IGNORED

The Gift of Prophecy: Is It Still Given Today?

ForHisGlory37

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

In The Revival Fellowship, a Pentecostal church that is obedient to the word of God, we still exercise the gift 

of prophecy at our worship meetings. 

Discipline and obedience to the Word is very important for it is exactly as to why God has gone to all the trouble for it to be written 

and preserved for our benefit. But be ye doers of the word and not hearers only. 

Thus we know with surety that there are nine gifts distributed freely to Pentecostal saints for the edification and perfection of 

the body of Christ. 

7  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another diverse kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11  But all these work that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12  For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1Corinthians 12:

Thank God we have all these nine gifts available to us in The Revival Fellowship so that our faith, our walk, our testimonies, our worship services, are 

still empowered and uplifted by the work of the Holy Spirit who dwells within us all. 

So being obedient to the Word of God we follow the instructions given to us by no less than Paul the Apostle on how to conduct a church 

service decently and in order - 1Corinthians 14: 

26  How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation.

Let all things be done unto edifying.

27  If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28  But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
29  Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30  If any thing be revealed to another that sits by, let the first hold his peace.
31  For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

Therefore we operate the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit as mentioned above -

tongues followed by interpretation [up to 3 times] 

and then up to 3 gifts of prophecy [inspired speaking by the Holy Ghost]

Wonderful and marvellous as both Jesus and our Father elaborate on their word and Bible prophecy. 

All for the benefit and salvation of His children and His church.

Edited by Waggles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

The lying wolves have infiltrated the churches and have even the ignorant pastors teaching and preaching there is no more gift of prophesy. 

Ever since the Romans instituted sun-day worship (anti-Sabbath) and mutilated much of the scriptures, there has been error in the Church that God winked at. This thin wedge of error will likely be the opening that the devil will use to further his aims.

After all, Darby and Scofield did a great job of popularizing the Jesuit idea of the pre-trib rapture and its accompanying distortion of scriptures. Francisco Ribera and Lacunzo wanted to add 45 days between the rapture and the 2nd coming - and so Darby etc., used this idea.

This is getting more of an issue today as the old rome is calling again for world unity. So much of what is taught in seminaries and bible colleges is just plain propaganda for the denomination. It has little truth. I am afraid all the church seems to have done is ham-string the believers and hoodwink them into trusting pulpits rather than personal industry in scholarship.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Waggles said:

In The Revival Fellowship, a Pentecostal church that is obedient to the word of God, we still exercise the gift 

of prophecy at our worship meetings. 

Discipline and obedience to the Word is very important for it is exactly as to why God has gone to all the trouble for it to be written 

and preserved for our benefit. But be ye doers of the word and not hearers only. 

Thus we know with surety that there are nine gifts distributed freely to Pentecostal saints for the edification and perfection of 

the body of Christ. 

7  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another diverse kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11  But all these work that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12  For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1Corinthians 12:

Thank God we have all these nine gifts available to us in The Revival Fellowship so that our faith, our walk, our testimonies, our worship services, are 

still empowered and uplifted by the work of the Holy Spirit who dwells within us all. 

So being obedient to the Word of God we follow the instructions given to us by no less than Paul the Apostle on how to conduct a church 

service decently and in order - 1Corinthians 14: 

26  How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation.

Let all things be done unto edifying.

27  If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28  But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
29  Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
30  If any thing be revealed to another that sits by, let the first hold his peace.
31  For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

Therefore we operate the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit as mentioned above -

tongues followed by interpretation [up to 3 times] 

and then up to 3 gifts of prophecy [inspired speaking by the Holy Ghost]

Wonderful and marvellous as both Jesus and our Father elaborate on their word and Bible prophecy. 

All for the benefit and salvation of His children and His church.

Thank you for your insight.  I still have a few more questions......

Why is it that the Pentecostal churches believe and operate the gift of prophecy and Baptists do not?  When I heard that with my ears, even my spirit screamed that that was not truth.  How can they totally ignore several chapters of Scripture and Paul exhorting the gift of prophecy in the Bible?  I don't get it? 

• Thumbs Up 1

As I am not an U.S. American I can only write of how things are Downunder. 

It seems to me as an outsider that Christian faiths and doctrines are highly "flexible" and vary much within 

the same denomination. 

Here in Australia Baptist churches are definitely not charismatic or Pentecostal but just protestant churches 

similar to Lutheran, Methodist, Church of Christ and so on. Except they mostly have the practice of full immersion water baptism. 

Pentecostalism varies greatly also. 

The old AOG congregations have degenerated into Hillsong and Paradise churches based on prosperity gospel and full 

of praise and worship music - we call them 'happy clappy' churches. 

Obedience and submission to the word of God, and the faith and resolve to uphold all of the gospel is a great challenge. 

Many have come and been baptized in water and in the Holy Spirit (with the Bible evidence of speaking in a new tongue) 

yet so many leave and go to other churches that give them more freedom to whatever .... 

