winter brought on by the asteroid/meteor creating massive amounts of debris that hangs in the atmosphere for a time.  Much as scientists believe happened sixty five million years ago when the asteroid hit the Yucatan Peninsula.  I'm sure others may interpret it differently.

8 hours ago, ezekiel said:

The rock of 2032 will impact earth and split her in half. Odds are against it but Revelation 8 verse 12 comes true and earth moves faster maken days shorter and the years the odds, well, no odds it will happen.

Would you care to explain what you are talking about?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

8 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Revelation 8 KJV

30 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

interpret that passage to mean artificial winter brought on by the asteroid/meteor creating massive amounts of debris that hangs in the atmosphere for a time.  Much as scientists believe happened sixty five million years ago when the asteroid hit the Yucatan Peninsula.  I'm sure others may interpret it differently.

I initially read into it starting to talk about coronal mass ejections from the sun but the rest doesn't follow or make sense. This is the problem when things are so non specific vague. 

I'm kinda with you on passage 1. The trouble is we're reading what we know back into this... it's kinda leading the evidence. 

59 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I initially read into it starting to talk about coronal mass ejections from the sun but the rest doesn't follow or make sense. This is the problem when things are so non specific vague. 

I'm kinda with you on passage 1. The trouble is we're reading what we know back into this... it's kinda leading the evidence. 

It IS somewhat vague but we have to remember the authors of the Bible didn't have the knowledge of the natural world that we have today and they expressed themselves differently than people do now.   I read Scripture by reading it, standing back and considering the entirety of the Book I am reading, and doing my best to see it that way.  It takes practice and sometimes takes reading the same material multiple times. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Agreed MG.    If we don't take in the general cosmology that was believed at the time I don't think we can get the real context of what's being said...    

Flat earth would be a good example of this.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

13 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Would you care to explain what you are talking about?

Our sun/star controls how earth flies, spins, weather, ect. Ezekiel's Wheels. Now earth is slowing, ice caps move down cold weather. As Christ has said if He don't speed earth all prophecy of the end will fail and earth also, we won't make it to the end and all will be lost. Now if you don't see the stars as much, moon, and others as the verse states. Its simple earth spins faster as Christ has said and that Angel under Christ controls the sun same as the bible says. Now more prophecy when the speed up happens earth will be a mess, warm air will invade the ice poles, melt but that's not all plenty more. Weather, expect winds also step up, tornatos will sweep the planet. Do you see truth in Revelations.