IGNORED

The Gift of Prophecy: Is It Still Given Today?

ForHisGlory37

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

22 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

I do understand what you are trying to say.....but the Bible also says in Mark 16 

The Great Commission

14 Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.]]

Miracles are occurring in various places....all over the world and is being recorded and documented. 

Well, I have to go do some studying......maybe catch up again later. 

God Bless.

The sign gifts were for verification of the message and The Messenger:
John 14:11 (KJV)
[11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
John 4:48 (KJV)
[48] Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

Yes and verified that nothing like what is written in the Scriptures is occurring today... 

Miracles are occurring in various places....all over the world and is being recorded and documented.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.]]

Yes......and the Lord is still working with us and confirming His message with accompanying signs....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

37 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

Yes......and the Lord is still working with us and confirming His message with accompanying signs....

No matter how much you want a thing it will only be so if it is so ... and if you were an honest person what you read occurring in Scripture, as to the power of miracles displayed, are not displayed in our present assemblies... it is self evident by examination which many do and report back!

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

No matter how much you want a thing it will only be so if it is so ... and if you were an honest person what you read occurring in Scripture, as to the power of miracles displayed, are not displayed in our present assemblies... it is self evident by examination which many do and report back!

Okay enoob57....you presume to know what is displayed in "our" present assemblies....speak for your assembly not mine.......the fact that you have not experienced the supernatural power and anointing of the Holy Spirit in your life is sad......but as for the rest of us who have we give God all the Glory for answering our prayers and manifesting His presence in our midst. And scripture does say that signs and miracles can come from Satan.... how quick people jump on that train and say this is the only one who has power to perform miracles today. This is what the Pharisees and Sadducees accused Jesus of...that His power came from Beelzebub...Jesus had the perfect answer for them. But isn't it ironic that people can believe in Satan's power and ability to perform signs and wonders in the last days but not God? SMH......

http://revelationofjesus.net/important-questions/can-satan-perform-miracles.html

"Some believers have decided that since Satan will work miracles at the end of time, the safest plan is simply to reject all miracles. But miracles and signs are a fundamental manifestation of the power that God gives to His people when they believe in Him.  “And these signs will follow those who believe:  In My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues, they will take up serpents and if they drink anything deadly it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover” (Mark 16:17,18)."

I have been respectful to you....not calling you names, making accusations or any thing derogatory....you do not reciprocate that same respect towards me so as I first stated I don't mind sharing back and forth but I prefer not to participate in striving against a brother or sister in Christ. 

I am an honest person about my faith and my beliefs and I supply scripture to support my beliefs. 

I am done with this debate.....moving on....I will leave this as I agree to disagree.... 

God Bless....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Hidden In Him said:

LoL. That's pretty much the case here in the US as well, although in many cases they're no longer quite so happy anymore either. When the Holy Spirit leaves, it opens the door for all sorts of other spirits that are not so pleasant, especially gossip, back-biting and strife.

Think you could give some detail on this? I like hearing good reports, since they tend to be fewer in number then I wish they would be around here.

I am of The Revival Fellowship a Biblically obedient Pentecostal church where we submit to the scriptures and conduct ourselves decently and in order.

> we preach the full gospel of salvation and omit no verses concerning the Kingdom of God and the need to be converted.

> repentance from our lives, etc.

> full immersion water baptism confessing one's faith in salvation and in our Lord Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice.

> baptism in the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues [praying in the Holy Spirit].

> becoming a member of the body of Christ > a new creation > a person with a testimony.

> worship meetings are conducted in accordance with 1Corinthians 14 and at each worship meeting we conduct the operation of the three 

voice gifts of the Holy Spirit as Paul writes of:

> up to 3 gifts of diversity of tongues

> each such gift followed sequentially by the gift of interpretation

> then up to 3 gifts of prophecy.

We are very straighforward, and we do not worship through excessive praise and worship music nor entertainment, but rather through the 

reading and living of the Word of God. 

No one gets slain, nor falls over, nor acts silly, etc. 

The Bible clearly writes and teaches us that when believers are baptized in the Holy Spirit they simply speak in a new tongue and enjoy the 

revelation of truth.

Then converts need to learn and grow in walking in the Spirit and in overcoming the flesh. This is an ongoing process of learning and 

becoming more mature; grounded and stablished upon the Word > being a doer of the Word > being led by the Spirit and ultimately one 

ought to have the fruit of the Spirit evident in our lives and all that we do in the name of our Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Hidden In Him said:

Think you could give some detail on this? I like hearing good reports, since they tend to be fewer in number then I wish they would be around here.

Papua New Guinea is experiencing a tremendous Pentecostal Holy Spirit revival where entire villages at a time are being 

converted by the power and promises of the full gospel of salvation. 

The head pastor is Godfrey Wippon who was working down under in Australia at our public broadcaster and was baptized in water 

and the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues.

Godfrey needed to return to PNG as his mother was dying and went back to her village. She was on her deathbed and Godfrey laid hands 

on her and prayed for her healing. She was miraculously healed and raised up in front of the entire village population looking on.

So when Godfrey preached Christ Jesus to the village they as a community [clan/kinship structure] all got baptized by full immersion 

and sought to also be baptized in the Holy Spirit. 

These signs shall follow them that believe ... how true it is and also necessary to confirm and uphold the spiritual truth of the gospel 

and Christ Jesus as the risen Lord and God in nations experienced with the activity of spiritual powers and witchcrafts.

For in the Third World spiritual power like black magic and the witch doctor is very real, and all fear the power and dangers of magic.

The miracles and cleansing through believing and embracing the full gospel of salvation challenges traditional tribal beliefs and removes 

the fear of witchcraft, etc. from such people. 