So those of us who exercise the gift of faith given to us and remain steadfast and sure on the foundation laid down by 

no other than Jesus Christ keep on keeping on. We know what we have and value it. 

The voice gifts by the Holy Spirit are very reassuring to the truth and approval of Biblical Pentecostal gospel and worship.

And in the gifts of prophecy both Jesus and our Father speak that our spiritual language is true to Mark 16: wherein 

Jesus declares openly that 'these signs shall follow them that believe." 

Often in the gift of prophecy God extols us to pray fervently in tongues - in the spiritual language that he has given us by 

his indwelling Holy Spirit. It is like an incense smoke that comes up into heaven and that he savours our prayers. 

The book of Acts is alive and is coming to fruition throughout the world, more so in the Third World and in Asia where the 

power of these signs is convicting people as to the truth of Jesus the Christ being the true God of salvation.

Acts 2:38-39 along with Mark 16:15-20 still happening. 

Edited by Waggles
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Revival Fellowship is not only here in Australia but we also have an assembly or two in the U.S.A. 

http://trffresno.org/ 

Nick 

4 hours ago, Waggles said:

The Revival Fellowship is not only here in Australia but we also have an assembly or two in the U.S.A. 

http://trffresno.org/ 

Nick 

Thank you Waggles (Nick)!  I don't live in CA anymore.  I do attend an AOG right now.  It is alive and healthy by the Grace of God even though we don't have a pastor.  Our elders have been taking turns preaching and it's been really good for them!  There is something about our church and that is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  We left our other church because it was D.E.A.D.  very sad really.  How can it be alive when they don't even recognize the work of the Holy Spirit?  God called us out of there and we thank Him.  This is been very different for us because both my hubby and I grew up in Baptist and Presbyterian, never AOG.  But wherever the Spirit of God leads us, we will obey and go  He always has our best interest at heart. ;)  God is Good!  All the time!

• Thumbs Up 1

Amen to that. 

Jesus himself took me by my ears and brought me out of Catholicism into a Bible obedient Pentecostal Fellowship. 

I was reluctant to leave the "mother" church and embrace a new completely different doctrine but the Lord had other plans 

for me. I came into a suburban hall building being quite surprised that there were no stained glass windows, nor large crosses, 

nor did they have pews and a baptismal font. I was very wary. 

But I enjoyed that very first night way back in October 1996 - it was a powerpoint presentation on the Great Pyramid of Giza - 

the word of God in stone. 

Anyway I've been there ever since. 

The link for the Fresno Assembly is useful as we post many testimonies to miracles and healings on our sites. 

Good witnessing tools. 

Also there is material on why speaking in tongues is the Bible evidence of baptism of the Holy Spirit, 

along with information on the other gifts of the Holy Spirit. 

God bless from Australia

Nick :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Waggles said:

Amen to that. 

Jesus himself took me by my ears and brought me out of Catholicism into a Bible obedient Pentecostal Fellowship. 

I was reluctant to leave the "mother" church and embrace a new completely different doctrine but the Lord had other plans 

for me. I came into a suburban hall building being quite surprised that there were no stained glass windows, nor large crosses, 

nor did they have pews and a baptismal font. I was very wary. 

But I enjoyed that very first night way back in October 1996 - it was a powerpoint presentation on the Great Pyramid of Giza - 

the word of God in stone. 

Anyway I've been there ever since. 

The link for the Fresno Assembly is useful as we post many testimonies to miracles and healings on our sites. 

Good witnessing tools. 

Also there is material on why speaking in tongues is the Bible evidence of baptism of the Holy Spirit, 

along with information on the other gifts of the Holy Spirit. 

God bless from Australia

Nick :) 

Hmmm, maybe you can help me Nick.  I studied with BSF International for a few years (bible study fellowship)  I also was a discussion leader for the study on the Book of Romans.  The Lord has led me to start a bible study, so I am with one lady in town.  With the work of the Lord, my neighbor and I have been talking ( I cut her hair)  and I just mentioned that I am doing a bible study.  I know that she is searching.  She and her husband grew up Catholic and Lutheran.  So they are very much into the "rituals" .  She wants to join us.  Do you have any advice for me as to how I can help her to see the "religiosity of Catholicism " .  I am also going to be going with however the Spirit leads me.  I want her to see the false teachings of Catholicism without me saying anything about it.  Just the Word of God to show her truth.    I am hoping and praying that this will lead to revival in my little town as there has never been one.  All Glory to the Father and our Lord Jesus! 

Have a Blessed Day!  :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On 12/25/2017 at 7:11 AM, ForHisGlory37 said:

How can they totally ignore several chapters of Scripture

I think it is fear and man's doctrines. They have seen so many weirdos and are afraid of their shadows. It might have to do with control as well. Some places want you to write it down and give it to the pastor before making it public if he agrees. So much for spontaneity. If you want some great ideas, I suggest you get the Complete Works of Smith Wigglesworth and use some of those chapters as study points. They have so much power!

Wiggleseworth was a truly remarkable and humble man. I have applied some of his ideas with success.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1