Raising the dead, healing the incurable, giving sight to the blind, and so on is powerful and declares a wonderful truth that Jesus is the 

true and living God to be worshipped.

Papua New Guinea has gone from one man and one village to now hundreds of villages and some 50,000 plus Pentecostal speaking in 

tongues saints - extraordinary > Fiji > Vanuatu > Solomon Islands > New Zealand > Bougainvillea > Indonesia > Asia 

http://www.revivalcentresofpng.org/ 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/23/2017 at 9:49 PM, ForHisGlory37 said:

I have been to some churches where the pastors have said that there is no more gifts of prophecy given anymore because we have everything we need in the Bible.  After studying some of the scriptures, (I'm sure there is more ) I believe this is just not the case.  Why would Paul write so much about prophecy in 1 Corinthians and Ephesians? Again, I believe that the so-called pastors are regurgitating what they have been taught.  And, that most in the church are too lazy to test the words of the pastor themselves by searching the Scriptures.  We need to stop listening to the lies of pastors who knowingly or unknowingly say things that go against the Word of God and search for ourselves to find His Truth.  I've also been told I can't hear the Lord speaking because everything God has to say has been said in the Bible.  That just really upset me because I know I've heard the Lord speak to me very clearly.  I mean, Jesus even said that His sheep know His voice.  But here are some verses that pertain to the gift of prophecy. 

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. (I believe this is when Christ comes back that ties into Ephesians 4: 11-13)  No, I don't think "that which is perfect is come " is the Bible but The Word (Jesus) at His second coming for it says in Ephesians 4:11-13  And he gave some, apostles; and some prophets;and some, evangelists;and some pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ; Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of god, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. I don't know about you but I don't think the church if perfect yet and it certainly needs edifying, and most certainly the churches are not unified in our faith. 

1 Corinthians 14:3d  But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

1 Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

1 Corinthians 14: 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

1 Corinthians 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

1 Thessalonians 5:20 Despise not prophesyings

Joel 2:28-29 And it shall come to pass afterward, That I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and yours sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions: and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Acts 2: 17-18 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:  And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

The lying wolves have infiltrated the churches and have even the ignorant pastors teaching and preaching there is no more gift of prophesy.  Why?  I believe it's to weaken the church, to steal the power given to believers that we may use to exhort, to comfort, to speak the truth of God.  Isn't that just what Satan loves to do?  This kind of heretical teaching has stolen the power of the saints and has rendered them weak and defenseless, and confused.  Satan doesn't want believers to know that all have the gift of prophesy because then he would be trembling in fear of the believers walking in the knowledge of the power given to them through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe the scriptures say exactly what you said about when perfection comes.

1Cor 13:9-12,

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

["know" and "prophesy" are present tense. Paul is talking of the present time.]

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

["shall be done away" is future tense. Nothing done away with yet.]

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Verse 12 speaks of "now" and "then." Clearly, Paul is speaking of the future.

Here is something few Christians see in the scriptures. Prophecy, as well as tongues, interpretation of tongues, faith, healing, miracles, word of knowledge, word of wisdom, and discerning of spirits are not gifts.

1Cor 12:7-10,

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

The gift is holy spirit which all born again believers receive the moment they confess the Lord Jesus and believe God raised them from the dead (Rom 10:9-10).

Holy spirit is spirit and as such can not be seen, heard, smelled, tasted, or touched.

John 3:6,

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Spirit and flesh are like oil and water. They don't mix. Every born again child of God has the gift of holy spirit. That is God's new creation in them (Eph 2:10) and the crux of the new birth. Inherent within that gift is the ability to operate the manifestations (not gifts) mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10. It is up to each individual's free will to operate the manifestation. The ability is there for every child of God to operate any or all of the nine different ways the spirit can be manifested, or brought into the senses realm. You can't hear spirit, but you can hear yourself as you speak in tongues, interpret that which you spoke in tongues or prophecy (while in a group of believers. Tongues itself is for your own private prayer life. [1 C0r 14:2-5. ]). So they are called manifestations because they are thee 9 ways unseen spirit can be brought into the senses realm.

Edited by rrobs
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 4/17/2018 at 9:47 AM, enoob57 said:

Matt 13:58,

And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

There is nothing wrong with the promises in the scriptures. The problem is not believing them. God seldom acts unless some believer somewhere believes and acts upon what he said. God has no hands but our hands with which to serve the bread of life. It's up to people to learn, believe, and then act upon all the promises God as given in His word. God will never force anyone to perform any mighty work. The devil does (false signs and wonders), but not God.

Acts 6:8,

And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Who did the great wonders and miracles? While it may sound pious and respectful to say God did them, the verse actually says Stephen did them. God gave him the ability via the new birth, but He didn't force Stephen to do anything. Stephen, by his own free will, operated the gift God had given him. With few exceptions, God's hands are tied unless some person believes what God tells them and acts upon that belief. Any assemblies that are not seeing signs, wonders, and miracles are not seeing them because of unbelief. There is nothing wrong with God. People's unbelief is the problem.

We must always use the scriptures themselves, and nothing but the scriptures, as our sole rule of faith and practice. Experience, feelings, or opinions are useless when it comes to understanding God.

Take care...

Edited by rrobs
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

"Experience, feelings, or opinions are useless when it comes to understanding God."

So very not true, the experiencing of G-d is what the Bible explains to us, Jesus told us when Holy Spirit comes He will guide, speak and show, these are all experiences.

To believe we cannot trust the experiences He gives leads to what He also said of these days, that many would have an outward form of godliness, denying the power thereof.

Edited by CSLJ

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This gentleman was in our area recently and we enjoyed working in and with the prophetic word of G-d. Brian Fenimore-plumbline ministry, with many great teachings on you tube.